Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    naceto- I hope you made it to the gym tonight. It is so worth it to meet with someone who knows the machines and can meet you at your level. Go for it and enjoy the gym.

Robin- Hope you find the cause of the rash.

Today, was a long day and the beginning of a very busy and long week. I will need to make time to exercise this week before I go rock climbing on Friday. At least I did run today and it was not to bad. It was a combination of running drills and running.

Hope everyone has a great week and makes good choices.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I did it! I went to the gym! I worked out- not just the treadmill either... I did squats (thought of you, RobinsEgg) and step ups and sit ups, a thing where I push my feet against a platform and it lifts the weight, and some kind of lateral press thingy. Laurie- you are so completely spot on about having someone who knows the machines. I think that made all of the difference.

I know exactly what you mean, RobinsEgg, about sitting on your hands until the last minute... it is the worst feeling. Well, next to a bad rash.. ugh, sorry. If it's not the meds.. maybe something you are eating? I am sure you have thought of all of that... but sometimes I can do something as simple as switch brands of bread, and will break out.

BJCamp- Awesome on starting the C25k! Half is a HUGE accomplishment- I know, as I tried it... that is some really hard stuff. Great job!:drinker:

tlh0407- Thanks so much for your support! To note- 150 calories isn't much over... especially if it doesn't happen all of the time. I think that is a great job... AND I am positive I got you all beat on my housekeeping skills (or lack thereof) :laugh: I have been in this house nearly 7 years and still have boxes that need unpacking! Life is too short to be spent organizing... unless you like that kind of thing. :wink:

GrandmaKaye- Quit beating yourself up! You are here... you are logging... and by golly, you have exercise in your journal- So I think you are doing FANTABULOUSLY! :flowerforyou:

Tom- I am so glad that Amy is feeling better! I love your quote today... I have been saying that in my head, most days of my life ;)

jtconst- You just get back in there, girl! You know what to do, and how to do it. You know I'm cheering for you! :drinker:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I did it! I went to the gym! I worked out- not just the treadmill either... I did squats (thought of you, RobinsEgg) and step ups and sit ups, a thing where I push my feet against a platform and it lifts the weight, and some kind of lateral press thingy. Laurie- you are so completely spot on about having someone who knows the machines. I think that made all of the difference.

I know exactly what you mean, RobinsEgg, about sitting on your hands until the last minute... it is the worst feeling. Well, next to a bad rash.. ugh, sorry. If it's not the meds.. maybe something you are eating? I am sure you have thought of all of that... but sometimes I can do something as simple as switch brands of bread, and will break out.

BJCamp- Awesome on starting the C25k! Half is a HUGE accomplishment- I know, as I tried it... that is some really hard stuff. Great job!:drinker:

tlh0407- Thanks so much for your support! To note- 150 calories isn't much over... especially if it doesn't happen all of the time. I think that is a great job... AND I am positive I got you all beat on my housekeeping skills (or lack thereof) :laugh: I have been in this house nearly 7 years and still have boxes that need unpacking! Life is too short to be spent organizing... unless you like that kind of thing. :wink:

GrandmaKaye- Quit beating yourself up! You are here... you are logging... and by golly, you have exercise in your journal- So I think you are doing FANTABULOUSLY! :flowerforyou:

Tom- I am so glad that Amy is feeling better! I love your quote today... I have been saying that in my head, most days of my life ;)

jtconst- You just get back in there, girl! You know what to do, and how to do it. You know I'm cheering for you! :drinker:

Thats awesome. I knew you could do it :)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I did it! I went to the gym! I worked out- not just the treadmill either... I did squats (thought of you, RobinsEgg) and step ups and sit ups, a thing where I push my feet against a platform and it lifts the weight, and some kind of lateral press thingy.

WOHOOOO! SUPERHERO!
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Sunday share- for those that don't know- I have what they call generalized anxiety disorder... what that means is that for a long while, I was afraid to even leave my house.... I used to have panic attacks on a pretty regular basis, but it's better now. I'm braver. Sometimes though... I have to push through this barrier that I have allowed for so long to surround me. Usually, it feels awesome, once I push past my self imposed limits. The tough part is the actual pushing.

I hear you!
    I have been living with GAD and PTSD for a long time (*not* why I started working at a psych hospital, by the way). Some days, it is still difficult to get out of bed in the morning. So proud of how you're doing :smile:

I have to say that reading everyone's updates are always very inspiring ... helps a lot, believe me.

