Calories burned during sex

Options

Replies

• i tend to log mine as calisthenics. Pushups... Sit ups... Crunches... And ............ :) i also do actual sit ups and pushups and crunches on a daily basis.
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    HRM gives a whole new meaning to strap on! Inappropriate? Sorry! that was funny! Im totally getting an HRM and strapping it on! Maybe even my sweat bands too! hahaha

BoomBoom - You crack me up!!!

My ex-boyfriend actually did wear his HRM once...he was a competitive cyclist and didn't need to lose an once so I admit I thought it was a bit ODD. But should I ever be so lucky to partake in this aerobic activity again :wink: I just might strap it on :wink:
  • size3again
    size3again Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like the way you think: )
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    No reason you can't, just make a new entry like any other work out. But not sure how many calories is in one minute. *evil grin*

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing! Not good since I am at work and SUPPOSED to be working. Thanks for the giggles!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    This is too funny! I never thought of counting the protein too!! I thought it counted as aerobics,general. Now I am going to see which gives me more credit,aerobic or calisthenics!
    Thanks for the laugh!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
    Here is a website to calculate it...I burn 253 calories in 30 minutes!
    This must be a male thing...lol...my boyfriend is the one that found it.
    He thought I should know!

I don't know about that ... I burn that much in 30 minutes of walking/jogging intervals on steep hills.

No matter the position, I know for a fact I don't exert nearly that much energy with sex.
  • christina1109
    Options
    HRM gives a whole new meaning to strap on! Inappropriate? Sorry! that was funny! Im totally getting an HRM and strapping it on! Maybe even my sweat bands too! hahaha

Oh, this gave me such a chuckle. My husband and I had a conversation along those lines the other night. :)
  • naguilar210
    Options
    Awesome post and responses! LOL
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

I don't know about that ... I burn that much in 30 minutes of walking/jogging intervals on steep hills.

No matter the position, I know for a fact I don't exert nearly that much energy with sex.
    Maybe you need to step up your game. :wink:
  • browneyedmom
    Options

Maybe you need to step up your game. :wink:

Yeah I was thinking that wasn't enough calories burned!!:blushing:
  • Soapbox
    Soapbox Posts: 38
    Options
    I think it all matters how long you last LOL
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Brainstorm! Can you call sex Intervals? Or better yet...I HIIT it last night.
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    Ok so can i list sex as an exercise, its not listed in the exercise database, and how many cals burned. :blushing:
  • imjojo72
    Options
    Haha, I am new to myfitnesspal and this is my first time on the message boards. This was the first one that I came across. I can tell that I'm going to love it already...too funny!! Well I know there are plenty of calories to burn while having sex, if only I was having some.
  • Jerrytcher
    Options
    Found a (tongue in cheek) listing of "Calories Burned During Sex". Cute, but not for kids

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/csex.htm
  • CSausage
    CSausage Posts: 345
    Options
    Maybe all the singles should form a group to "exercise" together. Every city can have its own MFP FWB club...for health and calorie burning reasons only of course! ha
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I googled this earlier this week. Depends on your weight. For me I burn about 5 cals per min. Hell yeah I log it ;)

I tend to log mine under dancing... :wink:

Oh please tell me that's not what people are really doing every time I see "dancing" is my status feed! Lol. I hope that doesn't catch on, because sometimes I literally dance as exercise.
  • leahmcdonald
    Options
    OMG this trend is the best. I am dying over here. I thought this same thing a few months back but wouldnt log it as sex either.
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just browsed the exercise database for the first time- I was wondering if that's what was meant by 'Calisthenics, home- light/moderate effort'. At least for missonary underneath perhaps?:wink: