Low Maintenance Women

Options
whierd
whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
I am wondering how many of you think of yourself as low maintenance in terms of getting ready. I am going to arbitrarily throw out 30 minutes to get ready, sans shower, as the low maintenance threshold. The other thread said that only 2% of women are naturally pretty enough to not need much assistance, but I disagree.

So how many of you are able to achieve this?

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    sans shower? 30 minutes sounds like more than enough time.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    20 minutes
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Does this 30 mins include the "fun time" in the shower?

ETA: ......I did not read your post right. My mind skipped over "sans"
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    sans shower? I can do it all in 20 minutes.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    sans shower? 30 minutes sounds like more than enough time.

^This
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    And I repeat...I'm low maintenance, I'm naturally beautiful. My milkshake brings all the boys to they yard. So there.
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Shower? I normally just hit myself up with a PTA bath.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm also in :smile:
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    in terms of actual getting ready- 30 min is completely reasonable. Just enough time to dress, brush teeth, 5 min face, get some coffee and throw together a sandwich for munch. I usually add about 15min of laying in bed not wanting to get out the coziness
  • BathtubBadger
    BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    30 minutes? Mm. Sounds possible. Achievable, which doesn't mean I do it often. I guess I don't pass the test.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Does this 30 mins include the "fun time" in the shower?

ETA: ......I did not read your post right. My mind skipped over "sans"

Well obviously the clock doesn't run during fun time.
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    Takes me about 45 minutes to get ready counting shower, hair, makeup, and clothes.... BUT it might take me about 15 extra minutes if I can't find the right pair of shoes to go with the outfit....
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Not me!! I need at least an hour after my shower to get ready for going out. But I don't consider myself high maintenance, because I never put my husband (or anyone else) out to achieve my desired appearance. I'm good looking and enjoy dolling up, and that's totally awesome.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    in terms of actual getting ready- 30 min is completely reasonable. Just enough time to dress, brush teeth, 5 min face, get some coffee and throw together a sandwich for munch. I usually add about 15min of laying in bed not wanting to get out the coziness

wow. i'm impressed. thought we were just talking about getting dressed/makeup/etc. not anything involving being productive re: lunches/coffee, etc ;)
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The days that I lift I hit the locker room after 730, shower, put on makeup and do something with my hair and I'm at my desk at 8. I lift in the same building I work in, so no travel time other then walking.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    No problem.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Well, I get up in the morning at 6:15 and shower, then I get up the three kids, feed them, get them ready for school, pack up their stuff for the day, etc. and the youngest is a newborn. I am out of the house by 7:20. So I'd say that less than 30 minutes of that is time for me to actually get ready.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Sans shower... I'm ready in like 10 to 15 minutes. Clothes... hair... go!
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    See this for my opinion on men's opinions on women being "high maintenance" :

http://jezebel.com/5936323/listen-up-ladies-heres-everything-real-men-think-is-wrong-with-you

Informative quote from said article:

" 'It gets on my nerves when women take too much time on makeup. You would think after a lifetime they would have the process down to less than 45 minutes!' -Christopher

Yeah, women! You're sooooo high-maintenance! To be clear, we definitely don't want you to stop painting that prettier face over your regular face every day—because gross—but could you just hurry it up? You're late for Christopher's *kitten*."

My hair and makeup habits really don't cater to you, so IDGAF if I beat the time you think it should take me to get ready.