What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• quark3
    quark3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup of egg whites, 1 medium Mission Carb Balance tortilla and 1 slice of cheddar cheese.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Quaker Weight Control Cinnamon Oatmeal and a Mandarin Orange
  • hotmamatodd
    hotmamatodd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Rye toast with natural pb and chia seeds. Perfect with a steam cup of coffee! On early morning run days I load up with steel cut oats topped with raisins or fresh berries.
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    So for many years I have only ate a snakc (on some days) and dinner. I always would get my nutrients needed with my dinner though. I am currently at a slowing plateau. I have read a few times that jumpstarting your metabolism is best if you eat something healthy in the morning. So I am trying just that.

Ate an egg for breakfast this morning. Going for 5 strawberries and 1/2c. fat free cottage cheese for lunch.

Any input on this subject? Or what do YOU eat for breakfast?

2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon... EVERY morning. EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING.
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I like to have a little protein in the morning because I find I don't get hungry as fast, and I'm not together enough to cook an egg most days. So my go-to is either an everything bagel with hummus or, if I want something sweet, plain yogurt with fruit and granola. And then I have coffee or tea.

Today was a bagel-with-hummus day.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    What's on the menu today guys? I like reading what people are eating. :)

I'm enjoying 2 kiwis and a bowl of watermelon now followed by 2 scrambled eggs, some walnuts and a piece of toast in about a half hour.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Shakeology - 1scoop
    Banana Protein Powder - 1 scoop
    Banana
    No Fat Milk - 1/2 cup
    Ice Cubes

400 calories.
  • Buckeyegirlbritt
    Options
    I eat organic oatmeal and a hard boiled egg.
  • Firemansam79
    Firemansam79 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    2 Eggs on Brownberry Sandwich Thins, with 1 slice of Deli Mesquite Turkey Breast, Cheese and a dash of hot sauce.

I normally just do 1 egg but was very hungry today.
  • H_Jack
    H_Jack Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I either eat a spinach smoothie (with banana, spinach, Greek yogurt, cinnamon, chia, and almond milk--around 400 cals) or Muesili topped with fruit (oats, almond milk, chia/flax, cinnamon, a squirt of agave, and whatever fresh fruit is in the house--around 350 cals). I find it's important for me to start the day with a decent amount of protein and vitamins. Not only is it good for my body, but good for my mind, too. When you start the day out on the right foot, it's easy to keep headed in a good direction!
  • BamaJohn3
    BamaJohn3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, I had read it is important to eat early to get your metabolism started so you can begin burning calories early in the day. I am not usually hungry in the mornings but during my weight loss I forced myself to eat 1/2 a peanut butter sandwich. Eventually I got used to having it and I did seem to lose the weight.

More recently, I discovered Life Choice Bars - there are several kinds but at least 4 of them are high in protein and not too much fat. After losing the pounds I wanted to, I am lifting and building muscle and the protein is my focus. The bars are inexpensive and pretty tasty. I don't eat them when I first get up but shortly after getting to work. Having these makes the decision on what to eat easy.

Fruit sounds tasty but I don't typically have time to prepare unless I do so in advance and it does not provide me the protein that I need...although I read where someone is having steak - I'm up for that !!! :)
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs on toasted stottie :)
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Nothing... Leangains.com
  • lonnieart
    lonnieart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A glass of milk to drink and Quaker instant oatmeal (enriched with iron) mixed with pepitas, hemp seeds, and a small amount of raw wildflower honey.

(A cup of unsweetened tea is a given with me - black, white, green, oolong or herbal. Today it was black, lol)
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I made oatmeal with half water and half soymilk, then mixed in a big scoop of canned pumpkin. Cup of spiced chai tea with cinnamon and a drop of honey. So delicious and perfect for the crisp fall morning :)
  • emma48209
    emma48209 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I ate a fresh nectarine and a lite 60 calorie yogurt ,feel better eating light especially at breakfast.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    M-F I eat 3 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1/4 cup - ish ( each ) of onions, bell peppers and green peppers

Now if I could only find something like that I could eat during the week for lunch, my life would be so easy!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Like everyday: Nothing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to burn fat and the best way to do that of course is to strength train and eat more protein.

Usually for breakfast, I'll have coffee, green tea, green apple, and for protein a lite greek yogurt with some ground flax seed.

Occassionally I'll mix it up with turkey sausage or oatmeal.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I had two doughnuts today.