Who Eats Processed And Still Gets Good Results

Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    What does processed food have to do with weight loss and good results!?!?!

Cutting out processed foods is a #1 reccommendation to obtaining a great body from heavy lifting so I read.........

And I always thought lifting heavy weights and putting them down again was the #1 key to getting a great body from lifting??? Who knew all I had tzo do was not eat sandwich meat?

Lol, i meant cutting out processed meats was one of the recommendations. lol

Yeah - I'm just kidding with you ;-)

So where exactly did you read these recommendations? What specifically was the science given as to why processed meat was detrimental to lifting gains? Because, really, it is rubbish. Eat to your calories and macros. Anything else is gravy.

Dont remember where i read it online. some website. I was searching how to lose weight with T1 and Hypothyroid.

Stop reading this stuff. It isn't helping you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Sandwich meats are usually high in sodium, but you can offset that with some potassium or eating fresh vegetables at another meal.
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I just eat soylent green. High in protein and really helps build muscle.

Processed lunch meat is horrible for you.

Being 50lbs overweight is worse. Helps me w my protein too!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Barbara you're my hero. You aren't afraid to ask these questions regardless of how all the forum meanies will react to you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Are we on, "there's no such thing as a processed food", or "processed foods can be eaten as part of a good diet"? It seems to vary -- if there's a clean eating thread, it's "all foods are processed/there's no difference between 'natural' and 'processed". If there's a pop tarts and ice cream celebration thread, it's all, "yay! processed foods are delicious!"

I'm not sure which position I should attribute to people.

The point is that determining the nutrient quality of a food based on how it is treated is ridiculous. The nutrient value of a food isn't magically transformed because it has been prepared. There might be some nutrient loss when heat is applied in cooking, but that is generally an insignificant amount. An apple still has the same nutrients off the tree as it does baked in an applie pie. It's just that baking it into a pie also means it has been paired with other things like carbs and sugar. And for some reason, people think carbs and sugar are evil, but they only become evil when they are eaten in excess.

TL; DR - Don't eat the whole damn pie!
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    May be a sodium thing? I don't see how it would affect lifting, though.

If you are talking about strictly scale/weight loss, I can attest to changing up my diet with fewer processed foods (no more breads, protein bars, diet soda, nuggets, etc.) and I have lost 6 lbs in about a month. I focus on adding more green leafy veggies, lots of fruit, and freshly cooked meats and it works for ME.

To each their own.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Being 50lbs overweight is worse. Helps me w my protein too!

but soylent green is people
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Are we on, "there's no such thing as a processed food", or "processed foods can be eaten as part of a good diet"? It seems to vary -- if there's a clean eating thread, it's "all foods are processed/there's no difference between 'natural' and 'processed". If there's a pop tarts and ice cream celebration thread, it's all, "yay! processed foods are delicious!"

I'm not sure which position I should attribute to people.
    Hmmm, this time, I think: D) All of the above? :laugh:
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    May be a sodium thing? I don't see how it would affect lifting, though.

If you are talking about strictly scale/weight loss, I can attest to changing up my diet with fewer processed foods (no more breads, protein bars, diet soda, lunch meat, nuggets, etc.) and I have lost 6 lbs in about a month. I focus on adding more green leafy veggies, lots of fruit, and freshly cooked meats and it works for ME.

To each their own.

ETA "lunch meat" to stay on topic :)
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Any people out there who still eat processed sandwich meat and yet STILL enjoy the benefits of lifting heavy and seeing amazing results? Just curious. Thanks

You've been a member for almost a year, and you ask this?
    Did you just realize these forums exist?

I've only been here a couple of months, and recognize this as a troll post.
  • tleach731
    Options
    I still eat some processed foods and I've lost 93lbs. It's all about portion control in my opinion. People say processed foods are bad for you but as long as you have some balance in your diet you'll be fine.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Truth? Everything I eat is made of cauliflower. EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!
    :angry:

Don't be a hater!
  • LydiaShackelford
    LydiaShackelford Posts: 93 Member
    Options

LOLZ
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Me. Frozen dinners, pre packaged salads, lunch meat, ice cream bars, bread, coffee creamer, pudding, I eat it all.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Me. Frozen dinners, pre packaged salads, lunch meat, ice cream bars, bread, coffee creamer, pudding, I eat it all.

this is me
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I just rip out my garden lettuce straight from the ground and start chewing on it. Live paleo! Ug, me man!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I just rip out my garden lettuce straight from the ground and start chewing on it. Live paleo! Ug, me man!

LMAO!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Me.