What are your thoughts on peanut butter??

Options

Replies

• lebbyloses
    lebbyloses Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's yummy...but I've replaced it with sunflower seed butter. I originally switched to almond butter but it was too firm & nutty flavored...sunflower seed is almost an exact match for PB in consistency & flavor (and better for you) :smile:

What makes it better for you? And could I make it in my cuisinart?

I love peanut butter. When I was young and on an unnecessarily restrictive diet, I used to dream if it every night. Now I don't eat it much because it's hard for me to limit my portions, but when I do have it I make my own in a food processor. It's fast, easy, and it avoids all the sugar that I think tends to trigger me to want ALL THE PB.

Also, it's like an addictive substance for dogs. Once (when I used to keep a jar of Jif on hand), my tiny dog apparently had the munchies, hopped on my counter, knocked an unopened jar of peanut butter from the top shelf of my cabinet (along with many other foods he rejected as inferior), chewed off the lid and protective seal, stuck his little head in and ate as much as a being with no thumbs could manage. When I got home it looked like there'd been a raccoon in my apartment, but the peanut butter in his eyebrows sold him out. He pretended to feel shame, but I think he thought it was all worth it.
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm with the majority here - I looooove peanut butter!
    I really like the whipped peanut butter, you can spread it pretty thin on hot toast and still get that awesome gooey effect. actually, I could really do with some afternoon tea....
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Peanut, cashew, pecan..I love a good nut butter.

23wgh1.gif

:love: :laugh: :wink:
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I remember the first time I tried it, at my aunt's house aged about 10, on a sandwich. I knew immediately that I needed it in my life, long-term.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I avoid it, not because of its taste (it's yum!) but because of the high calories.

That's why I don't eat it too. I also find it very more-ish, if I start eating it I just crave more and more, therefore I don't start.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    if you can fit it in your calories, then its good. PB has good nutrition so its not empty calories either. So its all good. Jus tbe careful to measure properly because many times, in a tablespoon we're really eating much more than what the company defines as a tablespoon.

That being said, peanut butter is yucky and is an abomination on this planet!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    It's disgusting but my dogs like it.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter!! I have a tab spoon for breakfast if I am in a rush just to get something in.
    What are your thoughts? Yay or nay?

It is honestly the most pukelicious thing I have ever tasted.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Used to love it, now can only eat it very sparingly as I have developed an intolerance to peanuts. So unless I want to deal with mild allergy symptoms it's a no-no.

Same here--but I get hives on my stomach that last for a couple weeks.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Yay. I've become a huge fan of the Kraft whipped peanut butter. Yummmmmmo
  • Obidalagirl
    Options
    How can I say this??

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! :laugh:
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I eat it at least once a week, if not more. Usually on toast.
  • Madhouseof5
    Madhouseof5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, just had peanut butter on a toasted crumpet :love:
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    My thoughts on peanut butter are:
    Yes!
  • XxCaz89xX
    Options
    I have an unhealthy addiction to peanut butter and cant keep it in the house anymore unless I want to consume my daily calories in nothing but the stuff!!! It's so amazingly yummy !
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Run! run from its peanutty goodness! One spoonful cannot ever be enough!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Oooo WHERE do I begin?
    new-girl-gif1.gif?w=245

My stupid food scale decided to forgo the option for working correctly this past weekend & I had to guesstimate all my food choices.

It was fun. It was liberating. It was a disaster. :noway:

Apparently, somebody can't control themselves when it comes to cashews, or cashew butter....and I can swing with that, ok...so I can't have these in the house....

Now it would appear as though crunchy peanut butter falls under the heading of 'contraband substabce'.

bah.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    PB2 is your friend.
  • Dashie1
    Options
    I love 1/2 an apple sliced and I dip each slice into peanut butter. I make sure I only use 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. That makes a wonderful snack for me during the day when I crave something filling and sweet.
  • Jazzabelle100885
    Options
    For breakfast? No. As part of breakfast/lunch/snack: ooooh yes!!!