Who Eats Processed And Still Gets Good Results

Options

Replies

• BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    also heard we should limit fruits to produce better fitness results.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I just eat soylent green. High in protein and really helps build muscle.

Processed lunch meat is horrible for you.
    I'll eat any meat I can get my lips around.

I love you people. You keep me from saying the first thing that pops to mind because I get distracted with laughter. :flowerforyou:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    well, Jared did it, so......

The "chicken" at Subway is actually the remains of multiple varieties of meat scraps, bleached white and pressed into an adorable chicken filet shaped spongy mass - but in their defense, I suppose "fresh" is a relative term, in the context of fast food!

stop food shaming my favorite subway sandwich :angry:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    What does processed food have to do with weight loss and good results!?!?!

Cutting out processed foods is a #1 reccommendation to obtaining a great body from heavy lifting so I read.........
    And if it's on the Internet......

Bonjour!!!!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want. Just change the portion sizes from before and weigh everything so I can get an accurate calorie tally. I eat a combination of processed foods and "clean foods". It's called what I can do for the rest of my life. It may have made my weight loss slower, but I'm happy that I've reached my goal weight in less than 2 years.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    oh sure,,,
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I hear a lot of things too.

The (apparent) difference is, I know that most of what I hear should be completely ignored...

...and the rest, I test against what is known to be true.

Discernment is a remarkably valuable skill to have in this pursuit. I suggest that you practice it to better hone your ability to wield it.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that state that you can lose weight eating processed meat, as long as you are at a caloric deficit. But with unprocessed meat readily available, why eat something that is processed?

It's readily available? Butchering is a process...

Chopping up veges is also a process, does that mean they are processed veges? :noway: Processed meat is preserved by smoking, curing or salting, or addition of chemical preservatives.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    The older you get, the less forgiving the body is of processed foods. If you are under 35 years, you can probably not worry too much about processed stuff. However, your results will be better if you eat whole foods. It all depends on whether you want to see results quickly or if you'd rather have some leeway in your eating.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Barbara you're my hero. You aren't afraid to ask these questions regardless of how all the forum meanies will react to you.

n14g39.gif
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

Well, soylent green probably does have the perfect balance of macros and micros.

Unless it's from unhealthy stock.

Still … Soylent Green!!
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want, just watch sodium intake, and allow for it in cal intake....
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Well, soylent green probably does have the perfect balance of macros and micros.

Unless it's from unhealthy stock.

Still … Soylent Green!!

See, that's why I'm always promoting heavy lifting. I don't want skinny-fat soylent green. I need balanced macros people!
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I ate a PROCESSED, HIGH SODIUM, HORMEL WITH ADDED SUGAR HONEY ham sandwich WITH PROCESSED SARA LEE BREAD everyday for three months and lost 20 lbs.

edited to add adjectives and make it scary

youre my hero
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I hear a lot of things too.

The (apparent) difference is, I know that most of what I hear should be completely ignored...

...and the rest, I test against what is known to be true.

Discernment is a remarkably valuable skill to have in this pursuit. I suggest that you practice it to better hone your ability to wield it.

data.gif

omg-youre-so-smart.jpg
  • ANDRE_DOE
    ANDRE_DOE Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Its all about calories in vs calories out caloric defecate
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Humorously, on the list of "processed" foods, Spam actually isn't very high. Anyone ever read the ingredients? Remarkably simple.

And spam musubi is fantastic.

Spam Musubi is downright delicious. I also love Spam Loco Moco. Thank you Hawaiian folk for making Spam even more awesome.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    The older you get, the less forgiving the body is of processed foods. If you are under 35 years, you can probably not worry too much about processed stuff. However, your results will be better if you eat whole foods. It all depends on whether you want to see results quickly or if you'd rather have some leeway in your eating.

Nope.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options

The point is that determining the nutrient quality of a food based on how it is treated is ridiculous. The nutrient value of a food isn't magically transformed because it has been prepared.

Actually, yes it is. Removing the bran and germ from grains, also removes most of the vitamins and all of the fiber. Eating some foods raw, diminishes the amount of vitamins available to the body (carrots) whereas if the foods had been cooked, the bioavailability of those vitamins is much improved. Other foods lose their nutrients during cooking.

Meat is best slow roasted or poached (cooked in liquid) instead of grilling. Grilled meat is carcinogenic.

Also, Fugu. Preparation of foods makes a huge difference in how the body utilizes it.