What is the nastiest piece of food you have ever chewed on?

Options

Replies

• JenniferPlus2
    JenniferPlus2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    pickles and hominy ... blech :sick:
  • TheCalorieSMASHER
    TheCalorieSMASHER Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Liver. :sick:
  • CycleGuy9000
    Options
    Peas, they're nasty, I hate them, like little green eyeballs, blech!
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Celery...just thinking about celery makes me gag! And green peppers...YUK!
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Brown rice...
  • molligamy
    molligamy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Jellyfish - I am not sure if it was fried or boiled or what, but I never expected it to be crunchy!!
  • desertSNOUT
    Options
    Egg plant specifically at panda express... this was years ago.
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    I don't know if this counts, but...Wasabi. It wasn't so much the spiciness of it that got me, that I could stand, it was just the taste. The taste was just...ugh...makes me cringe thinking about it.
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    swiss cheese
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bitter melon. Yuck!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this counts, but...Wasabi. It wasn't so much the spiciness of it that got me, that I could stand, it was just the taste. The taste was just...ugh...makes me cringe thinking about it.

I'm the same way. It didn't really seem all that spicy to me, but tasted like I was eating rancid wood :sick:
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Rocket (arugula for any Americans). Rocket is the food of the devil. 1999 through 2001 were cruel years - it was the new trendy thing in London and you couldn't get a salad or sandwich anywhere without it. Things have tapered off a bit since we discovered kale and wheatgrass and goji berries and all those other food-of-the-moment things, but I still am pathological about checking ingredients on prepacked sandwiches and salads, and in restaurants it's pretty common for me to get an unpleasant surprise and end up picking it out of my food while friends look on in shock and horror. It's like the catfish of foods, too - it takes so many forms I often think I'm getting a nice piece of lettuce or dandelion or shepherd's purse, and instead it turns out to be the seed of all evil.

Flame away. I'm fully aware that I am probably the only person on here who finds the stuff gag-worthy. :)
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Fizzy yoghurt.

Just kidding I love a little bit of fizzy yoghurt!
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    anything in jail.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Olives. I love olive oil, but olives and I just don't get along. I wish I did like them though. They're so pretty on salads and fancy in martini glases.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Rocket (arugula for any Americans). Rocket is the food of the devil. 1999 through 2001 were cruel years - it was the new trendy thing in London and you couldn't get a salad or sandwich anywhere without it. Things have tapered off a bit since we discovered kale and wheatgrass and goji berries and all those other food-of-the-moment things, but I still am pathological about checking ingredients on prepacked sandwiches and salads, and in restaurants it's pretty common for me to get an unpleasant surprise and end up picking it out of my food while friends look on in shock and horror. It's like the catfish of foods, too - it takes so many forms I often think I'm getting a nice piece of lettuce or dandelion or shepherd's purse, and instead it turns out to be the seed of all evil.

Flame away. I'm fully aware that I am probably the only person on here who finds the stuff gag-worthy. :)

Nope, with you on this one. It always tastes unwashed to me :sick:
  • LSeales
    LSeales Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with any kind of fruit. Blech!!!! I can eat them separately just fine. Oh and that disgusting jellied cranberry stuff around Thanksgiving.
  • dfast12
    dfast12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    ● peas (luckily i'm allergic to them)

● lima beans

● beets

● black licorice

● black licorice jelly beans

They should all go extinct! ASAP!
    :sick:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Oh and that disgusting jellied cranberry stuff around Thanksgiving.

I love that disgusting jellied cranberry stuff!

for me it would probably have to be a grilled portabella "burger"......blech. It's NOT a burger. Not even close.