HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• Getit_Simpson
    Getit_Simpson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump...Motivation!

Hopefully, I'll have some before and after pics like this....check me out in about 6 months!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Love all these beautiful strong women..

Oh and BTW, chicks who dead lift are AWESOME!!:drinker:

yjhG0qU.jpg

Show off!!!

:flowerforyou: :love: :drinker:
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    i havent started lifting but i do plan to. im doing insanity....well do to sickness i havent done anything in a month but im better and plan restarting insanity next week. then i want to do lifting
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Love all of these photos...so inspirational :happy:

SOMEONE teach me how to lift :sad:

read:smile:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs

and watch youtube videos on form
    i watched these this week to check my squat form...i really liked them...there are 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ME8gEN54Ao
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Hanging out over here, before that other thread makes my head explode.

I could go through and quote every single photo. You all look fantastic!

You've all given me hope that if I keep up all the hard work, I will get there some day. So thank you for being awesome. :heart:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I just wanna say, that the pics and stories on this thread (sans the drama for your mama posts) are really motivating me to prepare and start lifting heavy.
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all these pictures. You ladies are absolutely gorgeous and inspirational.

Before my weight loss in 2009 - 163 lbs

c677a75a-8481-4b75-bc4d-74fc2bd7cae4_zpsc8f3d71b.jpg
    aa15a4b5-522b-4ca6-8938-cc9d1f7028b8_zps1cbefbda.jpg

Before I started lifting and after months of cardio 2/2013 - 131 lbs and 31% bf

d1170e7d-1bc0-4b3d-8f1e-f64695746319_zps32f39d13.jpg
    ac4cbe4b-9983-4964-8090-ee15ccf88e3f_zps60d1a910.jpg

After a few months of heavy lifting - 126 lbs and ?? on bf

aa50aa28-cd1b-4f65-a2f2-1ca14c5cb528_zpsbf44c686.jpg
    b4e84665-4263-41a8-8e9b-0805ba16e7c6_zpsba9a4ff8.jpg

Not where I want to be yet. I'm working to drop my bf to under 20% and then get SUPAH Bulky :love:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Bump

I hate the gym, but this makes me want to join one again!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    HOLD YOUR HORSES.

I hope you all pause for a moment to really really feel in your hearts how your words and actions have inspired people to make positive changes in their LIVES. I mean, peoples' lives are changing for the better! Total strangers on the street, and excellent coaches and cheerleaders on MFP.

Amazing. I love it. Pay it forward and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
    And that, my dear, was my intention in posting this thread. It literally makes me beam to know that at least a few women are going to conquer their fears and change their lives for the better.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I saw/read the other thread first, and it left me feeling sad. I'm glad I found/read this one, because I am happy again :)
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You are all amazing and I hope to get to this point one day myself!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I saw/read the other thread first, and it left me feeling sad. I'm glad I found/read this one, because I am happy again :)
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    All I can say about women who have focus that is beyond a number or a dress size....

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6365-1355938751-11.gif
    tumblr_m573cm446k1rtjw1mo1_250.gif
    IEO0X.gif
    clapping%20gif17.jpg
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

GASP! You look so amazing.

I think people have a hard time seeing through the tan and the pump. Even at the competition you do not look bulky. I'll bet two weeks after that competition you looked soft and feminine and people wouldn't even know you lifted unless you were wearing extremely tight clothes and flexing.

Thank you and exactly.

Here are a few a couple of days before and you can see a big difference without the tan and stuff ( I forgot about these, I did a fun photoshoot with a friend) so yeah, a few weeks after I was a lot softer.

edit for super hugeness. Will repost.
    785dec74-2c8d-4891-afbb-070a3a3e25ae_zps4013e346.jpg

1fd4f823-3730-433e-b822-81cde8d2556f_zps78d6ac33.jpg

Your legs are AMAZING!!!

You have no idea what a compliment that is. I have always been really self conscious of my legs. Part of the reason I did the competition was to challenge myself. I had not wore just a bathing suit in front of people since before high school so it was kind of a big deal. LOL.

@ Lea - I didn't want to get the ew bulky thing going. And thanks!

To the lovely lady in the above pic: You are GORGEOUS. You were gorgeous in your competition shots as well! Well done.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    <<< my supah bulky arms. I don't have any full-body pictures yet. I've been lifting on and off for 20 years, but I just started doing stronglifts a couple months ago. There are so many amazing ladies getting strong and fit from lifting here!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Love all these beautiful strong women..

Oh and BTW, chicks who dead lift are AWESOME!!:drinker:

yjhG0qU.jpg

I love the face you are making. :laugh:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

GASP! You look so amazing.

I think people have a hard time seeing through the tan and the pump. Even at the competition you do not look bulky. I'll bet two weeks after that competition you looked soft and feminine and people wouldn't even know you lifted unless you were wearing extremely tight clothes and flexing.

Thank you and exactly.

Here are a few a couple of days before and you can see a big difference without the tan and stuff ( I forgot about these, I did a fun photoshoot with a friend) so yeah, a few weeks after I was a lot softer.

edit for super hugeness. Will repost.
    785dec74-2c8d-4891-afbb-070a3a3e25ae_zps4013e346.jpg

1fd4f823-3730-433e-b822-81cde8d2556f_zps78d6ac33.jpg

Your legs are AMAZING!!!

You have no idea what a compliment that is. I have always been really self conscious of my legs. Part of the reason I did the competition was to challenge myself. I had not wore just a bathing suit in front of people since before high school so it was kind of a big deal. LOL.

@ Lea - I didn't want to get the ew bulky thing going. And thanks!

OMG. You are gorgeous, woman. ♥
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all these pictures. You ladies are absolutely gorgeous and inspirational.

Before my weight loss in 2009 - 163 lbs

c677a75a-8481-4b75-bc4d-74fc2bd7cae4_zpsc8f3d71b.jpg
    aa15a4b5-522b-4ca6-8938-cc9d1f7028b8_zps1cbefbda.jpg

Before I started lifting and after months of cardio 2/2013 - 131 lbs and 31% bf

d1170e7d-1bc0-4b3d-8f1e-f64695746319_zps32f39d13.jpg
    ac4cbe4b-9983-4964-8090-ee15ccf88e3f_zps60d1a910.jpg

After a few months of heavy lifting - 126 lbs and ?? on bf

aa50aa28-cd1b-4f65-a2f2-1ca14c5cb528_zpsbf44c686.jpg
    b4e84665-4263-41a8-8e9b-0805ba16e7c6_zpsba9a4ff8.jpg

Not where I want to be yet. I'm working to drop my bf to under 20% and then get SUPAH Bulky :love:

Beautiful ♥
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I want a weight set, or at least one of those adjustable bar bells you can put up to 100lbs on it. The whole myth of lifting heavy will make you bulky is exactly why my husband won't help me pay for a weight set / bench. It pisses me off. I have had an easier time convincing him to help me get breast implants than lift heavy weights. Not that we can afford those, but the point stands. Nothing I say will convince him that I won't look like a body builder on steroids if I lift weights.

I find other ways to lift heavy, though, when I can. Aside from that, I use resistance bands for strength training and like my results enough. I want to improve, but I know it won't happen with just the bands. I did buy stronger resistances, so I can actually challenge myself more now, but it's not quite the same as free weights. This past week I've been doing tons of gardening, and been taking out 50lb bags of bad dirt / old roots / bulbs to the dumpster which has definitely worked my arms good.

Anyways, just wanted to throw in my .02 here. OP and all you other women taking the next step and doing weights look amazing and are an inspiration to me as well as many other women. :) Don't ever hold back! :heart:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I want a weight set, or at least one of those adjustable bar bells you can put up to 100lbs on it. The whole myth of lifting heavy will make you bulky is exactly why my husband won't help me pay for a weight set / bench. It pisses me off. I have had an easier time convincing him to help me get breast implants than lift heavy weights. Not that we can afford those, but the point stands. Nothing I say will convince him that I won't look like a body builder on steroids if I lift weights.

I find other ways to lift heavy, though, when I can. Aside from that, I use resistance bands for strength training and like my results enough. I want to improve, but I know it won't happen with just the bands. I did buy stronger resistances, so I can actually challenge myself more now, but it's not quite the same as free weights. This past week I've been doing tons of gardening, and been taking out 50lb bags of bad dirt / old roots / bulbs to the dumpster which has definitely worked my arms good.

Anyways, just wanted to throw in my .02 here. OP and all you other women taking the next step and doing weights look amazing and are an inspiration to me as well as many other women. :) Don't ever hold back! :heart:
    Show him this thread.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!