Who Eats Processed And Still Gets Good Results

Options

Replies

• evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Only on my cheat meal!!! ;) Everyone else... Jealous!

lol!
    me too!
    Onyl cheat days otherwise I get crappy results
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    What does processed food have to do with weight loss and good results!?!?!

Cutting out processed foods is a #1 reccommendation to obtaining a great body from heavy lifting so I read.........

Lol, and I bet they also recommend heavily processed protein powders as well
    Nope, didn't see that one. Although a high quality protein powder is better than a cheap one....
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

Cutting out processed foods is a #1 reccommendation to obtaining a great body from heavy lifting so I read.........

And I always thought lifting heavy weights and putting them down again was the #1 key to getting a great body from lifting??? Who knew all I had to do was not eat sandwich meat?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,975 Member
    Options

Nope, didn't see that one. Although a high quality protein powder is better than a cheap one....
    Buy a higher quality processed luncheon meat then...........problem solved.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

And they're all heavily processed.
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do every single day! The key for me is watching the calorie intake
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options

And I always thought lifting heavy weights and putting them down again was the #1 key to getting a great body from lifting??? Who knew all I had to do was not eat sandwich meat?

Lol, i meant cutting out processed meats was one of the recommendations. lol
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    OMG I glanced at the title and my brained processed it totally different. My mind is in the gutter.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

What book are you reading that said that?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Eat it, just watch the sodium and make sure it doesn't put u over ur daily cals. Thank you. I guess some people just choose not to eat cuz their either a vegetarian or they just don't think it's healthy for them personally. I love processed meats and like to go to Subway too! I just thought that it may slow my progress somehow because it does say everywhere especially for fitness models/body builders to steer clear of that stuff.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Here.

Defining the worth of food by its "processed" level is ludicrous. When I peel a carrot, isn't that now processed? How about cooking potatoes? I guess I should eat them raw? Yum!

Use context! The OP mentioned lunch meat, which is a perfect example of what most people mean by "processed." I understand that the use of phrases like "clean eating" can be ridiculous, but you don't have to be quite so nitpicky. :)
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    OMG I glanced at the title and my brained processed it totally different. My mind is in the gutter.

I totatally dont get how that would happen, lol
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    4bed48de-1510-44c9-b34b-b19320b962a9_zpsfe4427e3.jpg

You know, spam is actually pretty good. Fry up a couple slices and put it on a bagel with cheese and you have something special.

it's a dietary staple in many parts of the south pacific as a result of post war U.S. aid.

QFT^^^^ confirmed by a Pacific Islander:drinker:
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

Yeah - I'm just kidding with you ;-)

So where exactly did you read these recommendations? What specifically was the science given as to why processed meat was detrimental to lifting gains? Because, really, it is rubbish. Eat to your calories and macros. Anything else is gravy.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want. Portion control. /end

^^^This^^^

I have added more fresh items into my meals/snacks, but yes, I eat processed foods nearly every day.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Ain't nobody got time fo dat
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options

So where exactly did you read these recommendations? What specifically was the science given as to why processed meat was detrimental to lifting gains? Because, really, it is rubbish. Eat to your calories and macros. Anything else is gravy.

Dont remember where i read it online. some website. I was searching how to lose weight with T1 and Hypothyroid.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

So once I eat to my calories and macros, I can only have gravy!?! Awesome, thanks =P
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    4bed48de-1510-44c9-b34b-b19320b962a9_zpsfe4427e3.jpg

You know, spam is actually pretty good. Fry up a couple slices and put it on a bagel with cheese and you have something special.

I haven't had it in quite awhile since my wife refuses to even try the stuff...but it was pretty much a staple in my family growing up. It's extra good fried up in a pan for breakfast when you're out in the woods camping.
    Add it to scrambled eggs and we have something.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Are we on, "there's no such thing as a processed food", or "processed foods can be eaten as part of a good diet"? It seems to vary -- if there's a clean eating thread, it's "all foods are processed/there's no difference between 'natural' and 'processed". If there's a pop tarts and ice cream celebration thread, it's all, "yay! processed foods are delicious!"

I'm not sure which position I should attribute to people.