What is the nastiest piece of food you have ever chewed on?

Replies

• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    I second that!
  • raw eggs
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Chittlings
    I second that!
  • Cilantro...and scrambled eggs...yucka.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    earwax
  • Mondongo (tripe)

Any Campbell's cream of anything soup

And even though I loooove Indian and Pakistani food, I dislike most of their desserts-- gulab jamun, barfi (yes, that is its name), halva, and many others.
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Hangi (Really smoked food cooked underground.)
    The meat tasted like dry smokey dirt, so disgusting.
  • Haggis, in Scotland ... though I tried not to chew. Oh my word. :sick:

I thought it tasted likea better version of meatloaf. I didn't mind the Hagus, but I hate meatloaf.
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Mc Donalds Hamburger...
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Liver and mushrooms *gag* also, rubbery bacon rinds. Seriously, you should not have to fight with your food.
  • A Filet-O-Fish from McDonalds that I had a few weeks ago... You could tell it had been sitting there for ages and had only just been heated up. Yuck.
  • Plain sweet potato gross.
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Duck Sausage. It tasted like *kitten*.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Oh you guys, haggis is yummy! So is black pudding :tongue:

If you say so...:sick:

haggis_recipe_zps996673e9.jpg
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Deer Meat... :sick:
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    I have to say the most interesting part of this thread for me is not what people don't like, but what I do like in comparison. Apparently I am not a picky eater in any way.

lol I was having the same thought - I like almost everything named or would try the ones I haven't. Mostly. Probably would have to skip the monkey brains (for purely sentimental monkey-love reasons) and black pudding/blood sausage because no.

However, there have been a couple of things: seaweed salad at a grocery store deli (it was horrendous - have since tried it elsewhere and it was more...you know...meh) and pickled pigs feet, which just tasted like pickled fat.
  • sarahkay2007
    sarahkay2007 Posts: 42 Member
    This is more what I found in my food and actually chewed on it. I bought hot chips at a market and found a fingernail in my mouth. It was not pretty.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Boiled okra. It's just slimy nastiness.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    This is more what I found in my food and actually chewed on it. I bought hot chips at a market and found a fingernail in my mouth. It was not pretty.

This reminds me of a friend in high school who found a dirty bandaid in her refried beans. There were pus and blood stains on it. It was one of those fast food places, don't remember which one.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Flan. I was told afterward by some of my friends that it was not very good flan and that I should try it again. It was so gross I just never could.