Not good at personals right now, sorry.

Monday update - I'm here, still surviving. Didn't go to the gym today (just couldn't get out of the house... it's been a bad week).

Keep on going folks, it is really worth it!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: Well, I've arrived in Arkansas - yee haw!! It's going to be a long week though. Cyrus has already called me 5 times and crying this last call because he misses me so much. Talk about guilt. Lord give me strength!! I will say I'm super proud of myself. Flight was 6:00 a.m. and I was able to get first class. For breakfast, they offered me a scone and I said no thanks as I pulled out my 20 gram protein bar. Woo Hoo!! Vegas to Denver was easy. Denver was delayed due to a wire issue with lights. Finally left, but it threw off the rest of my day. Arrived in Fayetteville around 3:30. Got to the hotel and sure enough my room is like 4 doors from the fitness center so I guess that's a sign. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical. Logged over 12,000 steps today and over 5 miles. Woo Hoo!! Plus, I walked a few blocks to a grocery store and loaded up on yogurt, fruit, veggies, turkey, etc. . . since my room is a suite with a kitchen. I'm all set for the week. Tomorrow will be different with meals out, but I can do this even on the road.

@ BJ - Great job for starting C25K! It's been on my list, but I keep using excuses about losing more weight. One day I'll get it started, but I'm burning quite a few calorie son the elliptical and I do a pace of 14 minute mile so not too bad.

@ Nicole - So proud of you!! I started with a trainer a few weeks ago. It's a big financial commitment, but I'm really enjoying the extra push I was giving myself. It's all about finding the right person though, which I have gone to Kelley and Laurie for advice since they've had their trainers for awhile. Baby steps.

@ Robin & Nicole - I've never had anxiety issues myself, but Cyrus does battle them at times and it just breaks my heart. I just want to do whatever I can to make him feel safe, but have to accept he needs to do it on his time. Just so hard. I feel for both of you as this is something you battle.

@ Vicki - Hang in there!!! You've accomplished so much and just hold on. Things will start to click again and you'll be right back on track. I know you will. I know you've been an inspiration to me.

@ Laurie - Your schedule is nuts this week. Luckily, every week is not like that so just push through this one. Loved the post on kayaking and glad you enjoyed it!!

@ Tom - Great news about Amy!! Some times it takes something like this for us to appreciate what we have. I'm sure you're telling Amy that right now and how much you love her and everything she does to keep your family going. We cannot give praise enough!!

@ Robin - Well, poo on the date. Perhaps he really is like super sick. I guess time will tell.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys-
    This week is clearly going to be one of those weeks where I just need to keep up with posts and skip personals unless I have something extremely profound to add to the conversation. I'm just super busy! Tomorrow is a union meeting after school, Wed is Open House, and then Thurs I have plans to visit a friend who is recovering from foot surgery.

I spent tonight cooking lunch for the week, so at least I'm set with that. Also, did a couple of loads of laundry--still waiting for the last load to dry.

I'm so proud of all of you trying new activities--keep going guys!! :drinker:

Monday Check in:
    Well, I decided to make the gym a priority yesterday and got ZERO grading done over the weekend. However, I got about 6 papers graded today. Still have 20 left that need to be done by Thursday so that's pretty doable even with all of my after school commitments. I may go in early tomorrow to try to finish a few before classes start.

Today it was 96 degrees and super muggy with a "feels like" temp of 102! :glasses: I walked gunner and was sweating without even exerting any real effort. Too bad you don't burn more calories when it's that hot. :grumble:

Random fun fact--you know that new Sandra Bullock/ George Clooney movie, Gravity? If you watch the trailer, there's a point where Clooney asks Bullock's character "Where's home, Dr. Stone?" and she answers "Lake Zurich, IL." Not sure how the town where I teach got chosen, but it's kind of cool!
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I didn't do a typical Sunday share yesterday as I did a really lengthy one last week when I restarted on the site. But, for those of you who just started. Hi, I'm Charlotte. I'm one of the very few Canadians in this forum. I know of two who are that live closer to the west coast. I'm in Ontario, not far from Toronto. I am a long time divorced woman with 2 grown children and 5 1/2 grandchildren. #6 is due the end of January. I work full time as an RN on a surgical floor. Been nursing for 39 years and still love what I do. I love reading, genealogy and spending time with my grandkids. I used to do a lot of walking and hiking but not since having both my knees replaced 5 years ago. Its just too hard to climb or walk on uneven grround. I'm rather frightened of falling. I've tried to get on my bike this past summer but came very close to losing my balance and just haven't gotten up the courage to try again. I am determined to try but it may take awhile. I'm hoping that if I lose some weight it will help my center of balance. I use my stationary bike but don't really enjoy it.

I've lost just over 6 pounds since restarting MFP about 10 days ago but for some reason its not recording on my ticker. I've tried everything I can to get it to go but no luck. I've reset it back to 0 when I started again but would really love to have it showing my loss so if any of you have a clue, please let me know what I need to do. I'm so happy to be back and getting the support and encouragement that this site in particular gives me, means the world to me. For all the newbies, come often and join in the daily discussions. You will not regret it. You'll get more out of it when you put some effort into getting to know us. Have a great week and don't forget to drink your water. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Charlotte
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Tues. goal: I really want to go to the gym regularly, but am finding it tough for a couple of reasons. One is family demands (which I will always have), and the other is that I'm very shy about working out in front of other people, due to my size. That one, I can work with. In fact, I'm trying to go as soon as all of the aerobic type classes are over with and everyone leaves. There are still some people there, but I can deal with that. So, if I can get to the gym in the early afternoon , it will work out fine.
    Today is a challenge as my daughter is demanding my time, AND the weather here is going from lovely, cool weather to over 42 with the humidity. Not sure I'll last the day outside, shopping and then have energy to hit the gym in the evening.
    My other goal to reach success, is to log my food.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday didn’t end up being a “stay home” night like I thought, but I still got quite a bit done (I should learn not to say it out loud because I jinxed it :grumble: ).

1. Clean Bathroom (still need to do the floor)
    2. Finish Laundry (DONE)
    3. Vacuum
    4. Sort through Emma’s clothes (in process)
    5. 100 squats (DONE)
    6. 100 Tricep Kickbacks (DONE)

@naceto – great job!!! Proud of you! :flowerforyou:

Tuesday. My goal today is to stay within my calorie goal and reduce the sodium. Yesterday I had too much and I can feel it. I used to eat too much salt on a regular basis and never felt this bad. It’s amazing how quickly your body adjusts to “good” behavior and then makes us feel crappy when we over do it. Now the trick is to remember how I felt when I really want those chips. :sad:

Tonight I volunteer at Emma’s school for the back to school event and then we run to get Jacob from saxophone lessons (luckily, Michael can drop him off on his way to work).

1. Finish Bathroom
    2. Vacuum
    3. Finish Emma’s clothes
    4. 105 squats
    5. 50 push ups

Quite a few of us are struggling with finding the right rhythm for ourselves. I hope that we can all get that figured out. For those of you that have that rhythm down – Good for you and thank you for being inspirations. :heart:

Today will be my 5th day in a row that I have met my water goal!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Well the company is back in WV, we are back home and I am back on track and training hard for this weekend's 5Ks!!! I did well this past week in many ways... mainly, I logged it ALL good, bad and ugly, and I know that helped with moderation! I also kept up with my runs and learned that treadmills are EVIL. I went over my daily limits most days but bumping my limits down a few weeks ago left me plenty of margin for error so I think I may show a loss at TOPS this week!!! I am anxious to catch up with everyone so I will try to slog through 7 pages of posts.... BBL!!!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 6 pounds since restarting MFP about 10 days ago but for some reason its not recording on my ticker. I've tried everything I can to get it to go but no luck. I've reset it back to 0 when I started again but would really love to have it showing my loss so if any of you have a clue, please let me know what I need to do. I'm so happy to be back and getting the support and encouragement that this site in particular gives me, means the world to me. For all the newbies, come often and join in the daily discussions. You will not regret it. You'll get more out of it when you put some effort into getting to know us. Have a great week and don't forget to drink your water. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Charlotte

Charlotte - I don't know if you've already done this - this was under the HELP Tab:
    "Once you've logged in, click "My Home", then "Check-in", then "Edit Previous Entries". On that page, you can delete weight entries, or add new entries for any date. Any changes you make will be synced to the app automatically once the app is connected to the internet."
    Not sure what they mean by app. Hope this helps! If not you can send an email to the HELP DEPT. and they can reset your weight for you!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Had a seriously bad day at work yesterday, followed by about 3 hours of sleep and a flat tire this morning. To say this week is off to a rough start would be an understatement. Similar to Karen, this is going to be a crazy week. I may not have a lot of time for personals, but know that I’m thinking about each and every one of you and am proud of all of your accomplishments!

