Low Maintenance Women

Options

Replies

• SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I need about 25 minutes after the shower (shower is about 8 minutes). Pretty low-maintenance. I also am very natural with things -- as in, I have never had a manicure or a pedicure, and I go to the salon maybe every 2 months just for a trim. I refuse to color my hair until I actually need to. LOL :smile: My purses come from Target and I wear cheap sunglasses... definitely low-maintenance there.
  • phw426
    phw426 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    depends on what you are getting ready for...................
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

It was mostly the IDGAF part that makes you seem unnecessarily angry. And the OP was about women who consider themselves Low Maintenance and how long getting ready takes them. I wasn't saying that you must get ready in any allotted time nor that they cater to anyone other than you.

Ooops. Well yes, I suppose IDGAF seems a bit aggressive. I suppose I just associate it with Nicki Minaj flipping her hair back or Janelle Monae dancing across a screen.

If you weren't saying that women should meet a certain standard to be "low maintenance" or that women should be "low maintenance" then why as a bald man who I would presume doesn't wear makeup, would you care how long it takes ladies to get ready? Hmm?

Because I disagreed with the other thread's assertion that roughly 2% of women are naturally pretty enough to not need to get dolled up everyday. And just simple curiosity really. I am a little surprised that some of the women here can get ready in less time than I can.

Though, I am not sure what my lack of hair has anything to do with this thread.

you are a bald demeaning person. GTFO.

Being forced to shave my head every three days makes me hate women.

*sniff sniff* Is that privilege I smell?

I bathe in privelege.

41Qr01SuaeL_SY355__zpsb9fe16cf.jpg
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I can do this but only because I never have to do any maintenance on my hair aside from washing it often, cutting it occasionally and going to the hair dresser every two months. So that probably cuts out like 12 minutes of getting ready. If I don't put on makeup, I can do it in 30 minutes including the shower.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    LOL I need to check out this other thread. I take about 15 minutes to shower, but then about 10 minutes to do my hair and makeup, maybe 5 minutes to get dressed. Most of my time "getting ready" in the morning is taking care of my kids and getting breakfast and lunch together. Oh and packing my gym bag too
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Again, it was a curiosity. :laugh:

But if you are still angry with me, I am sure there are ways we can burn that off. :wink:

*Can of worms is now....OPEN!!!!!* :devil::laugh:

Pfffft!!!!

You think there's a can of worms to open with that one?

IN FOR HATE F*CKING!!!

ummmm I'm angry too and I would like an invitation to this party
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    To walk to the end of the driveway to put the kids on the bus & chat w/neighbors: 10 min

To look decent and publicly presentable & grocery shop: 40 min

To look and feel fabulous & meet my husband for lunch: 60 min

The occasion dictates the time spent. I could throw myself together and fly out the door in 15min but I wouldn't feel good about my appearance . I like to feel and look put together when I leave the house. I don't think that makes a woman high maintenance IMO.
  • eloisenetball
    Options
    15mins: Shower, face - cleansed, toned, moisturised, mascara on, and outfit chosen and out of the door!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Wow I suck as a girl. It takes me more than 30 minutes to pick an outfit-even if I already decided what to wear. Hair and makeup is a whole different project. I'm impressed with all you ladies ready to go in record time. And my husband shall never hear of any of you - it's taken years for him to quit griping about how long it takes me to be ready to go, he doesn't need to know there are alternatives.
  • readytocommit114
    Options
    Definitely getting ready in that time, but it takes me about an hour to decide what to have for breakfast, eat it, then undo the whirlwind which seems to have obliterated my kitchen....
    5 mins make up
    10 mins to plait hair
    1 min to get dressed (literally!)
    But I get up at 6;20 and leave at 8:20 simply because I like to take my time when I can and I spend at least an hour doing nothing....
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    5-10 minutes for me to get ready for work. 10-15 minutes to get ready if I'm going out and want to dress up special.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Maybe 20-25 minutes here.. Naturally curly hair and pretty good complexion.
    Wash and wear hair and a dab of foundation, eyeliner & mascara
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    10 mins for shower + 10 minutes dressing up+hair..usually only lipstick as make up..done!!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Pfft, with shower, I'm finished getting ready in 30 minutes. May top out at 35 if I'm moving a little slow.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

But if you are still angry with me, I am sure there are ways we can burn that off. :wink:

Pfffft!!!!i

IN FOR HATE F*CKING!!!

Wait a minute...you hate me? I don't hate you...

:frown:
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Pfffft!!!!i

IN FOR HATE F*CKING!!!

I think she wants you to do some weird anime monster crap with worms...
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sans shower... I'm ready in like 10 to 15 minutes. Clothes... hair... go!

This. I hit the alarm clock several times, lay in bed refusing to get until I have to. Once I actually get OUT of bed, I'd say about ten minutes to get dressed and ready to go. I have no patience with make up, and my hair does whatever it wants - as long as it's brushed and looks presentable, I'm happy.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Pfffft!!!!i

IN FOR HATE F*CKING!!!

actually that would be me. HI WHIERD. :love:
  • whierd
    Options

Pfffft!!!!i

IN FOR HATE F*CKING!!!

Well I DO like anime...
  • whierd
    Options

Pfffft!!!!i

IN FOR HATE F*CKING!!!

actually that would be me. HI WHIERD. :love:

:laugh: