What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• I used to eat no breakfast, or have just coffee and something horrible like a muffin. I haven't eaten eggs in 5 years but am going to get some local chicken eggs and have one egg and my plain oatmeal for mornings cause both are really good for metabolism no matter what time of day. Caffeine is also really good for metabolism. A slow metabolism makes it almost impossible to lose weight. Pesticides can slow metabolism, as can sugar, fatty foods, and refined carbohydrates like pasta and white bread.
    Breakfast today, 1/2cup Oatmeal, 1/2cup frozen blueberries, and a tiny square of dark chocolate in it, all totaling 221cal.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I had two eggs, 1 slice of bacon, 1 turkey sausage link, 1 slice of whole wheat toast, and 1 tbsp natural peanut butter :-)
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I had a cup of tea. I was too busy to have anything else but normally I have either a couple eggs or a couple of pieces of bacon.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    COFFEECOFFEECOFFEE
  • Nicole77sweet
    Nicole77sweet Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    2 turkey burgers w/o bread
    2 pieces of turkey bacon
    Spinach
    Cinnamon tea with stevia
  • ferkle9
    Options
    1slice whole wheat toast
    1TBS peanut butter
    Coffee with some skim milk
  • walkerkt00
    walkerkt00 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I will usually do my avocado egg sandwich: a sunny side egg with a slice of back bacon on toast with avocado mushed with red pepper flakes. Keeps me full for quite a bit. Or I do quinoa as an oatmeal. When I make it I put some cinnamon and vanilla extract into the water so the quinoa absorbs the flavor. Then I serve with the fruit that I have, usually blueberries. Also I generally include a green smoothie with my breakfast- a mix of flax seed oil, 0% greek yogurt, almond milk, kale or other greens, whey protein and frozen berries.

It took me awhile to adjust to eating breakfast but it has made an impact on my energy and keeps me from getting too hungry by mid day.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    ❤ homemade organic vegan hot matcha latte- (sweetened with organic raw coconut nectar)

❤ homemade organic vegan buttermilk biscuit- (with homemade organic blueberry chia jam)
  • goalaska
    Options
    ❤ homemade organic vegan hot matcha latte- (sweetened with organic raw coconut nectar)

❤ homemade organic vegan buttermilk biscuit- (with homemade organic blueberry chia jam)

Any chance you could share your biscuit recipe pls? :)
  • WannaBeAslimGuy
    Options
    16 Oz Cookie and cream protein shake made with almond milk and a cup of coffee
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    today -

3 large banana nut pancakes, with pecan syrup and 3 pats butter, powdered sugar, bowl of whip cream to dip it, 3 sausage links, hash brown potatos, 2 cups milk, 1 coffee with 3 creamers.

IN MY DREAMS!! ;)
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup brown rice
    1 tea coconut oil
    1 banana
  • bostonj1
    Options
    I ate oatmeal porridge with 1/2 banana, 1/4 raw apple and 20g raisins and 1/4 cup 2% milk. I also had 2 mugs coffee with 2% milk, 1 egg with 1/8 tsp butter and 1 med sized home grown heritage tomato with a sprinkle of salt and 2 tbsp plain Kefir. On a 600-700 calorie breakfast with an overall daily caloric intake of 1300, in the past month I have lost 5.5 lbs and I still occasionally drank a glass of red wine, ate ice cream, and chocolate and ate in restaurants. It's the big big breakfast that is the key, as it curbs appetite for the rest of the day. Try it! It works! :happy: (ok, I have been trying to get more exercise, so walking more too! but that's it!)
  • spinachrocks
    Options
    Hi Marcy, You probably don't even remember posting your breakfast:
    2/3 c Plain Greek Yogurt, 1 packet Splenda, 1/3 c canned pumpkins, ½ scoop vanilla protein, cinnamon
    186 Calories
    1 g Fat
    15 g Carbs
    5 g Fiber
    26 g Protein
    98 mg Sodium
    I just wanted to tell you it sounds delicious and I am going to try it, soon.
    I just signed up for Fitness Pal so thus the time delay ; - )
    What I appreciated the 'most' was you included the nutrition breakdown. Thank You!
    I hope this finds you happy, healthy and fit! :flowerforyou:
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    usually oatmeal, cold cereal, or eggs on toast.
    this is if i wake up early enough.
  • slw87
    slw87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Today was peanut butter on toast, I normally have cereal though :)
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    after working out and a 16 hour fast I had 8 pieces of thick cut bacon and 3 scrambled eggs made in the bacon grease

Bacon!!!
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I woke up way early (5am) and so ate lighter than usual.
    -1/2 grapefruit
    - 1 egg
    - coffee with heavy cream.
  • knitgirltiah
    Options
    Kashi cereals. There isn't one I don't like. My junk food loving husband even likes it.
  • Teachinjen
    Teachinjen Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Same thing every morning......

100 calorie toasted wheat sandwich thin with 1/2 tablespoon of homemade cilantro hummus spread on each side. On top of that I put a slice or two of sliced deli ham. I also make a large pan of no crust caramelized onion, spinach egg bake every Sunday for the week. I cut that into 6 slices for the week. These two together keep me full until lunch.