Low Maintenance Women

Options

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    My record time is getting 3 kids under 4 and MYSELF ready for work and daycare in 15 minutes. And that's with coffee.

I've got it down to a science.

*bows down* Add my 2 kids into the mix and the number can be anywhere from 1-3 hours lol
  • jabby220
    Options
    20-30 min-- good to go !
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i can get ready in 30 minutes with a shower...

it doesn't take long, but then again, I rarely wear more than a moisturizing foundation and some blusher and gloss...

my profile pic is myself after a movie date with my SO...I showered, dressed and put on make up in 20 minutes so we could make it to the theatre in time.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I would meet societies standards of acceptable but nobody has run screaming and my husband still seems to be attracted to be. I can shower, dress, hair and makeup in less than 20 minutes if necessary but usually take about 45 minutes, maybe an hour if I'm being leisurely but both those times do include a shower.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    With all due respect, feminists should work on how angry they seem to come across so often, and then folks maybe would stop asking why they're so angry.

I made a very poor movie reference in case you missed that but yeah, I agree. I even somewhat agree with a lot of points in that article but it really didn't need to be so aggressive. don't wanna derail the thread though.

Dont be silly, I love a good derailing!

trust me.... this is one can of feminists I MEAN worms that you do not want to open
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm doing that day.

If it's a work day and I'm trying to be fancy with my hair, it could take me 20 minutes just to get it the way I want. Normally I just end up giving up and putting it in a bun due to frustration. But on any regular day, not showering, yeah, 30 minutes is enough. I don't wear makeup anymore and I rarely straighten my hair, so 30 mins would be fine. I wouldn't have time to prepare and eat my breakfast in that 30 min time slot, however.

Not wearing any makeup, falling in love with my natural waves, and learning to love my natural self has defintetly cut at least an extra half hour out of my daily routine, along with a negative self-image. I would still rather have at least an hour to get ready in the mornings though (this includes meals for myself and my pets), because I don't like to feel rushed.
  • TheSlorax
    Options
    See this for my opinion on men's opinions on women being "high maintenance" :

http://jezebel.com/5936323/listen-up-ladies-heres-everything-real-men-think-is-wrong-with-you

Informative quote from said article:

" 'It gets on my nerves when women take too much time on makeup. You would think after a lifetime they would have the process down to less than 45 minutes!' -Christopher

Yeah, women! You're sooooo high-maintenance! To be clear, we definitely don't want you to stop painting that prettier face over your regular face every day—because gross—but could you just hurry it up? You're late for Christopher's *kitten*."

My hair and makeup habits really don't cater to you, so IDGAF if I beat the time you think it should take me to get ready.

Rage much?

just because she's a feminist doesn't mean she's in a rage. you can't just ask people why they're angry.

With all due respect, feminists should work on how angry they seem to come across so often, and then folks maybe would stop asking why they're so angry.

Is stating that I don't care about someone's opinion of my beauty routine angry? I guess the internet likes to make feminists out to be angry and irrational. Go figure. :)

see my last post. I LIKE jezebel but it does nothing to stop perpetuating the myth that all feminists are angry. the tone of a good majority of their articles is so over the top aggressive they're almost too difficult to read, despite the fact that I agree with their points.

(you asked for it whierd :flowerforyou:)
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I can shower and get ready in less than 30 minutes (hair is short and air dries). I've spent more time waiting on the men in my life than they spend waiting on me, my 13 year old son included. My daughter and I are usually the first ones out the door, wondering where the guys are. I've trained her to be low maintenance as well! :laugh:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

http://jezebel.com/5936323/listen-up-ladies-heres-everything-real-men-think-is-wrong-with-you

" 'It gets on my nerves when women take too much time on makeup. You would think after a lifetime they would have the process down to less than 45 minutes!' -Christopher

Yeah, women! You're sooooo high-maintenance! To be clear, we definitely don't want you to stop painting that prettier face over your regular face every day—because gross—but could you just hurry it up? You're late for Christopher's *kitten*."

My hair and makeup habits really don't cater to you, so IDGAF if I beat the time you think it should take me to get ready.

Rage much?

just because she's a feminist doesn't mean she's in a rage. you can't just ask people why they're angry.

Is stating that I don't care about someone's opinion of my beauty routine angry? I guess the internet likes to make feminists out to be angry and irrational. Go figure. :)

It was mostly the IDGAF part that makes you seem unnecessarily angry. And the OP was about women who consider themselves Low Maintenance and how long getting ready takes them. I wasn't saying that you must get ready in any allotted time nor that they cater to anyone other than you.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I never shower in the morning, I'd rather sleep and shower later. I'm a roll out of bed, change, brush hair, brush teeth, apply mascara and fly out of the door kind of girl. I can do it all in 10 minutes if I'm crunched for time.
  • highervibes
    Options
    I have really thick hair and I only need to flat iron and wash it 2x/week so that cuts down on my ready time BIG TIME. Shower caps are your friend ladies :)
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    10-15 minutes, washed, dried dressed and ready for work

Unless someone makes me coffee then i sit and enjoy it.

My face is lucky to even get moisturised in the morning (it gets spf cream in the summer though)

Im too lazy to put on make up, if im at an interview, or doing face to face for work i'll put it on, or on a night out, but other than that

no chance
  • whierd
    Options

I made a very poor movie reference in case you missed that but yeah, I agree. I even somewhat agree with a lot of points in that article but it really didn't need to be so aggressive. don't wanna derail the thread though.

trust me.... this is one can of feminists I MEAN worms that you do not want to open

If I felt that my post was demeaning then I would agree. But I don't, so open up the can. :)
  • whierd
    Options
    I never shower in the morning, I'd rather sleep and shower later. I'm a roll out of bed, change, brush hair, brush teeth, apply mascara and fly out of the door kind of girl. I can do it all in 10 minutes if I'm crunched for time.

I cannot function without a shower right after waking up.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options

If I felt that my post was demeaning then I would agree. But I don't, so open up the can. :)

low maintenance = more time for sammiches
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options

I have a girl crush on you.
  • highervibes
    Options

Me too. I ALWAYS shower at night. Every minute counts lol
  • TheSlorax
    Options

already done because I am a feminist and I don't wait for permission from men to do things I want to do. :angry:

in all seriousness, no, the OP was not in the slightest bit demeaning. it was actually nice because you said more than 2% of us don't need extra help!
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options

It was mostly the IDGAF part that makes you seem unnecessarily angry. And the OP was about women who consider themselves Low Maintenance and how long getting ready takes them. I wasn't saying that you must get ready in any allotted time nor that they cater to anyone other than you.

Ooops. Well yes, I suppose IDGAF seems a bit aggressive. I suppose I just associate it with Nicki Minaj flipping her hair back or Janelle Monae dancing across a screen.

If you weren't saying that women should meet a certain standard to be "low maintenance" or that women should be "low maintenance" then why as a bald man who I would presume doesn't wear makeup, would you care how long it takes ladies to get ready? Hmm?
  • TheSlorax
    Options

Ooops. Well yes, I suppose IDGAF seems a bit aggressive. I suppose I just associate it with Nicki Minaj flipping her hair back or Janelle Monae dancing across a screen.

If you weren't saying that women should meet a certain standard to be "low maintenance" or that women should be "low maintenance" then why as a bald man who I would presume doesn't wear makeup, would you care how long it takes ladies to get ready? Hmm?

I think you missed the original thread that whierd posted this in response to. go read the first post of that, then read his post again.