Who Eats Processed And Still Gets Good Results

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    4bed48de-1510-44c9-b34b-b19320b962a9_zpsfe4427e3.jpg

You know, spam is actually pretty good. Fry up a couple slices and put it on a bagel with cheese and you have something special.

Spam. mayo and cheese on toast. We had this for at least one meal per camping trip as kids. :bigsmile:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'll eat any meat I can get my lips around.

*giggling intensified*
  • chai_masala
    chai_masala Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Unless you grow it yourself and eat it raw and dirty, everything you eat is processed. Can we get off this stupid binary now?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Any people out there who still eat processed sandwich meat and yet STILL enjoy the benefits of lifting heavy and seeing amazing results? Just curious. Thanks
    What exactly is it about sandwich meat that would prevent one from lifting heavy and seeing amazing results? I don't get it.

So yes, I eat it!

Not enough protein in a single serving? I don't know...just spit ballin' here...
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Unless you grow it yourself and eat it raw and dirty, everything you eat is processed. Can we get off this stupid binary now?

you must be new here
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Truth? Everything I eat is made of cauliflower. EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

I've discovered a great substitute for cauliflower - it's called meat.
    (And the bonus is that it doesn't taste like vomit...)

pfft I have meat cauliflower!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

You know, spam is actually pretty good. Fry up a couple slices and put it on a bagel with cheese and you have something special.

I haven't had it in quite awhile since my wife refuses to even try the stuff...but it was pretty much a staple in my family growing up. It's extra good fried up in a pan for breakfast when you're out in the woods camping.
  • wintersbeauty25
    Options
    Me! I still enjoy the evil that is fast food too! But I up my workouts afterwards to balance myself out. <3 my wii fit :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I haven't had it in quite awhile since my wife refuses to even try the stuff...but it was pretty much a staple in my family growing up. It's extra good fried up in a pan for breakfast when you're out in the woods camping.

Yes! That's actually the only time I eat spam: for breakfast while camping. Fried spam for breakfast when you just crawled out of a tent is glorious.

brofist.jpg
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (lifting days) I eat the following sandwich for lunch with a side of one or two of, yogurt, apple, carrots, grapes.

Sandwich:
    Sara Lee hardwood smoked turkey (from deli)
    Sara Lee Swiss cheese
    mayo
    dijon mustard
    dill pickle relish
    raw spinach leaves
    whole grain ciabatta roll
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

I catch my food with a middle palaeolithic spear, so none of it is processed

oh, wait... I cook it on the fire.... so it is.....

Processed Food.... dating at least back as far as the middle palaeolithic era.... :drinker:
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You can look great eating processed food. For me, avoiding it is more about avoiding cancer than it is about muscles/weight.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Here.

Defining the worth of food by its "processed" level is ludicrous. When I peel a carrot, isn't that now processed? How about cooking potatoes? I guess I should eat them raw? Yum!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

Anything on a bagel with cream cheese is pretty special.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Processed lunch meat? Me! I have Subway at least 5 days a week! (mostly because it's next to my store). Just call me Jared. Processed food, yes! What isn't?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    What does processed food have to do with weight loss and good results!?!?!

Cutting out processed foods is a #1 reccommendation to obtaining a great body from heavy lifting so I read.........
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options

Yes! That's actually the only time I eat spam: for breakfast while camping. Fried spam for breakfast when you just crawled out of a tent is glorious.

brofist.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR20julKEE0spi1h6MKROOknjOpddVmrqGWNK1w5i6kYuoTbXI2tw
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    timetostopposting.jpg

QFT
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Cutting out processed foods is a #1 reccommendation to obtaining a great body from heavy lifting so I read.........
    And if it's on the Internet......
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Lol, and I bet they also recommend heavily processed protein powders as well