Like Minded Lushes - October 2010

Options

Replies

• sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I switched to lite beer. I don't love it, but I'm getting used to it and I am loosing weight.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    OMG, pure alcohol abuse....anyway, way to be proactive...I have to be pregnant to go 35 days and I am not that desparate
    I don't know which is more disturbing. the alcohol abuse or the thought of Kim getting pregnant just to avoid alcohol. both are disturbing images. I always cry at the loss of good vodka.

good for you, Karen, for being so focused. I don't want to give up alcohol so I am certaininly not aiming for anything more than a week or so at a time. But you are certainly on a long streak.

Your right, it's a coin toss. Plus, I already have four kids which is probably the very reason I drink.

Karen, have you weighed recently...have you lost?

Welcome TRAV!!! What's your poison? Any goals?

I am down 10lbs and weigh in tomorrow. By all accounts I may have lost another 3lbs :) Please note: one of the vodkas was that black vodka which was kinda gross anyway ... had it in my freezer since my birthday last year (december) and the other was about 4 ozs of Mango Vodka so no great loss ... taking up freezer space :)

But yeah I am ahead of my 170 goal by a week and looks like I may come in ahead of my 160 goal but expect a plateau soon again LOL
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    its a small step but yay

Monday =0 drinks.

Robin, it's one small step for man, one giant leap for lushes:drinker:

Sally, sacrifices are necessary...we bow to you:bigsmile:

Oldbat, don't falter and stay on track...your a role model of willpower here...:love:

Karen, congrats on the weight loss...I will pray to the liquor Gods for your sin of washing vodka down the drain:sad: ...I'm sure they will forgive:heart:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday=0 drinks
    I was planning on having a drink but the meeting at a bar got a cancelled. That's one day beer free. Tongiht I will have a vodka soda, tomorrow a glass of red wine with my steak dinner (DH birthday).
  • kristinmichele1215
    kristinmichele1215 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Where has this thread been all my life:happy: ?! :wink:

I, too, need HELP with the booze.

I'm on a good streak right now, only because I'm following the first phase of South Beach, so no alcohol. It's really difficult, but today will be Day 10 (WOW, just counted that up, unBELIEVABLE).

But, once these two weeks are up, all bets are off. I would love to have some friends to check in with who understand how hard it is to not grab that drink sun-thurs :drinker:

Did somebody say mango vodka??!!! :happy:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad my first visit to the boards had this thread right up top. Maybe with a group of lushes I can finally find the motivation to lose weight. :drinker:
  • Sherelly
    Options
    OMG! Finally an online group that speaks to my soul. I'm joining.....Hi All.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies. This is the place for support for whatever you need in the area of alcoholic libations. we will support you in not drinking and we will cheer you on when you need to enjoy a few. We tend to love wine, beer, vodka, margaritas and Oldbat has her gin and tonic. Mojogirl has an amazing wine cellar. she posted pics on a previous month. join in with your goals and we will support you. Many of us try to abstain during the work week. We relax on the weekend and then get back to it. some are really abstaining (i don't want to and you can't make me:tongue: ) We don't appreciate alcohol abuse (throwing perfectly good alcohol down the drain) we do beleive it is better to drink an open bottle of wine or at least cook with it rather than letting it go to waste.

We do not judge anyone regarding drinking. we are all adults and can choose to do it wisely or not. Now all of that being said, we are a fun group and I hope our fearless leader SurlyDave rejoins the fold sometime soon.

Sorry, I just felt the need to explain who we have become since our group is growing by leaps and bounds.

Here's to you all!:drinker: :drinker:

of course there is only water in those cups. :laugh:
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Evening everyone. OK, so have achieved an alcohol free day and have done my pilates class. Need to step up the exercise to make up for missing out last week and then I will have earned my Saturday and Sunday gin & tonics! Cheers everyone!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Sunday = 1 glass of wine
    Monday = 1 small pear cider - now that was an interesting taste!
    Tuesday= just opened the bottle of wine that was supposed to be for the weekend! only having 2 glasses tonight though.

...and do you know what, I really don't give a damn about drinking during the week this week :blushing: Seriously though I mustn't use the fact I hit my lowest weight as a justification for being naughty, if I'm not careful the weight will creep back on again.
  • ohmohner
    ohmohner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this thread, but I read it all the time, and i TOO am a wine-aholic. oh god i love my wine.. I am proud though, that for the first 3 weeks of being on MFP I have managed to allow enough calories a day to not have to give up my 2 glasses of wine a night :O) .. (except for this weekend. I went to a Carrie Underwood concert at the hollywood bowl and discovered you are allowed to bring your own wine!!! and well, lets say I brought my own, and I drank it ALL!! LOL) other than that, I havent had to give it up!! Or my coffee with creamer every morning :bigsmile: I do have to work out though to get those extra calories, but hey, its TOTALLY WORTH IT to me!! HAHA
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    4 days and still dry! I hope the no alcohol pledge for this week that I made, pays off...I almost broke down tonite but I was strong! I can't wait til this weekend..I am going to eat good all day just so I can drink a bunch of wine. I dont think I ever went a week without drinking, only during my pregnancy.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks...presumptuous, I know

Tuesday, 0 drinks...add that to the list baby

Janna, that makes 4 days right along with you...woo hoo
    Ohmohner, glad you finally decided to surface with a post
    Yvonne, your on a roll...watch it -or- your gonna get a roll...anyway, awesome on your new lowest weight
    Oldbat, glad your back on it, your my hero...stay strong for the VT award at the weekend
    Robin, once again, one small step for man...one giant leap for lushes
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 0

I think I will actually make it to Friday this week. I feel strong.

good job Kim and Jana. You are really doing well.
    Way to go Oldbat
    Karen you are a machine.
    Yvonne, I love pear cider. It is bit too sweet for me but if I mix it half with Guiness it is great. (now That is an interesting taste!)

I hope you are all having a good day.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks...presumptuous, I know
    Tuesday, 0 drinks...add that to the list baby

It's official

The garbage disposal was leaking inside the cabinet and everything had to be removed. Of course, this happened at dinner time and dinner had to be scraped. We needed to go to dinner which is a trigger for me. There is beer everywhere. This gave me a strong craving for beer. So, to avoid the whole situation, we went to Panera.

Ha, no liquor there....the sweetness of success

Karen, I don't know how you do all the socializing and not drink....you must have one hell of a will power

Robin, glad that you got your strength back
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I went back and read through some of the older threads and had DH read some too. We both drink almost everyday and we both need to lose weight. Sometimes I think it would be easier if I had a husband who nagged about my drinking but then I would probably just have to hide it. :laugh: Which would not be fun.

Thanks for all the motivation and suggestions.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I went back and read through some of the older threads and had DH read some too. We both drink almost everyday and we both need to lose weight. Sometimes I think it would be easier if I had a husband who nagged about my drinking but then I would probably just have to hide it. :laugh: Which would not be fun.

Thanks for all the motivation and suggestions.

This is me and my hubs exactly...especially when I am trying to control it...GRRRR...still have to hide it from the kids tho...LOL
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night I made a cherry vodka/sprite drink and would have been ok, if Ididn't have three slices of pepperoni pizza, should have stuck to two!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Don't know why but for some reason I feel no temptation for alcohol tonight. Turned down sampling another pear cider and I'm ignoring the open bottle of wine in the fridge. See I can still be good :bigsmile:
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Another good day. Good exercise today, kept within my calorie allowance and NO ALCOHOL again. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: