Twenty Somethings Week 1

Options
kistinbee
kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
Thought I'd start the thread for this morning. How about we all post our weight this morning and then add our meals and exercise throughout the day. We can continue to do this throughout the week, and then next Tuesday start a "Twenty Somethings Week 2" Thread. Sound good? I'll check back in a bit with my weight and what-not, just wanted to get this going!

Have fun! And good luck!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kistinbee
    Options
    Thought I'd start the thread for this morning. How about we all post our weight this morning and then add our meals and exercise throughout the day. We can continue to do this throughout the week, and then next Tuesday start a "Twenty Somethings Week 2" Thread. Sound good? I'll check back in a bit with my weight and what-not, just wanted to get this going!

Have fun! And good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    morning 20#ders....
    i weighed 236.6 this morning. had 2 eggs w/lite toast, 1 cup milk and am getting ready to get on the wii fit for at least 30mins. maybe longer.
    drive later....chipper
  • Saluna
    Saluna Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ok here we go;
    weight: 169 lbs. 4 miles brisk walk with my dogs,
    then breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 5 crackerbreads ( 19 cals each) tiny bit of butter (2g)
    I have lost 1/2 inch overall
    Yay me :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    xx
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Alright I'm in!
    Weight this morning 145
    So far only had two cups of coffee with splenda and low fat french vanilla creamer for breakfast But have my meals planned out for the day,

1 egg white with mozz. cheese
    1 glass skim milk
    1 cup green grapes

lunch....TBA ( lol!!) Not sure what I will have just yet!

Dinner- Perdue Boneless Skinless Chicken grilled with an italian dressing marinade
    grilled zucchini and summer squash with 1 tbsp extra virgine olive oil

snack- one serving Rold Gold 100 cal Pretzels
    Watermelon

exercise...as of right now running after a 10 yr old, 6 yr old and 11 month old.. but hoping to get on the treadmill tonight for 45 minutes
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options

exercise...as of right now running after a 10 yr old, 6 yr old and 11 month old.. but hoping to get on the treadmill tonight for 45 minutes

That counts as running more than 10 mph I believe:wink:
  • LML79
    Options

That counts as running more than 10 mph I believe:wink:

I'm starting to think so hahahaaa!!!!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    192.5 :indifferent: SOOO my plateau just sucks..lol I haven't eaten yet today...16 oz of water and 6 oz plain tea. I'll be having a smoothie for breakfast in a bit! :) Have a great day all! :heart:
  • LML79
    Options
    192.5 :indifferent: SOOO my plateau just sucks..lol I haven't eaten yet today...16 oz of water and 6 oz plain tea. I'll be having a smoothie for breakfast in a bit! :) Have a great day all! :heart:
    yeah I've hit my plateau as well......for a full month now! Stinks doesn't it!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    238.8 this morning! :smile:
    For breakfast just a large bottle of water with a south beach protein water mix in it..30 calories!
    For lunch, probly nothing (the phentermine curbs my appetite until around 5-6pm)
    For dinner, not sure yet!
    I will probably walk for 30 minutes in the park and do my exercise ball for 30 min!! Check in with you guys later tonight!!

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    ok
    141 lbs only 16(to be happy) or 21(to be unbelivable) more to go
    breakfast: 3 cups of coffee 90 cal
    benefit yogury 70cal
    peach 70cal

lunch: cucumber and tomato salad w/ lite italian
    fiber one bar yummy!!!

3:30pm snack 1 nectarine 65 cal
    ice tea 0

dinner ?????? no clue today

snack skinny cow mint sandwhich whooo hooo

lots of iced green tea 0 cals
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I want to join the 20 somethingers!

I can't weigh myself this morning, waaaay too bloated. But my last weigh-in put me at 179lbs, which means I have just 29lbs left to lose.
    I havn't eaten yet today but my plan for breakfast is:

1 strawberry yogurt- 35 cals
    1 bowl instant low-sugar oatmeal- 120cals
    water

and lunch:

I lean cuisine- chicken and vegetables- 270cals
    1 lemon yogurt- 35cals

I don't have an excercise plan for today, but hopefully a nice loooooooong and brisk walk will be in my near future.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Well I weighed in this morning. It was not pretty. I did not have a great weekend...a binge you might say. So the scale says I am up two pounds from last week. Honestly, I figured it would be more, but up at all was a bit disappointing no matter what I was expecting.

So here is to week one. I feel renewed and ready to conquer this 20 pound challenge.

Week one - I weigh in at 162

Breakfast - A BIG (double helping) my strawberry banana smoothie (110 calories x 2) =220
    Lunch - I am having a tomato sandwhich and some canteloupe
    Dinner - zucchini casserole
    Snacks - fruit
    Ritz crackers with cheddar cheese
  • kistinbee
    Options
    So, weighed in this morning and have lost another pound Yay! So, here's the stats:

Week 1: 171.5
    Goal (by week 13): 151.5

I also plan my meals for the day, and then the only thing I add (based on exercise and how hungry I am, is the PM snacks. So, I'll post everything for the day except the PM snacks and add those later. I do drink plenty of water, usually more than the recommended. I won't post it b/c I drink it throughout the day.

Monday:
    Breakfast--1 Lenders Blueberry Bagel with 2 tbsp Fat Free Strawberry Cream Cheese, 8 oz. Diet Cranberry-Grape Juice, 1 multivitamin

AM snack--1 Kashi tlc Soft baked Blackberry Graham bar, 2 c. coffee with 2 tbsp Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel Creamer

Lunch--Tuna Salad Sandwich: 2 sl. 40 cal wheat bread, 1 single can tuna in water with 1 tbsp Light Hellmans Mayo and 1 tbsp relish and 1 sl. Free American cheese. 14 baby carrots, 6 oz. AE Yo Lite Yogurt, and a diet coke.

Afternoon snack--1 medium apple, 100 cal. almond pack, Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar

Dinner--Skillet Lemon Chicken with Asparagus (The recipe I'm sharing below) and 1 baked Red Potato with I Can't Believe it's not butter Spray

Exercise plan: 45 minute Step class, 15 minute Ab workout

Again, I'll post later confirming my workout and evening snacks.

Skillet Lemon Chicken with Asparagus
    Serves:4

1 bunch asparagus (about 1 lb)
    1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
    1 tbsp vegetable oil
    1 onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 tsp dried thyme
    1 c. sodium reduced chicken stock
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    1 tbsp cornstarch
    1 tsp grated lemon rind

Cut asparagus diagonally into 1 inch lengths, set aside. Cut chicken into 1-1/2 inch cubes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat half the oil over medium-high heat and brown chicken about 6 minutes. Transfer to plate. Add remaining oil to pan, fry onion, garlic, and thyme, stirring occassionally until onions are softened about 3 minutes. Return chicken and add asparagus and chicken stock. Cover and simmer until asparagus is tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Meanwhile, wisk together lemon juice, cornstarch, and lemon rind. Add to pan and cook, stirring until thickened, about 1 minute.

Per serving:
    Cal-202
    Pro-29
    Total Fat-6
    Sat-1
    Carb-9
    Fiber-2
    Chol-66
    Sodium-367
    Calcium-3
    Iron-9
    Vit A-5
    Vit C-27

Enjoy!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow 20-somethings!

Well, I'm really not sure I quite believe it, but I stepped on the scale a couple of times this morning and it kept coming up as 201.0 lbs!!! Man I hope that's real!!!

I'm on the west coast so I'm just up and haven't made bkfst yet but I suspect this is our menu for the day:

bf: 1 packet organic low sodium oat meal w/ 1 tbsp natural peanut butter and 1 sliced banana

snack: fresh bing cherries & 2 slices skim milk cheese

lunch: (we usually snack through the day rather than having a dedicated lunch) carrots & red pepper hummus, more cherries (they're abundant right now), some almonds...

post-work out snack: chocolate whey protein shake

supper: casserole (ground turkey, onions, garlic, red pepper, tiny bit of rice noodle, tomato sauce, baked in the oven with a little skim cheese on top)

Depending on cals I may have a healthy choice chocolate pudding too. I tend to have a lot of cals left over. Today I'm hoping to bike with my little ones in the bike trailer across the city to one of the beaches. It's usually about a 800-1000 calorie ride all together. We'll see what they want to do!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Well I weighed in this morning. It was not pretty. I did not have a great weekend...a binge you might say. So the scale says I am up two pounds from last week. Honestly, I figured it would be more, but up at all was a bit disappointing no matter what I was expecting.

So here is to week one. I feel renewed and ready to conquer this 20 pound challenge.

Week one - I weigh in at 162

Tuesday

Breakfast - A BIG (double helping) my strawberry banana smoothie (110 calories x 2) =220
    Lunch - I am having a tomato sandwhich and some canteloupe = 286 calories
    Dinner - parmesan tilapia, squash casserole, sliced strawberries = 633 calories
    Snacks - fruit = 53
    Trisuits with cheddar cheese = 240

Daily total of 1432 calories

Exercise -
    *walk with daughter and dog so not too brisk, but still it was for 45 minutes and I burned 194 calories
    *cycling 60 minutes = burned 550 calories
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    GOOOOOD MORNING YA'LL!!

I absolutely LOVE how many people are in on this from my post yesterday! Ive been pretty depressed lately about hubby being gone, our house feels SO empty, so last night I didnt eat anything (but I also had world's largest hamburger earlier that day ir you remember haha) Anyways

Week 1 of 13:

wt: 168.4 lbs

Breakfast: always light for me, Im in a huge rush!
    -Starbucks Coffee of the Day, no cream, no sugar (10 cals)
    -Medium Apple (apple a day keeps the Doctor away right?!)
    Lunch: a bottle of water
    -1/2 c. fresh snowpeas
    -1/2 tuna sandwhich on rye bread
    Dinner: ugh.....who knows (im lucky i have on matching socks at this point!):laugh:

Good luck everyone!:heart:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Weight this morning>

For breakfast I am drinking my Glycem-X drink my doctor prescribed, which has about 130 calories.
    For lunch I am having watermelon, honeydew, strawberries, nuts and some california blend veggies (maybe a few sprays of "I can't believe it's not butter spray"
    For dinner I am having a turkey sandwich.
    For a snack yogurt.

I plan my meals out way in advance so I don't stray. I have it planned out until Sunday :)

At the verrrrry least I hope to be at 220 in 13 weeks. I am really hoping it's more like 210. But we will see!
  • alanacara
    alanacara Posts: 10
    Options
    Here goes nothing...

I weighed in at 184.5 this morning. So far I had a Special K protein bar for breakfast and a cup of coffee. I had my lunch all prepared but I forgot it at home when I left for work. :( I will probably go get a soup and salad from Panera instead. Have a great day!!!!! GOOD LUCK
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi everyone

Week 1 weight - 222 lbs

I start every morning with an Arbonne Fiber Shake.
    22 oz water
    I then work out for 1 1/2 hours.
    Bike -10 mins
    Weights
    Treadmill for 20 to 30 minutes

For breakfast I have a Arbonne Protein Shake and a NRG Go3 Fizzing Drink
    another 22 oz water.

My lunch, dinner, and snacks change everyday, so I will post them as I eat them.

Good luck eveyone.

Toni
  • kistinbee
    Options
    So, weighed in this morning and have lost another pound Yay! So, here's the stats:

Week 1: 171.5
    Goal (by week 13): 151.5

I also plan my meals for the day, and then the only thing I add (based on exercise and how hungry I am, is the PM snacks. So, I'll post everything for the day except the PM snacks and add those later. I do drink plenty of water, usually more than the recommended. I won't post it b/c I drink it throughout the day.

Monday:
    Breakfast--1 Lenders Blueberry Bagel with 2 tbsp Fat Free Strawberry Cream Cheese, 8 oz. Diet Cranberry-Grape Juice, 1 multivitamin

AM snack--1 Kashi tlc Soft baked Blackberry Graham bar, 2 c. coffee with 2 tbsp Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel Creamer

Lunch--Tuna Salad Sandwich: 2 sl. 40 cal wheat bread, 1 single can tuna in water with 1 tbsp Light Hellmans Mayo and 1 tbsp relish and 1 sl. Free American cheese. 14 baby carrots, 6 oz. AE Yo Lite Yogurt, and a diet coke.

Afternoon snack--1 medium apple, 100 cal. almond pack, Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar

Dinner--Skillet Lemon Chicken with Asparagus (The recipe I'm sharing below) and 1 baked Red Potato with I Can't Believe it's not butter Spray

Exercise plan: 45 minute Step class, 15 minute Ab workout

Again, I'll post later confirming my workout and evening snacks.

Skillet Lemon Chicken with Asparagus
    Serves:4

1 bunch asparagus (about 1 lb)
    1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
    1 tbsp vegetable oil
    1 onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 tsp dried thyme
    1 c. sodium reduced chicken stock
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    1 tbsp cornstarch
    1 tsp grated lemon rind

Cut asparagus diagonally into 1 inch lengths, set aside. Cut chicken into 1-1/2 inch cubes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat half the oil over medium-high heat and brown chicken about 6 minutes. Transfer to plate. Add remaining oil to pan, fry onion, garlic, and thyme, stirring occassionally until onions are softened about 3 minutes. Return chicken and add asparagus and chicken stock. Cover and simmer until asparagus is tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Meanwhile, wisk together lemon juice, cornstarch, and lemon rind. Add to pan and cook, stirring until thickened, about 1 minute.

Per serving:
    Cal-202
    Pro-29
    Total Fat-6
    Sat-1
    Carb-9
    Fiber-2
    Chol-66
    Sodium-367
    Calcium-3
    Iron-9
    Vit A-5
    Vit C-27

Enjoy!!!

This is for Tuesday, NOT Monday! It wouldn't let me edit, so thought I'd quote it! I'm a day behind I guess! That's good!!!:bigsmile:

Sounds like everyone is doing good so far! And Koozy...we're here for ya! Hopefully focusing on this challenge will help keep your mind off other things! LET"S DO THIS!!!!!!! :drinker: