Total Body Enhancement at Planet Fitness?

Options

Replies

• leruskin
    leruskin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    UGH I hate when people give you smart *kitten* remarks when you are asking a simple question too!
    I have done it several times...they say you don't want clothing on the parts of the body you want treated. I go in my bra and underwear only. I was also told you should do it 3 times a week for like 3 months-4 months to see results and then you do like once a week to maintain after that. I just started doing it so not sure of results yet. I have a bad back and cellulite so we will see if this things works. I see it as if it doesn't work it was only time wasted...not money since it is included in the membership. I also do it after my workout since the vibrations can be a bit soothing. It feels weird at first like I can feel the fat everywhere jiggle and then the veins become really bright in my legs and it tingles a bit but doesn't hurt by any means. It also makes my legs itch/tickle too. Hope this helps!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    UGH I hate when people give you smart *kitten* remarks when you are asking a simple question too!
    I have done it several times...they say you don't want clothing on the parts of the body you want treated. I go in my bra and underwear only. I was also told you should do it 3 times a week for like 3 months-4 months to see results and then you do like once a week to maintain after that. I just started doing it so not sure of results yet. I have a bad back and cellulite so we will see if this things works. I see it as if it doesn't work it was only time wasted...not money since it is included in the membership. I also do it after my workout since the vibrations can be a bit soothing. It feels weird at first like I can feel the fat everywhere jiggle and then the veins become really bright in my legs and it tingles a bit but doesn't hurt by any means. It also makes my legs itch/tickle too. Hope this helps!
    They used to have fat jiggling belts back in the day. They didn't work either. Save your time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Another lame thing going on at Planet Fitness, color me shocked.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    They used to have fat jiggling belts back in the day. They didn't work either. Save your time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You mean I wasted my money on one of these?
    old-fat-jiggling-machine.jpg
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I thought the red lights meant it was a strip club. At least that red light is useful.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried the Total Body Enhancement machine at Planet Fitness? It's like a stand up tanning bed except it has red lights (red light therapy), the floor vibrates and it plays music. I did it for 10 minutes on Level 2. What is the point to this machine?

Red lights and it vibrates...are you sure you weren't in Amsterdam?

Pretty sure there were ping pong balls.....

.....wait, wrong continent's sex ghetto!
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    It increases testosterone production which makes your muscles bigger and your body hairier and your genitalia bigger. It's true, it is on Wikipedia.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    i do it every now and again because its like a little massage post work out, makes me feel better but as for actually toning or reducing cellulite, I'm even iffy on that.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I just upgraded my membership to the black card and was told about this "program" that is offered at my PF and I was wondering the same thing.... here's an article I found online about whole body vibration: http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/passive-exercise-whole-body-vibration?page=2

Basically, they are saying from studies done it does seem that it could help muscle strength, circulation, bone density, etc... but that is in ADDITION to a regular workout routine. So... if you think you can just sit in this machine for 10min/day and skip the workout think again.

I might try it for a few weeks and see how it goes (if I feel any better post workout etc)
  • Shellyrenee86
    Shellyrenee86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started at PF and have used the red light therapy twice. I've seen the results with some of my friends. I do it post workout as it relaxed me and can help in cellular repair. The red light is able to penetrate the skin deeper therefore stimulating production of colagen elastin, and ATP a chemical produced by your body to repair damaged cells. Visible results take 12-18 sessions. And a 1-2treatments per week for upkeep. There is no UVA or UVB rays. You will not get tanned and.there are few side effects. The biggest problem you are likely to have is a change in sleep pattern if you use it at night. It is FDA approved for cosmetic use .
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    From Planet Fitness on FB ( I have no clue who Teresa is )

Hi Teresa - The Beauty Angel/Total Body Enhancement booth uses all-natural red and infrared light, which penetrates and absorbs deep into the tissue, activating the production of endorphins, blocking pain-transmitting chemicals and stimulating cellularregeneration. Total Body Enhancement can be used to help improve the skin’s tone and texture, while also decreasing wrinkles and firming your skin to help reverse and control the visible signs of aging. Total Body Enhancement can also effectively treat minor muscle and joint aches...

There's also references to red light therapy being used by Nasa, who knows, if you're into that thing, I'd suggest looking up Chromotherapy aka Color Therapy on the internets
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    People do realize that most remote controls for home electronics use infrared technology? You'd figure that couch potatos being exposed to them should be thin with tight skin.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

plus while you are in there you burn like 250 calories....
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Not allowed to lift, but can stand in a light show. Awesome gym.
  • kotek11
    kotek11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been using it, it's recommended couple times a week, I see a difference. Ill even tighten muscles sometimes to help focus more on it. Program 3 is one to do if u don't work out for Instance
  • kristie60
    kristie60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    From what I understand the Total Body Enhancement booth uses all-natural red and infrared light, which penetrates and absorbs deep into the tissue, activating the production of endorphins, blocking pain-transmitting chemicals and stimulating cellular regeneration. Total Body Enhancement can be used to help improve the skin’s tone and texture, while also decreasing wrinkles and firming your skin to help reverse and control the visible signs of aging. Total Body Enhancement can also effectively treat minor muscle and joint aches. I have never used it, I'm interested in knowing if it actually has any benefits. Seems to be too good to be true.
  • BeastAssDanny
    BeastAssDanny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It increases the collagen in your skin, reducing the appearances of cellulite and wrinkles in your body. The vibrating plate helps improve your circulation and also helps strengthen your core. However I'm not sure if it actually works.
  • rudila27
    rudila27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been using this 2-3 times per week and there is a big change in stretch marks and scars in general. I'm not sure if the shaking will help but the red light seems to work.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Does anyone find it suspicious that all these single-post people are popping up and saying it's totally awesome?

Just me then....