Ummmmm is this E harmony (fitness)?

Options

Replies

• webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Any website that has "social" features will end up with people using those features to:

- flirt
    - flame
    - brag
    - sell something
    - show off body parts

If approached in a way you don't want, ignore it and focus on why you're here.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    What in the world? People use this to find dates? Heck.....I'm trying to lose weight with support....not find someone to stress me the hell out and trigger my emotional eating.... Geez! Get your priorities right. Wow!

why is what other people do any of your business?

seriously.

if people want to flirt on here and feel better about themselves, who are you to complain about that? a lot of people have low self-esteem from being overweight and as they start losing that weight, they start feeling better about themselves and they reach out to others by flirting. it's human nature.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    How YOU doin?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    The thing you must remember is that MFP has a wide band of users so you are going to come across all types of people. Just like anywhere, you will see flirting and people trying to hook up.

Lighten up!! This is just a website!!!

Focus on your weight loss goals!!!
    Why don't you focus on yours?
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    2is2gw.gif
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Awesome gorilla. Is he single?

Cracked me up!
  • wendy0210
    wendy0210 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    They say people who use MFP are 3 times more likely to find a relationship. Lol.

Now that was funny! LOL
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    What in the world? People use this to find dates? Heck.....I'm trying to lose weight with support....not find someone to stress me the hell out and trigger my emotional eating.... Geez! Get your priorities right. Wow!

People want to lose weight so they can be more attractive to appeal to a partner and get laid. Coming here to both track and get laid is streamlined efficiency. Makes perfect sense to me.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have had people flirt and I'm sure I come off as a flirt but find nothing wrong with it. Someone sees my chubby *kitten* on here and reads my diary and still wants to flirt? Why not. What is this rehab?

Must admit that even though I'm happily married I would take it a compliment if someone flirted with me on here - means all the hard work has paid off.
  • RunningSwede
    RunningSwede Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    pick your friends wisely.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    How YOU doin?

tumblr_m08ov4eSza1rofn1xo1_500_zpseb44f79f.gif
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    People fall in love everywhere, MFP is no exception.
    I wish i could meet someone from here :((
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So you're stressing out because other people might find someone here to date and somehow that means you are going to get stressed out because, against your will, you're going to date someone here?

You might be less stressed and therefore not eat emotionally, if you stop concerning yourself with things that have nothing to do with you.

Just a thought.
  • Msdnice
    Options
    I guess many thought I was losing sleep over this being Eharmonyfitness (for some)and I am not...especially not being on this thing a full 24 HOURS......I just commented ANDDDDDDDD went on about my day. I think those who responded more in detail than my two line question need to self reflect and chill. I am doing me and in doing that I noticed this was also EHARMONYFITNESS....hey do you on finding love and fitness.....I will never meet you. But excuse the ONE PERCENTERS (myself) who separates to two agendas and within 15 HOURS shockingly observed others didn't. I am not ignorant of the impact of social media and dating....I was just shocked by what "I" saw......and spoke on it.....and will continue to in the future if I desire.....so you guys have a productive day.....Don't let my observational post ruin it....for it seems like for a few....it's sounding like it.....LOL.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Work, people ( their negativity) and hormones (refuse to get on medications)
    So ... life.

Seriously, calm down. It isn't that serious.
  • Msdnice
    Options
    Ok.....andddddddd you attack a faceless poster? Moving on......girl please. Next......like you know me
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Also people should mind there own business
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Your thought is correct in it's own right. But if two people with similar interests meet here, and fall in love I think that's awesome. If people are using this to find like minded individuals who share their zest and love for fitness, I don't see anything so very wrong with it. I just wish people would keep it decent or get a room :laugh: .

Anyway, makes no difference to me. I've been happily married to my hubby since 2004 :drinker:
  • Msdnice
    Options
    It's THEIR business....I couldn't mind mine on that one......sorry!
This discussion has been closed.