HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member

So divisive.

Don't have any pics of my own to add, but a little birdy told me that the OP has gained 9 lbs since the original post, yet, and here's the kicker, her approximate BF% is lower and she's lost half an inch in her thighs, waist, and hips, and gone down a pant size.

The little birdy just wanted to drop that bit of info in here, as further proof of the benefits of heavy lifting.

Could you tell that little birdy that Tinker Angel-Pants is missed and still loved by many.

Absolutely this. She is awesome!!

Same here! Love her and miss her like crazy!

ETA: don't suppose that little birdie has an updated progress pic to share on her behalf... ? :)
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Effin in! Also with no pics of my own to add because... Well, because.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    I lift somewhere in the middle on my lifting. ....and i always screw the pics up trying to post my before and afters but my before is in my profile album and my current profile pic was taken today. I have made some huge changes for the better....I dont care if you lift heavy or light....just challenge yourself every day!!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    IN

*no pics yet, but someday*
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Been lifting for 5 months! Wish I would have started with that, from the get go, while trying to lose the baby weight. LOVE LOVE the feeling of weight training and please, I challenge you to just TRY and get big ;) Everyone looks so fantastic, happy and healthy!!! Keep up the awesome work!!! Strong is the new sexy ;)

motivation17-1.jpg

motivation20.jpg

_DSC0104b.jpg

_DSC0107b-1.jpg
    You look just amazing! What an inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • grabbin_life84
    grabbin_life84 Posts: 36 Member
    Been lifting for 5 months! Wish I would have started with that, from the get go, while trying to lose the baby weight. LOVE LOVE the feeling of weight training and please, I challenge you to just TRY and get big ;) Everyone looks so fantastic, happy and healthy!!! Keep up the awesome work!!! Strong is the new sexy ;)

motivation17-1.jpg

motivation20.jpg

_DSC0104b.jpg

_DSC0107b-1.jpg
    You look just amazing! What an inspiration. :flowerforyou:
    Thanks Lady! YOU inspire me as well!
  • i just started the lifting program detailed in Michael Mathews "Thinner Leaner Stronger" ....i have a lot of weight to lose (65lbs) and decided to try something new ....my question is this : i'm pretty good at logging my food and staying under my calorie goals -yes , i eat my exercise calories back , normally its in the form of something sweet that fits into the calories for the day ....will i bulk up on top of my fat if i don't eat "cleaner" ??
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    i just started the lifting program detailed in Michael Mathews "Thinner Leaner Stronger" ....i have a lot of weight to lose (65lbs) and decided to try something new ....my question is this : i'm pretty good at logging my food and staying under my calorie goals -yes , i eat my exercise calories back , normally its in the form of something sweet that fits into the calories for the day ....will i bulk up on top of my fat if i don't eat "cleaner" ??
    ... Hang on, I'll go grab a link or two:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818594-building-muscle-and-losing-fat-at-the-same-time
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/822501-halp-my-sandwich-isn-t-clean
    Those posts are from the Eat, Train, Progress group. Great stuff, IMHO. :flowerforyou:

Edited out my uninformed ramblings to add links.
  • thanks !!
  • grabbin_life84
    Finally got a decent back shot taken :)

_DSC0105b.jpg
  • grabbin_life84
    Well hmmm...Not sure how to shrink the photo so you can view the whole thing. Sorry guys! Wasn't able to delete either.
  • anitamw
    anitamw Posts: 7 Member
    this is truly inspiring! i can't wait for my next bodypump class so that i can add some more weights. i have been adding about 1kg to 1.5kg to the weights each time i go for class and i love the feeling of "hey, i can actually carry that heavy now!" i hope to continue adding until i become "supah bulky" ;)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    @grabbin_life you look amazing
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    so in again...I love these transformations

I started SL 5x5 Monday and can hardly wait to show mine....:drinker:
  • grabbin_life84
    Thank you Meeper123!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    IN :bigsmile:

Hoping to add my own photos soon
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    <<- Today's profile pic is shows what lifting did to me
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Effin in! Also with no pics of my own to add because... my extreme hotness would cause a shift in the space time continuum, it's a safety issue

FTFY
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!