Tuesday Goals~To get through this week in one piece and to sleep better tonight (if only I could get my brain to shut off)!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    charlotte- i am soooo happy to see you back here! :happy: :happy: ! i missed you
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have literally spent 1/2 my day getting caught up on everyone... and I am glad I did!!! I am not a great one with personals but I do like to keep up with you all, love the victories on and off the scale, and love to have a place to share mine as well!!!

I am definitely relating to those of you who are shy exercisers.... I am literally feeling sick about my upcoming 5Ks!!! And it is because PEOPLE WILL SEE ME!!! But one of my main goals in even doing them is to show the world that a 46 year old woman weighing almost 250, who has spent most of the last 5 1/2 years so sick she spent most of every day in a recliner can DO a 5K. I want to inspire others to start NOW on heart, lung and bone health, not when you are lighter. I started my C25K program able to do some 30-60 sec. intervals and having to work for WEEKS to finish week 1.....and that was OK!!! And with all of these accomplishments and improvements, I am still stressing over the fact that I am going to run..... in public...... in the daylight!!!

It looks like I am getting myself an "I can do 5K in less than 45 min." prize!!! DD just found me a used Ipod nano for 50.00!!! Perfect to go with the sports headphones I just found at the PX!!!
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals - have to second on the "survive the week" goal (and getting into gear)... my annual vacation is next week, and I'm so looking forward I can't describe.
    We lost a patient last night... things at work are tense at best.

Hugs to everyone!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Kelley & Vicki- I will make it my Wednesday wish tomorrow that you BOTH survive the week... in fact, I predict great things for you. You just had to get past some rough stuff to get to the goods.... you know, like the diamond from the coal. :flowerforyou:

I am SORE... it wasn't so bad this morning, but man oh man, it is rough this afternoon. Is it protein and water I am supposed to do a ton of if I am working out? I may have to research to remember.

Also, considering a fitbit... looking at the skinny clip on one that measures sleep too.... does anyone have that one?

Tuesday goals- I want to get in the gym at least one more time this week. I am doing a lot of walking during breaks at work, since it is such a beautiful setting. I would like to keep that up too.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Just caught up on posts and still need to grade so I will make this quick.

Tuesday Goals:
    I need to finish the motif analyses by Thursday and since tomorrow is open house, I won't have any time tomorrow night. My juniors are testing though, so at least that will give me 2 class periods tomorrow to grade. I would like to get at least a few done tonight before bed, but I'm already getting sleepy. :yawn:

Grading Goal:
    1. x/20 motif analyses
    2. 53/53 censorship responses DONE
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Quickly checking in since it has been a busy day.

Goals- to grade 95 lab papers for 8th grade
    Finalize the quiz for 7th grade.
    Get to the gym or workout before I go rock climbing on Friday--meaning I may skip a meeting tomorrow night. I need a down night.

Stress is building as I went to the 7th grade planning meeting today and felt like I wasted that entire time. I will not be going to that meeting again anytime soon. Then went to 8th grade planning meeting and it was productive. The joys of teaching 2 grade levels. I really hate unproductive meetings.
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Tuesday goal is to just keep doing what I've done this past week. Log in my food every day. Weigh in every week on my first solid day off of the week. Drink 8-10 glasses of water every day . And last , vist with you all every day. Even if I can't find the time to do all the personals I would like to , I have to visit with you every day. This is what is keeping me on track.

@Karenleona, Thank you my friend. Its good to be back. I've missed all of you so much and couldn't be happier to be a part of the group again.

@robinsegg - Thanks Robin, I realized that the reason I'm still showing 0 pounds lost is that I am still going on my previous weight . I'm still way above my last recorded weight from 6 months ago so it won't register until I'm below that weight. I can wipe out all previous entries and start from scratch but then I lose my history. I'm going to try to print out my history so I can see where I started and how long it took me to get to my lowest weight and then I can delete it and start from the beginning. Thanks for the help.

@skinnyj - keep plugging away at those papers. I'm shocked at how much time you have to spend grading on your own time. Its like having a second job without getting paid. Remind me, what classes do you teach?

Congrats to all those who met their goals this past week and to those who didn't or are just starting out, keep trying, its so worth it when you finally see your ticker moving in a downward direction. And, don't forget to drink your water. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Charlotte