Who Eats Processed And Still Gets Good Results

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    What does processed food have to do with weight loss and good results!?!?!

Cutting out processed foods is a #1 reccommendation to obtaining a great body from heavy lifting so I read.........

tumblr_ls96gfyTiG1qa68j2o1_r1_500.gif

Be careful with all that junk food and processed food...you might end up with awesome results.

OP...your problem with all of this is that you aren't giving anything any time...you want some miracle transformation over night. The benefits of lifting come in the long term...you aren't going to achieve that "athletic" and "fitness" body overnight or in a matter of weeks or months. This takes dedication over months and years.

I got back into lifting about 9 months ago...i've made great strides and there are definitely some body composition changes going on...but I'm nowhere near what I'd ultimately like my body to be and look like. Good thing I still have another 60 + years (hopefully) to keep at it.
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    I started being active here in July of 2012. I was traveling for work at the time and eating fast food for 3 meals per day. I lost 45lbs in the first 3 months.

:noway: nicely done !
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    The older you get, the less forgiving the body is of processed foods. If you are under 35 years, you can probably not worry too much about processed stuff. However, your results will be better if you eat whole foods. It all depends on whether you want to see results quickly or if you'd rather have some leeway in your eating.
    I'm almost 45 and my results have been right on schedule, eating plenty of processed food and 'junk' food. I can't see any reason why eating whole would have sped it up any or given me better results. In fact, the only result that would've happened to me, is me quitting entirely from feeling deprived.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i eat what ever i want . as long as i dont go over my allotted calories... im good!
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Its all about calories in vs calories out caloric defecate

Surely you meant deficit... Although what you are suggesting to do with the calories would probably work as well!!!! :laugh: :drinker:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    oh my friggin god.
    soylent green is NOT people.
    Stupid movie.
    soylent green is a catch phrase!

Soylent from the Harry Harrison book Make Room! Make Room! is simply SOY and LENTIL hence the name SOYLENT.
    make_room_make_room.large.jpg

stupid movie felt like the message with regards to overpopulation wasn't clear enough what with the euthanasia centers and tiny apartments and scarcity of all resources so they had to make it absurd and about cannibalism which is CRAZY!
    I-AM-IN-A-RAGE_DARREN.gif
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    canned-chicken.jpg

I eat one of these for every meal!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yep, eat, exercise, poop. :laugh:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Meat is best slow roasted or poached (cooked in liquid) instead of grilling. Grilled meat is carcinogenic.

I don't get it. How is grilling meat more carcinogenic than slow roasting it in a gas oven?
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

calorie defecate

poop_thumb.jpg
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    well, Jared did it, so......

The "chicken" at Subway is actually the remains of multiple varieties of meat scraps, bleached white and pressed into an adorable chicken filet shaped spongy mass - but in their defense, I suppose "fresh" is a relative term, in the context of fast food!

Think I'm gonna cry! Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa! but I luv that spongy mass! =(
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Surely you meant deficit... Although what you are suggesting to do with the calories would probably work as well!!!! :laugh: :drinker:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Meat is best slow roasted or poached (cooked in liquid) instead of grilling. Grilled meat is carcinogenic.

I don't get it. How is grilling meat more carcinogenic than slow roasting it in a gas oven?

I didn't quite follow that part, either.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    oh my friggin god.
    Stupid movie.

Soylent from the Harry Harrison book Make Room! Make Room! is simply SOY and LENTIL hence the name SOYLENT.

stupid movie felt like the message with regards to overpopulation wasn't clear enough what with the euthanasia centers and tiny apartments and scarcity of all resources so they had to make it absurd and about cannibalism which is CRAZY!

tl;dr version?
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't eat processed meats because of the chemicals. There are healthy versions of all meat out there--what is wrong with choosing healthy instead of unhealthy?? It is one of the reasons why you are here.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    oh my friggin god.
    Stupid movie.

tl;dr version?

tl;dr is hollywood ****ed up a book in their movie adaptation. still thought the movie was better.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

I believe because the charred bits are carcinogenic. It was the only true part of what she posted.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options

:laugh: haha!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I don't eat processed meats because of the chemicals. There are healthy versions of all meat out there--what is wrong with choosing healthy instead of unhealthy?? It is one of the reasons why you are here.

Exactly! Just because you can eat something processed and still lose weight / hit your macros, why do you actually want to when better alternatives exist? Fresh natural / organic meat tastes, looks, and smells so much better than any of that processed crap!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options

Exactly! Just because you can eat something processed and still lose weight / hit your macros, why do you actually want to when better alternatives exist? Fresh natural / organic meat tastes, looks, and smells so much better than any of that processed crap!
    Again,
    d74e2.jpg