Maintenance Thread

Options

Replies

• lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a bridal shower/tea this weekend. It was very nice. I had cake !!! It was soo good.but manage my weekend pretty good besides that. I went to a pole fitness class last night. It was very interesting ( after I quit laughing ) It requires alot of upper body strenght. Oh yeah and coordination, of which I lack. But it was fun. They also offer hooping classes which I can do. (believe it or not -with my lack of coordiantion skills I can hula hoop very well - go figure) I am going to wait until after i get back from my vacation/honeymoon and check it out. My best friend signed me up for the class - remind me to thank her!!!!! You not believe the things you can do on a pole!!!!!!

Have a happy healthy day!!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    bumping for later :)
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    So I went on vacation for 2wks and I am up 3.5lbs :frown: I half expected it though cause I was determined to fully enjoy my vacation and not have to question every last thing I put in my mouth!! Well anyway I am back on track now, just finished on the treadmill for almost an hour, burned over 400cals so I am feeling pretty good right now....love that exercise high!! :heart: Hope everyone has good results tomorrow, I doubt I will see a change but thats OK with me, the scale will eventually start moving in the right direction again!!
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a bridal shower/tea this weekend. It was very nice. I had cake !!! It was soo good.but manage my weekend pretty good besides that. I went to a pole fitness class last night. It was very interesting ( after I quit laughing ) It requires alot of upper body strenght. Oh yeah and coordination, of which I lack. But it was fun. They also offer hooping classes which I can do. (believe it or not -with my lack of coordiantion skills I can hula hoop very well - go figure) I am going to wait until after i get back from my vacation/honeymoon and check it out. My best friend signed me up for the class - remind me to thank her!!!!! You not believe the things you can do on a pole!!!!!!

Have a happy healthy day!!!
    LOL :noway: :embarassed:
  • lobster888
    Options
    My weigh-in was good, still in my range 126.2 so I am happy. Only ten more days ---can't wait. Things are getting a little busy - you know - all the last minute things. trying really hard to keep exercise and eating healthy at the top of my list. Did my boot camp class this morning and feel good. Doing a girl's outing this afternoon. It's called Chey Clay and you go and paint some pre-made clay pieces. It should be fun. Then for a lite bite after!!! The weekend will be devoted to all last minute things ....

Hope everyone is having a grear weigh-in!!!

Have a happy healthy day!!!!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello all and Happy October, I have had a bad binge week :sad: but on the good side i have only gone from 119 (goal weight) to 121 pounds it could have been sooo much worse :laugh: lobster enjoy your Chey Clay Day!!! Only 10 days to go WOW!!!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 124.5. Happy with that. Have a great weekend all :)
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Barty, and all, I have also had a bad weekend. I think my success went to my head. I am afraid to get on the scales already. I will weigh in later in the week.

Lobster! Congrats!!! so very close! enjoy!

I am really happy to hear from all of you that you have a range that is acceptable. Not sure what I want my range to be yet but fluctuations are so inevitable.

D
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I think I was 116 on Friday. Or maybe 117. I ovulated yesterday so I expect to shed a bit of water weight this week. Of course, I'll be putting it right back on next week as I get closer to Aunt Flo. :laugh:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! i've been MIA for a few days but now i'm back! i weighed on friday at 148.2. good with that.

i spend monday and tuesday in fort wayne at a work conference. every year at this event my company hosts a huge client party on monday night. we all drank too much but had a great time!! paid for it yesterday with a full day at the exhibit hall with a hangover and 3.5 hours of sleep! Yuck! Got home yesterday at 6PM, ate dinner and went right to bed! feeling much better today :)

weighed this morning to keep myself in check following 2 days of not logging, and it said 149.2, so not bad. back on the wagon today and spinning tonight.

happy hump day!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    Options
    trying so hard to find the balance. I admit, it was just a little here and a little extra there, plus two large celebrations and I am up a 1.4 pounds...consistent...since Monday. I have been fairly good this week with exercising. It is so depressing to see that in reality my maintenance is only about 1300 calories.

I have to create a new mantra for my mind... "I am a skinny person, and this is just how skinny people eat!...If I were still a fat person I could eat like a fat person, but I am not! So stop feeling sorry for yourself, you are not a deprived child!"

Negative, huh! :ohwell:

D
  • lobster888
    Options
    Hey DeeDee, I feel your frustration. I too saw the scale creep up if I was not as strict as on a diet type plan. But, I it does balance out - My maintenance seems to be about 1600 - 1800. But that is good healthy natural foods. If I eat too much sugar, salt or too many carbs it goes up and stays up for a few days. I am still trying to find that balance. I am still exercising at least 45 a day right now - so when I cut that back I may have to reduce my calories.

It's hard to see the scale go up when you barely eat more than the diet 1200 calories. But it takes time for the body to adjust - at least that is what i have experience. I was at a stand still for about two month. - I stuck with the 1200 and only ate back some of my exercise calories and the scale didn't move. I was like "This is great - my maintenance is 1200 plus alll this exercise - I wanted to give up - just too hard. But I stuck it out a little bit longer and was able to drop those last three pound.

I am still working on finding that balance - hence the reason for this thread.... we can help each other and support each other. This lifestyle change is a journey and it's easier with friends that understand.

Hope you have a great day!!!!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    "I am a skinny person, and this is just how skinny people eat!..
    It really is too.

I had a roommate when I first got out of college who was 1 inch taller than me and a size 2. (I was a size 14.) We'd go out for lunch and she'd have 1/2 an egg salad sandwich and be full. I try to remember that when I am eating my small portions and feeling weird.

ETA

One thing that helps a lot is exercise. It's not just that it burns calories, but it can also rev up your metabolism. So then your base calories go up as well.
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    :smile: First time posting on this thread! :smile: MacMadame HELLO! :wink:

I started Aug 2009 and lost 52 pounds.:bigsmile: I am not skinny but because I'm 62 years old I'm cooling it for a while and trying to maintain. I weigh 143 and at one point I was 205 before I started on this website.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :blushing: I've been maintaining this weight since May. My goal was to get my BMI in a normal zone.

I try to eat healthy foods.:tongue: Love my wine at night but track everything to keep in check. I weigh myself only once a week (on Wednesdays) and exercise on the treadmill almost every day for 45 - 75 minutes. I KNOW the exercise is making a difference and allows me to have an occasional treat.:happy: This past weekend I went away,( had a couple of treats but made healthy choices for the most part) and didn't track or exercise. I did use the stairs instead of the elevator (just 4 flights, but it adds up when you're doing it 10 times a day)!! I thought I may have gained but I didn't:happy: I drink plenty of water too!

Will be nice checking in with you all!:flowerforyou:

Have a great day!:flowerforyou:

BirdieM:heart
    :
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!! i need a KICK IN THE BUTT!!!!! i haven't exercised since Sunday - and also in that time, i went away to a work conference where i ate fast food to and from and drank too much. i've also REALLY struggled with snacking after dinner since i've been home. i need to find the motivation i had before my wedding to lose my last 9 lbs and get to my goal weight and maintain!

any suggestions? i'm thinking maybe i need a new goal or reward or exercise regime? something to get me back on the wagon!! HELP!

last friday i was 148.2. i'll weigh in tomorrow morning and face the music.
  • lobster888
    Options
    Well I was about 1/2 pound above my range - but since that is the high end of my range - I need to focus. I know its not much but....again its a 1/2 pound above my top range -( My range is 3 pounds from goal of 125 - either way. ) So my weigh in was 128.4. last week it was 126.2 - I know I didn't gain 2.2 pounds - that it is just flucuations but I need to drink my water and watch my salt and hopefully tomorrow it will be back down!!!

I have been watching everythign and making healthy choices and have completed day 120 of power 90 and also completed boot camp this week. So... but I haven't been logging in as much and counting every calorie. I won't be able to do it on vacation as well either. I jsut hope I can survive the wedding honeymoon without toomuch of a weight gain!!!!!

Sunday is the big day - I am soo excited!!!!

Hope everyone has a happy healthy day!!!!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi All, well I have had a much better week and managed to reach 118 pounds (goal weight is 119) so really Happy :laugh: :happy: :laugh: LOBSTER, All the best for Sunday...you must be so excited :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: enjoy every minute, you can always get back on track when you return from your honeymoon !!! Just make sure you log in as soon as you get back :bigsmile: x.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    125 this week, which is within range. Cant wait, going apple picking tomorrow. Need to find some good , low-cal apple pie/crumble recipes!

Lobster, I agree with barty, dont worry about the calories. we'll help get you back when you return:flowerforyou: Have a wonderful time and congrats!!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    Options
    Congratulations Lobster! Send us all some pics! You will be beautiful! enjoy!!

Thanks for the encouragement as well. I needed it. I have kicked it up a notch again this week so we shall see if anything good comes of it. It usually takes my body about 2-3 weeks to reveal any goodness from the changes I make.

Hooray for Kath and Barty!!! Wonderful!

Macmadame...I agree , I forget who wrote the skinny thing but it inspired me as well. I have told myself a number of times this week that a skinny person would not eat such and such, a skinny person would not skip exercising, and I AM a skinny person!!! Yippee!!!

Birdie, it sounds like you are really smart about this! When I was in nursing school, I remember them saying that as we age, it is OK to weigh more than when we were 20, in fact more than OK, healthy! If illness strikes (may the Lord preserve us) but if it strikes, those who are on the heavier end of "normal" have a higher survival rate than those who are on the low end of "normal". That 5-10 pound "cushion" (no pun intended):laugh: makes a difference.

Shannah, you are doing great. It sometimes takes a long time to lose those last 10 pounds. I feel like I am doing things 90$ right and it still takes me a year to lose 10 pounds! My journey began 5 and a half years ago but I have stuck with it and consistently lost!!! Hang in there and use this site to get the encouragement that you need. There are no real magic formulas, just exercise, eat healthy (some people need to be careful about too many carbs), avoid refined foods, and VIOLA! It happens!!

D
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I hit my original goal weigh of 130 about a month ago. Then I decided to lose a few more since the holidays are coming up and I figured it would be nice to have some wiggle room to indulge a bit. I've lost those few more and I'm trying to eat at maintenance. I'm finding it hard to eat enough. Some days I manage it, but other days I'm still below, and I'm still losing. I eat pretty clean and I'm rarely hungry. I don't want to cut my gym time since it's my stress reliever. In fact, I'm looking to hire a personal trainer for a few sessions since I want to add some muscle bulk back on as I think I'm getting too thin. Sounds like I'll have to start scarfing a few handfuls of almonds here and there and start in on that jar of peanut butter I've been hoarding!

Feels strange to have to eat MORE. This is a first! :laugh: