What group were u in at High School

Options

Replies

• MuskCats
    MuskCats Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Music, art, pets, and popularity group, =) My friends and I were against bullying and even helped out 4 or 5 bullied kids and all that stuff...Good days! :)
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    i fit in to basically every group, me and my little group of close friends could hang out with mostly every group we knew people in all grade levels, and all group types and we hung out with who we felt like, didnt really matter
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I had a core group of friends my freshman and sophomore year then we moved and I had no friends at my new school. I met my future husband my junior year and hung with him the whole time. By the time my senior year rolled around I had no friends. I sat in the library and read during lunch so I wouldn't have to try to find someone to eat with.

Funny thing is I just ran into a girl I graduated with. She talked to me as if we'd been best friends in high school when in reality she didn't even give me the time of day back then.
  • becsnz1
    becsnz1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was the FUGLY (fat and ugly) one with not many friends. I was extremely shy but then I discovered alcohol and how it gave me confidence and I could forget about all the nasty **** at home. Then I became the 16 year old who went to school drunk, the one who got so drunk and danced so hard at the social and arsed over in front of the associate principal but never got caught. I was the sneaky one who would wag school and stay home and get drunk. I think I wanted to fit in but didn't know how or was too shy and self conscience so became dependent on alcohol for the confidence factor.
  • cameronwheeler
    Options
    I was a nobody my freshman and sophomore year. I was a bullied teen who was a complete computer nerd. Sophomore year I started working for a record label and ended up learning how to DJ. My junior year I was doing all of the parties, I even did my school's prom and all of the other schools proms. Most schools would not consider hiring a 17 year old to DJ an event that over 400-500 attend and the average person spends about $600-$1000 each on everything. I also did it senior year. I became pretty popular because of DJ'n. I will never forget the fake people who treated me poorly and then tried to be my friend. Now i've moved on to bigger and better things and I am happy where I'm at.

Also I was 260 lbs graduating, then my first year of college I was near 310 lbs!!!! Year 2 of college and i'm down to 220!!! Go me!
  • Kyligula
    Options
    I played football and knew all the jocks, but I was a geek social-circle wise.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I was well liked by everyone. No group really... I treated everyone with respect, talked to everyone and ended up the most liked in school. ::shrugs:: I wasn't poor, but I wouldn't go to school and show off what I had. I was outgoing, but not into any sports. I was in the marching band... loved being on the field. :) I always had a heart for those less fortunate than I was. Still am to this day.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I was labeled many different things, but I did not fit anywhere. My natural introversion coupled with social anxiety, a growing depression, my general oddness, and my background of poverty, fused into a toxic mix that made me a favored target for bullying. The friends I managed to make, I had little in common with or bullied me as well. I ended up transferring to an online school for my senior year.

You and I would have become good friends. I'm so sorry you went through that.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I was labeled many different things, but I did not fit anywhere. My natural introversion coupled with social anxiety, a growing depression, my general oddness, and my background of poverty, fused into a toxic mix that made me a favored target for bullying. The friends I managed to make, I had little in common with or bullied me as well. I ended up transferring to an online school for my senior year.

You and I would have become good friends. I'm so sorry you went through that.

Thank you. That's a nice thought. I definitely would have benefited from having a compassionate friend.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Lol. I didn't make friends. I had my music, and writing. Lol so lame but that was mee. I don't like many people my age, I like older people.
  • TheRealOrson
    TheRealOrson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    I like older people.

Sup.
  • jmharris21
    Options
    I was friends with people in all different groups. Of course, no one hung out with a certain group everyone got along and helped each other out. :smile:
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Jock and surfer group, which is counterproductive.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Party girl group.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    No group. I was the artist. Very quiet.
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I was in the group that was kinda friends with everyone. We were the people that were just easy going and easy to get along with. We had the super smart people of our class, the top 10 were mostly friends of mine, me included...but we played sports and liked to have fun, wasn't like we were big nerds...haha.
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Have you seen Freaks and Geeks? That was totally me.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I was a loner......with only a few people I spoke too...I protected others because I was monster back then.

College was completely different........
  • Naomi81378
    Naomi81378 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I talked to everyone. I am a people person. It doesnt matter to me what group you were in.
  • samammay
    Options
    band dork by way of twirling a flag.

Good girl. :-D

I didn't say I was good, lol.

None of the flaggettes were *good*. That's why I called you a good girl. :wink: