Female users with 'mommy' or 'wifey' in name

Options

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Lol. No one's trying to stalk you. Self-involved much?

Nothing like trying to make nice and have the other person shove it in your face to make you realize that first impressions are usually correct.

I have no idea what you are upset about. I don't think you are trying to stalk me. I do have my reasons for limiting my personal info. It's a judgment call. It has absolutely nothing to do with you or any individual on this website.

My preaching to the choir comment meant that we probably have common ground on our views. Why that upset you, I'm not sure. I don't want you to go to the trouble of preparing me a reading list, because to be frank, I'm not going to read it. Not because you gave it to me or suggested it. But because I don't feel like it. Whether or not I need it is something you can't and won't know.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I am just going to spout off some opinions and not support them at all, because that's the mood I'm in.

- SAHMs put themselves in financial risk when they take years off work. They depend for their survival on a marriage, good or not. Sure they can get alimony if it doesn't work out, but who's to say husband will have a job4life in this economy? So maybe, it could mean, staying in a situation that's not great for you personally, because you have to. Everyone who can should work for that reason alone.

- free/subsidized universal daycare would make it easier for SAHMs to stay economically viable.

- paternal leave should be universal and mandatory. when it's not, many company cultures pressure men not to use it. it should be the same length as maternal leave. that way, everyone splits the risk of the time off, and everyone gets to cuddle a baby for a while.

- instead of sterilizing people, you could educate them.
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options

You're throwing numbers at a problem that has lots of ecological, as well as political and social implications. People don't randomly stake out spaces to live. The live in cities and in communities. Also, you're talking about a lot of rain forest and other ecosystems that really shouldn't be plotted out for humanity to live in and use for agriculture.

I live in a rainforest. Works for me and the rest of SE Alaska.
    [/quote]

You have access to the internet how?
    [/quote]

Tongass National Rain Forest... Look it up!
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    blah blah blah blah, blah blah. Get over it.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    :laugh: wow, never seen this topic as a thread....

my thoughts? We all get to pick our own user name.. so not sure I understand the problem if someone wants to go with something another might not.
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options

You're throwing numbers at a problem that has lots of ecological, as well as political and social implications. People don't randomly stake out spaces to live. The live in cities and in communities. Also, you're talking about a lot of rain forest and other ecosystems that really shouldn't be plotted out for humanity to live in and use for agriculture.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow! I just looked it up! That's totally cool! Not sustainable for large populations, so not completely relevant to the argument, but that's pretty damn awesome!
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Nothing like trying to make nice and have the other person shove it in your face to make you realize that first impressions are usually correct.

I have no idea what you are upset about. I don't think you are trying to stalk me. I do have my reasons for limiting my personal info. It's a judgment call. It has absolutely nothing to do with you or any individual on this website.

My preaching to the choir comment meant that we probably have common ground on our views. Why that upset you, I'm not sure. I don't want you to go to the trouble of preparing me a reading list, because to be frank, I'm not going to read it. Not because you gave it to me or suggested it. But because I don't feel like it. Whether or not I need it is something you can't and won't know.

I wasn't legitimately trying to prepare you a reading list. I really don't put that much effort into strangers on the internet.

And you came off as pretty cold and rude. But that's kind of how you seem to come off in a lot of your posts.

But yeah sure you can have your reasons for not wanting to give out personal information. It still makes you seem self-involved. People on the internet are rarely that interested.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,900 Member
    Options
    I thought people choose screen names to be anonymous on a fitness website, so they choose something fun that DOESN'T define them.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

I wasn't legitimately trying to prepare you a reading list. I really don't put that much effort into strangers on the internet.

And you came off as pretty cold and rude. But that's kind of how you seem to come off in a lot of your posts.

But yeah sure you can have your reasons for not wanting to give out personal information. It still makes you seem self-involved. People on the internet are rarely that interested.

n5laat.jpg
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    wow, I decide to go on a hike and this happens while I'm gone?! why can't this go down when I'm settled down with some ganja and guacamole?
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

I probably came off as cold because I'm restraining myself from saying the actual rude things I'm thinking.

I don't care if you perceive me as self-involved. I don't care what you think about my reasons. You don't know what they are, and I don't need you to.

I also figured you didn't literally mean a reading list. I was again trying to be polite by not sharing what I'm actually thinking. While I don't like you, the only way my thoughts on your reading list comment could be construed would be as dismissive head pats. Again, while I don't like you, I don't need to patronize you to feel better about myself (in the same way I don't need to do a "show me your's and I'll show you mine.")

Since you find me cold and rude, please feel free to put me on ignore. You'll save yourself all this trouble you are going to for this stranger on the internet.
  • adiostrasero
    adiostrasero Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I know a lady whose e-mail is "hislovingwife@..."

... Guh-ross.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Oh look another insecure internet feminist trying to start ****. Sorry, honey, some of us are not ashamed of being mothers and wives like feminism today tries to tell us to be. I am very proud to be a stay at home mom, even if I didn't choose to be. If I was married, I would not be ashamed of it. Most of us don't define ourselves as just one part of our life. Just because they chose to use that important part of their life to represent themselves doesn't mean that's all they do or are.

God, one more of these feminazis spouting off rhetoric without thinking and I will figure out how to strangle someone through the internet.

Oh by the way, before you say anything, I'm not oppressed or subservient to anyone. Including and especially your little Patriarchy fearing cult. *growls*
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Wow! I just looked it up! That's totally cool! Not sustainable for large populations, so not completely relevant to the argument, but that's pretty damn awesome!
    [/quote]

Relevance... right! The point being "Female users with 'mommy' or 'wifey' in name.

Sustainable for large populations?! We are the largest state in the US as far as land is concerned. We harvest mass quantities of salmon, wild game, mine, log and have a trans-Alaska crude- oil pipeline running through our state. I'm not going to complain about a PFD either! I think we hold our own pretty well. More people would come if they could afford to. So... Fithooker, you should bring the whole fandamily and keep populating up here, we have room for you and the crew!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Oh look another insecure internet feminist trying to start ****. Sorry, honey, some of us are not ashamed of being mothers and wives like feminism today tries to tell us to be. I am very proud to be a stay at home mom, even if I didn't choose to be. If I was married, I would not be ashamed of it. Most of us don't define ourselves as just one part of our life. Just because they chose to use that important part of their life to represent themselves doesn't mean that's all they do or are.

God, one more of these feminazis spouting off rhetoric without thinking and I will figure out how to strangle someone through the internet.

Oh by the way, before you say anything, I'm not oppressed or subservient to anyone. Including and especially your little Patriarchy fearing cult. *growls*

Well, to be fair, emma IS only 23 years old. We can always hope that some life experience will ground her a little.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    wow, I decide to go on a hike and this happens while I'm gone?! why can't this go down when I'm settled down with some ganja and guacamole?

Pass both, please.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    How about names with bacon?
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

It could be worse. I have to take part in it to even get to see it. All the good stuff gets deleted while I'm at work.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    How about names with bacon?

Good god! Please let's not go full circle I don't think the pulsing vein in the side of my forehead is up to it :sad:
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Why does it bother you? I just took the name MFP gave me when I signed up and don't really care but the two things I do best are being a wife and a mother, and I have a very successful career as a Quality Manager as well. None of those things "identify" me but they are part of my identity.
This discussion has been closed.