How did you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine met him at a bar and said we would get along because we both really love Jack Daniels.. he added me on facebook and we hung out a few days later at a bar with a big group of my friends, not as a date or anything.. just to hang out. I was fresh out of a long relationship and didn't want anything to do with another one. I pretty much ignored him at first, he became friends with my friends and we all hung out for about a month until I realized he actually did like me more than just someone to drink with (and by realized, I mean he had to spell it out for me because im oblivious).. so we decided to go to the movies without all of our friends and see how it went, then we ended up going to a bunch of concerts together because I didnt have many friends that listen to the same music as I do. We've now been together for 4 years and I'm not even sure when we actually became a technical couple. Now I couldn't imagine being with anyone else :heart:
  • Naomi81378
    Naomi81378 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    right here on MFP!

I love you baby! Meeting you was the best day of my life. You have me the happiest that I have ever been.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Through a print personal ad, which I placed:

Computer geek/Trekkie looking for a man who is not afraid of the "M" word.

We've been married 16 yrs. through thick and thin.
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    53 years ago in church
  • mrdk92
    mrdk92 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Freshman orientation when we got to college. I needed help moving my furniture and he lived down the hall. I promised him cookies and the rest is history :P
  • FrozenUSA
    Options
    I met my significant other through my now ex-best friend. She had met him almost 2 months earlier through a mutual friend of his and hers the day before she and I were going to spend the weekend at the beach. Needless to say she didn't talk about anything or anyone else that whole weekend but him. She knew she wanted to make a move on him but was unsure how to do it. About 2-3 weeks later he invited her along with about 2-3 other friends out to celebrate his birthday. She tried to flirt with him but he wasn't responding. She and I had a long talk about it and she said the next time she was alone with him she would make a formal move. Turned out the next time he wanted to hang out with her was when she and I were planning to go to the movies so she invited him along. He too had his best friend at the time with him so my friend told him that his friend could be set up with me. She made a move that night and they started dating for a little bit. The following weekend his best friend made a move on me and we started dating, but after 2-3 weeks he moved to Florida and I haven't seen or spoken to him since. My guy and I started to get closer right after his friend moved and I invited him over to my house one day when my parents were gone and he made a move on me.cfrom that day and for the next 5 months we were sneaking around behind my ex-best friend's back. He even tried to break up with her at least twice and she wouldn't let him. About almost a month before we came clean about our relationship to everyone she was still telling everybody she and him were still together. By that time most people knew he had moved on and were probably suspicious it was with me but didn't say anything until we decided to. The last time I had any serious conversation with my ex-best friend was when she called me almost a month after we went public with our relationship and called me out on being with him when she was with him. We had a huge fight and except for a couple of awkward run ins we haven't seen or spoken to each other for at least 11 years. I am still with my significant other after all of that and through social media I can tell that, even though she currently has a boyfriend, she believes my significant other is the one who got away.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    spanking lessons.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Quest Personals phone dating line :) We have been together nine years and married 5 1/2 years. Who would have thought you could find true love over the phone??
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Through a mutual friend. I'd known the mutual friend for about 7 years. Met the current boyfriend the very night that I broke up with my X. We became instant BFFs, literally hung out nearly every day for about two months with ZERO flirting. Went on a camping trip over the 4th of July, hooked up, and have been dating ever since. Haven't spent one night apart since the first time we hooked up, lol. AWWWWE SO CUTE!!
  • laurenvan143
    Options
    Through his bother ( friend/coworker)...at a strip club...who knew 11 years later and two amazing boys and couldn't be happier
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I met mine off an Anime forum, I guess we wanted to be geeks together. :laugh: We been together about 8 years running, now. :happy:
  • Buckeyegirlbritt
    Options
    I met my husband through the internet. 7 years of marriage + 3 years of dating + "soon to be'" 3 kids = 10 years of happiness
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    On POF amazingly. I was on there for a bit and wow what a bunch of losers! lol Was pretty close to cancelling the account when I saw his profile and thought what the heck lets see what he's like. Well 3 years later here we are together. :)
  • SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    At the gym! Oddly enough, before I became fat (or before I hooked up with him), I used to be a gym rat!
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I met my DH the organic way-- at a sports bar.
  • Rkthach
    Rkthach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Through OKCupid, the free online dating site. Met in August 2012. He proposed May 2013. We're getting married May 2014!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Even though this is an old thread I will respond.

I met the bf coming up on 4 years ago at a crappy bar in a small town during their annual Halloween party. After the first couple of fights broke out my roommate and I became separated and I spotted this handsome fella I had seen there once before sitting at the bar alone. Having been getting my fill of liquid courage I meandered up to him and took a seat and introduced myself. We hit it off well enough. There were a few interruptions but it was nice just sitting and talking to him. At the end of the night we went back to a place that had a giant ball pit and slides where they used to do kid's birthday parties. It had been closed for a while and was attached to a Mexican Restaurant where some old friends of mine new the owner who was liberally giving away shots of Cabo Wabo while we were all running around like crazy people. That night was so much fun and one I will never forget.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    craigslist.

NSA my *kitten*.
  • Becca0301
    Becca0301 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I met him back in 95.He was a friend to a guy I got engaged to. After he got home from the military I dumped my fiance and married him. We've been married for 14 years. :smile:
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    My ex thought it was funny and he had him
    call me ..the ex had it backfire!!