Who Eats Processed And Still Gets Good Results

Options

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Me. Frozen dinners, pre packaged salads, lunch meat, ice cream bars, bread, coffee creamer, pudding, I eat it all.

Grok does not approve! :angry:

geico-caveman.jpg
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

geico-caveman.jpg

Wow! He looks fit and healthy. I'll bet he'll live to a hundred and twenty years old!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Any people out there who still eat processed sandwich meat and yet STILL enjoy the benefits of lifting heavy and seeing amazing results? Just curious. Thanks

You've been a member for almost a year, and you ask this?
    Did you just realize these forums exist?

I've only been here a couple of months, and recognize this as a troll post.

I'd like to believe that your conclusion is correct...

...oh how I wish it were true...

...but...

...I don't think it is.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    Me. Frozen dinners, pre packaged salads, lunch meat, ice cream bars, bread, coffee creamer, pudding, I eat it all.

. . . everything?
  • liftheavyeatwell
    Options
    Calorie deficit, hitting macros no matter the level of processing the source goes through, accurate logging and patience would be a much better use of your time than reading half the garbage that body builders write on the internet.

I feel like I'm repeating myself.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    What does processed food have to do with weight loss and good results!?!?!

Cutting out processed foods is a #1 reccommendation to obtaining a great body from heavy lifting so I read.........
    And if it's on the Internet......
    They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.
    h5E707D2F
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that state that you can lose weight eating processed meat, as long as you are at a caloric deficit. But with unprocessed meat readily available, why eat something that is processed?
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

. . . everything?

EVERYTHING!

...in moderate amounts, within my macros...
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Didn't read previous post but... cals in, cals out? ;p

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html - Twinkie diet
    ^_^

I eat processed foods but I wouldn't say I eat a grand amount of them. I think my journal is open, take a peek. Probably a bit more processed than I realized but meh. I just go for cals in/cals out and slow & steady :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    well, Jared did it, so......
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

geico-caveman.jpg

Wow! He looks fit and healthy. I'll bet he'll live to a hundred and twenty years old!

not if he crossfits... he'll likely die in a horrifying kettlebell accident long before then.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options

. . . everything?

EVERYTHING!

...in moderate amounts, within my macros...

Oh dear!

Doctor-Who-7.11-TCH-fainting-guy.gif
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that state that you can lose weight eating processed meat, as long as you are at a caloric deficit. But with unprocessed meat readily available, why eat something that is processed?
    d74e2.jpg
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    What does processed food have to do with weight loss and good results!?!?!

Cutting out processed foods is a #1 reccommendation to obtaining a great body from heavy lifting so I read.........

Lol, and I bet they also recommend heavily processed protein powders as well
    Nope, didn't see that one. Although a high quality protein powder is better than a cheap one....

I knew it. Elitism makes you thinner!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

It's readily available? Butchering is a process...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    4bed48de-1510-44c9-b34b-b19320b962a9_zpsfe4427e3.jpg

You know, spam is actually pretty good. Fry up a couple slices and put it on a bagel with cheese and you have something special.

I haven't had it in quite awhile since my wife refuses to even try the stuff...but it was pretty much a staple in my family growing up. It's extra good fried up in a pan for breakfast when you're out in the woods camping.

Yes! That's actually the only time I eat spam: for breakfast while camping. Fried spam for breakfast when you just crawled out of a tent is glorious.

brofist.jpg

tumblr_lnb6d9wHjt1qk37s6o1_500.gif
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Are we on, "there's no such thing as a processed food", or "processed foods can be eaten as part of a good diet"? It seems to vary -- if there's a clean eating thread, it's "all foods are processed/there's no difference between 'natural' and 'processed". If there's a pop tarts and ice cream celebration thread, it's all, "yay! processed foods are delicious!"

I'm not sure which position I should attribute to people.

The point is that determining the nutrient quality of a food based on how it is treated is ridiculous. The nutrient value of a food isn't magically transformed because it has been prepared. There might be some nutrient loss when heat is applied in cooking, but that is generally an insignificant amount. An apple still has the same nutrients off the tree as it does baked in an applie pie. It's just that baking it into a pie also means it has been paired with other things like carbs and sugar. And for some reason, people think carbs and sugar are evil, but they only become evil when they are eaten in excess.

TL; DR - Don't eat the whole damn pie!

To be fair to the clean eating people, I don't think they'd disagree with you. In my experience, they have less of an issue with preparing any given single ingredient and more so with the stuff that gets added in when you industrialize food preparation, make it shelf stable, etc. Whether they're right or wrong, that seems to be the crux of their issue moreso than anything else.

In general, I think it's disingenuous on some threads to play the "all food is processed" game, and on other threads point out all the processed foods you (in general) like -- and amusing when the same foods are discussed on both.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    well, Jared did it, so......

The "chicken" at Subway is actually the remains of multiple varieties of meat scraps, bleached white and pressed into an adorable chicken filet shaped spongy mass - but in their defense, I suppose "fresh" is a relative term, in the context of fast food!
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    4bed48de-1510-44c9-b34b-b19320b962a9_zpsfe4427e3.jpg

Humorously, on the list of "processed" foods, Spam actually isn't very high. Anyone ever read the ingredients? Remarkably simple.

And spam musubi is fantastic.