What is the nastiest piece of food you have ever chewed on?

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast - I can't eat dairy so I tried to make a vegan cheese sauce, and they use nutritional yeast as the "cheese flavor". OMG I'd rather go without cheese than eat fake cheese. Nasty!!! :sick:

ETA: My husband will eat almost anything, and he says he vomited up his breakfast after sampling jellied, pickled pig's feet.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Mine is any kind of olives. I'd be down right skinny if I had to suvive on them!!!
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Stuffed grape leaves.

I like stuffed grape leaves!

No, no.

No. *shudders* Mediterranean food is great, just not that.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I made some southern food using a ham hock. supposed to give the best ham flavor.. it was disgusting.. knowing that i was eating a pig knuckle .. it was just so weird, it totally ruined the food.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast - I can't eat dairy so I tried to make a vegan cheese sauce, and they use nutritional yeast as the "cheese flavor". OMG I'd rather go without cheese than eat fake cheese. Nasty!!! :sick:

I concur.

I heard they use sawdust as a filler in some shredded cheese to keep it from clumping. I think I might have to go with the saw dust.
  • MelvinFlosser
    MelvinFlosser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Balut & Durian in the Philippines!

IMG_3665_zps661abc62.jpg

IMG_3670_zps354d4f8d.jpg

IMG_3675_zps14081504.jpg

77904c7a-35aa-4042-a07f-2a2bcf89147f_zpsd633f4e6.jpg

639eb739-c301-4b54-ba31-5adc14ad1741_zps3a87fbc6.jpg
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Balut & Durian in the Philippines!

You win! OMG I just threw up a little in my mouth :sick: :noway:
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've tried a bunch of stuff I didn't like (pretty much anything green, flame away if you want) but the worst was Swedish "surströmming" or fermented pickled herring. Just couldn't get past the smell to actually try it. When they look at the swollen tin and say "oh ya, this one will be really good"... no... just no. Sorry to my Swedish mates!
  • evilfairies
    evilfairies Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Let me preface this by saying I have a weird family, but when I was a kid we thought it would be fun to play Family Fear Factor. We weren't about to blend up bugs or whatever they ate on that show, so instead my dad chose the most disgusting thing he could think of for us to eat for the last challenge: Vienna sausages and sardines. And let me tell you. It. Was. DISGUSTING. (But I still won!)

Edited for grammar.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Tofu

Salmon
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts
  • aumint
    Options
    Cream of mushroom soup.
  • ataraxial
    ataraxial Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Occasionally when I go shopping I grab something I have never tried that looks intriguing. Well, I found down the health aisle, 'Seaweed Snacks'. Didn't look or sounds particularly appealing, but don't knock it til you try it, right? It was the most vile disgusting thing I have ever tasted. Not only was the taste unbearable (and excessively salty), The texture was awful.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Fried okra.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Fried okra.

You want to know what's even grosser than fried okra? When it comes in your csa box and you don't use it, forget about it, then find it weeks later at the bottom of your produce drawer with slime oozing everywhere. :angry:
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Tripe *boke*
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    haggis, tripe, fried eel, boiled whale fat,
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I think Brie cheese .... was the worst and I was forced to eat it. I was close to just puking it all ... not pretty.
  • Teachinjen
    Teachinjen Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The number one thing I refuse to eat is ginger. It comes from ordering a wrap once that had huge chunks through out the whole wrap, and it wasn't even listed in the ingredients. After that it's mushrooms, olives, Bell Peppers. I will eat chili's but not peppers....ICK!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Smelt.. Oysters.. Snails.. Lima beans..
    All make me hurl..