Low Maintenance Women

Options

Replies

• slimcate1971
    Options
    from the quote:
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. I hear you. Sure all you gals can get ready in 30 minutes or less. . . except you START getting ready 10 minutes before we're supposed to leave.

ok... thats funny cuz its true.......:laugh:
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    20 min.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Thirty minutes, sans shower, to get ready is low maintenance? Geezum, thirty minutes is what I spend when I feel like spending a lot of time to get ready. Unless of course, I take a detour to play with my dog. Or my cat decides to make off with some of my make-up.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup anymore (I'm low maintenance but it could also be described as just being lazy and not wanting to bother with the foundation and powder and eye liners....IT NEVER ENDS). I am who I am so why should I hide it is my logic. Only time hair takes longer then 10 minutes is if I straighten it, and I don't do that everyday. Don't go to the salon for anything and I used to dye my hair with store bought dye but now I don't even do that.

....And I like beer so if you wanna make the thread about that now then go for it....:drinker:
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It depends where I'm going and what I need to do. A casual outing, definitely half an hour including shower is plenty of time. If we're dressing up, an hour. And I start getting ready with enough time to leave on time, my boyfriend on the other hand, aargh!
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My entire morning routine--shower, blow dry, getting dressed, etc--takes about 40 minutes. Probably because I don't wear make up, but still.
  • ziggiezambi
    Options
    20min shower, 10min make up, 5min finding my outfit/perfume deodorant, 5min brushing teeth 10min brushing hair= 50minutes, 60 if I straighten my hair. :P But if I get up late I can get ready in 10minutes although a lot of running and swearing is involved... LoL
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. I hear you. Sure all you gals can get ready in 30 minutes or less. . . except you START getting ready 10 minutes before we're supposed to leave.

<raises hand> guilty as charged. You must have been talking with my husband! :blushing:
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    20 minutes to get out of the house with the shower...

Every guy I dated says I'm too low-maintenance still trying to find a happy medium. (although things may be looking up)
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Sans shower....more than enough time...5 mins. changing, dust on some shadow, mascara, and lip gloss, brush my hair, slide in my shoes...and we are out the door. I'm not all that big on make-up. I like it...I don't need it.
  • amyelyseneer
    Options
    well I may have missed it, because wow this thread is long, but Ready for what? For most things, Five minutes. For a night out 20 minutes if I know what I am wearing, 30 if I need to put an outfit together. For a "Special" night out, about an hour.

I find the topic of the "low maintenance/high maintenance woman" amusing since in my house it take about 2 hours to peel various males off of computers only to have them announce they are going to take showers and shave when we are already 2 hours late. Also a lot of my day is taken up cleaning up after and cooking for them, because other wise they'd starve/sit around in a pile of self made filth. I have to make them wake up to get to work, appointments etc, they seem incapable of doing laundry or cleaning dishes, or properly leaving the toilet in a hygienic state when they finished, They can't sew, or do any basic clothing repair, and unless I specifically and repeatedly remind them or give up after three or four requests and do it myself, the cats would starve and have no place to poop and the garbage would never get taken out.

"Taking to long to put make up on" is not high maintenance, not being able to function like an adult because you expect your woman to do all the work for you is high maintenance. The next time your girl keeps you waiting, why don't you use the time to do the dishes or take the garbage out.

You know, that whole, "before you criticize someone else, make sure you're perfect." thing.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    30 minutes and I didn't even have a shower? I'll have time to get some work done while I'm waiting on you!

Give me 5 minutes for general going out and 20 if we're going somewhere special. Add an additional 5 minutes if there's a shower involved. :drinker:
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    30 min just fine with me!
  • stacymarie329
    Options
    It depends what im getting ready for, and how im doing my hair. If im not doing a whole lot and dont need to shave then 30 min is plenty of time....i get ADD tho when im getting ready...music...phone....talking
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Me
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    sans shower? 30 minutes sounds like more than enough time.

This^
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    With 30 minutes I can not only get myself completely ready, but also my son and pick up around the house... I style my hair myself. I get it re-layered every 6 months, but no coloring. I don't get my nails done because I think natural looks better on me. Low maintenance? It sure works for my husband...
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Um, this thread became about beer hours ago.

YEAH. I almost had beer earlier but then I was too lazy to exercise so i didn't. true story.

am I still low maintenance?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Um, this thread became about beer hours ago.

YEAH. I almost had beer earlier but then I was too lazy to exercise so i didn't. true story.

am I still low maintenance?

Sounds like it to me. I did have a beer though, so that makes me temporarily better than you.

tumblr_m4nll47UnY1rou40zo1_500.gif
  • kfdowley
    kfdowley Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sans shower and i'm ready in 15min or so, I generally don't wear any make up etc.