What group were u in at High School

Options
ginakiki
ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
EXAMPLES GEEK JOCK PUNK HIPPY ETC....

I was punk hung out with people that were in bands also hung out with stoners but everyone new me cause i was outgoing

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My friends and I just called ourselves the leftovers since we never fit into any particular group.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I was more in the preppy/jock crowd.
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Mostly hippie I guess since I smoked a lot of pot, sold drugs, did acid etc. But I had 99 people in my graduating class and smoked with about 75% of them at some point. Catholic school and we liked to party.

But I was also Senior Class President, got good grades, played tennis, art club, environmental club and a bunch of other crap.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    jock/leftover
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I was a geek, and proud! Got bullied so bad though
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I was a preppy jock (cheerleader and all that), but my school was so small that the “groups” mixed a lot.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Uhhh ..

I played Hockey and Lacrosse.

I was on the chess team, and in Dungeons & Dragons club
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Sort of middle of the road group - a bit preppy, a bit rocker - and I was a cheerleader but was not in the popular clique.

And, I drove a 1970 Mustang. Paint a picture? lol
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    GOTH- black/red and white outfits with chains and red stripes in the hair... ( Fun times)

Now..Married, active duty military and college graduate who has three minature dachshunds.... :)
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    The "skater/grunge" group. It was the 90's. I wore nothing but flannel and combat boots.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I pretty much hung out with everyone. Even the people that others classified as snobs liked me. (Except for one girl. And, I didn't like her either so...)
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I was a social butterfly, so I knew people in most of all groups and hung out with whoever I felt like hanging out with. Being back in school... its mostly the same thing all over again. haha I just hang out with whoever and hit the bar with whomever extends an invite. :)
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i had friends in every group but my core group i guess were the theatre kids as well as the nerds who played magic the gathering at lunch too! haha good days!
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    First three years a geek. Senior year I was in the jock crowd during football, then got kicked back to the geek group afterwards. Most guys in my class all got along and spent time together though.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I was a preppy jock (cheerleader and all that), but my school was so small that the “groups” mixed a lot.

This would apply to me, as well.
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    leftover - still am but now I'm liking that.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I was kind of an outcast, a bit punk, a bit rocker, a bit of a freak. My friends were more middle-of-the-road, though, borderline prep.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Geek: Loved math (Trigonometry was AWESOME), took computer classes (anyone remember programming LOGO on an Apple 2E?), lettered in Music & Drama, was a favorite target of the jock/cheerleader crowd.

College was so much better for me!!!
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My sister said the popular crowd. I never thought about it that way. I associated with whom I thought was interesting and fun. Did not and still do not care what group they were in. So I had friends across all the groups.
  • chaosbutterfly
    chaosbutterfly Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was in the minority kid group.

There were 28 of us in a school of about 400 and we were the only ones on financial aid, so we had to make our own clique LOL.