calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Futura, if it's a girl
    Futuro, if it's a boy

Please be joking.
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and childfree by choice (staunchly!) and my fiancé already had a vasectomy for this reason...so yep, NEVER having children!

However, I like names!

My current favorites:

Boys: Todd, Joel, Brent, Brooks, Karl, Andrew, Kipling, Scott, Christian, Luke & Seth (my favorite)

Girls: Jill, Gillian, Romy, Delaney, Rowan, Brooke, Elodie, Liberty, Somer, Gwendolyn, Adrienne, Meredith & Berit (my favorite)

My lovely little sister is Meredith. She loves her name and that it is fairly unique in the UK

ETA the quote
  • Leighjr
    Leighjr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    There were 59 baby girls named Meredith born in 2012

My names even less Leigh, 11 boys 6 girls lol

Use this site http://names.darkgreener.com/#
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Done having babies I believe...but I have my girl and my boy.

Mackenzi Rae
    Brayden Jason (middle is dad's first name)

If I had anymore my names would be

Lucy
    Owen

With middle names undecided...but the hubs is snipped so shouldn't happen.
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I want to make sure my child's name is awkward to say and spell so that the world knows I value being a trendy attention *kitten* more than I value the sanity of my child. Cause it's all about mom feeling special when naming a kid, right?

"Hurry up Jaxsoniqua Braeydon Paeyton Aiden Caydun Smiyth. Where is your sister Nevaeh?"

this

and to be fair, any more than 2 syllables in a name is pointless because people will never call them that (not even the mums once the novelty wears off after 2 weeks) pretty much all names get shortened

My daughter's name is Mackenzi (3 syllables) and most people call her Mackenzi...sometimes does get shortened to Kenzi but teachers and even our 4 year old son call her Mackenzi...its what she likes better =)
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Girl: Jubilee
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Girl: Beatrice
  • rwstoneman1
    rwstoneman1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lily and Arthur :)
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    already have 3 kids and have my tubes tied cuz had preterm labor all 3 and didn't figure my body would handle more. If I did miraculously have another kid though if I had a girl I would name her Hallelujah cuz it would be great she would get called to work or something and her boss would be like Hallelujah, Can you come into work today? :)And her name would be like a celebration. If it were a boy I'd name him Revival just cuz that would be a cool and very unique name.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Jesus, I'm going to name my kid Ashley or Michael because by the time they grow up the'll have the most unique name around.

But I'm going to spell it A-hash-leigheee and Muhighkaeil... cause I'm a mean mom.

:laugh:
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Girl: Lillian aka Lily
    Boy: I love Vladimir but I'm not Russian and will probably set my kid up for teasing if I named him that... Still love the name though!
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    1) they're going to be your kid's name, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Not true. It matters what the kid thinks!! Naming a kid Dumbledore because YOU are a Harry Potter fan is stupid, selfish and mean and will just make your kid hate you.

It also matters what other people in your child's life think. You do your kid a disservice by naming them S'peshul Snowflayk. Your name is your identity until after you've died. Every teacher, potential employer, client, etc *will* make a judgement about you based on your name. If your child wants to be a supreme court justice, or CEO, it's unlikely to happen if their name is Bambi Trixibelle, for instance. Your child is not an accessory. It's a human being with a long life ahead of it.

OMG. I am totally naming my kid Bambi Trixibelle.

I'm naming mine S'peshul Snowflayk.... except I'm going to spell it s_dsFai8s eGHaiua//sdn+&ce and his or her teacher is just going to have to psychically know that it's supposed to be pronounced special snowflake. And yes all the capitals and symbols have to be just like they are written there.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Back when I was pregnant, which feels like 1000 years ago, I frequented all kinds of pregnancy and baby forums. There was one woman who wrote on a forum dedicated to baby names, "What do you think of the name 'Eden Serenity'?" . She totally raged when someone commented that it sounded like an old folks home. I think we even got a "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO MEAN??!?!?" comment out of her. And someone else was going to name their kid Rance. Sounds like rants. Or rancid. She flipped out when that was pointed out as well.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    If I ever had another one, I would name it NoMo!
  • X3MM
    X3MM Posts: 92
    Options
    Oopsie
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Girl- Gia, Summer, Brooklyn
    boy- Kai, gavin, chase, liam

My son's name is Chase, if fits him perfectly, my hubby is begging for a little girl, and i want the initials to be the same as my son's...so we have found the name Caris Abigail...not pregnant yet but we are hoping :)
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    see I can go one better than la-a (la dash a)

I'm going to call my child Letitia, only I'm going to spell it

la my-cup-of-tea.jpg sha

and yes, whoever writes her name has to paint the cup of tea in the middle, just like that. Pretty flower decorations n'all.

ETA: and don't forget the teaspoon
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    see I can go one better than la-a (la dash a)

I'm going to call my child Letitia, only I'm going to spell it

la my-cup-of-tea.jpg sha

and yes, whoever writes her name has to paint the cup of tea in the middle, just like that. Pretty flower decorations n'all.

ETA: and don't forget the teaspoon

*snort*
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    prince-symbol.jpg

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet.