Join me! Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid starts today!!!

Options

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    My scale gave me a nice present this morning... 159.9 lbs! It's hardly in the 150's, but it's there so I'm officially a member of the club. I'm really watching what I eat this week so that I can get a good number at my weigh in Friday. I'd like to be down to 159.0. I've been averaging a pound a week for the last month, and I tend to stay the same weight through the weekend and then between Tues-Fri drop a pound. Confusing, but I'll take it.

No TF or CLX on my agenda today, I'm going to do 4 or 5 laps around the lake instead. Hopefully the rain we're supposed to get holds off. It's already cold out... lots of layers for me!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: YAY SARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even 1/10th of a pound into 159s is still IN. You go girl! Congratulations.

Sharon
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Good morning girls! Well, today was Push Circuit 2 and Abs 10. I think I've said it before but I'll say it again..........that ab workout is KILLER!!! But I love it! It's like my relationship with Ab Ripper X; I hate it, but I love it!

I can't wait to start the HIIT workouts next week and really start burning some extra goo off!

Sara: Congrats to you girl!!!! Sharon's right, you're IN!!!! Way to go! How was your walk around the lake?

Sharon: Hope you had a great workout today! It was nice chatting with you!

I hope all the other lovely ladies have an awesome day and a good workout! The holidays are right around the corner, don't give up now!

I'm off to find some stuff for my Halloween costume today; I'll be checking back in a little later! Make it a good one!

Deb
  • ashiteru
    Options
    WHAT IS TURBO FIRE? AND CHAELEAN EXTREME HYBRID? ARE THEY WORKOUT DISC LIKE P90X?
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hey Guys! Happy Hump Day!

Since week 12 is a recovery week in the Turbo Fire schedule today I did Stretch 40. Didn't even bother checking BB for a calorie burn afterward since I know it will be minimal and I didn't want to frustrate myself. Plan to do an hour walk with my husband and puppy this evening for some cardio. I almost threw in a HIIT just to raise my heart rate but then I talked myself out of it because Chalene knows what she's doing and if she wants me to just stretch and allow my body to recover then darn it I will (even if I feel really lazy doing it)!:laugh:

Deb thanks for the chat yesterday. We're definitely intrigued about the coaching business and helping others lead a more healthy lifestyle.

A****eru - have you ever seen Chalene Johnson's Turbo Jam? Turbo Fire is an amped up version...and Chalean Extreme is her weight lifting program. Both dvd programs are available through Beachbody which is where P90X comes from. Different type of workout program than P90X and another awesome trainer (just like Tony!). You should check it out on the beachbody website.

Have a great rest of your day everyone!
    Sharon
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I did Fire 55EZ today, that was a good one! I really liked the combos, especially the finale, Chalene was right! My kicks are getting so much better than when I started. I burned 500 calories, and I wasn't too tired by the end of it, the finale gave me a good boost of energy.

I also am loving my scale lately, it said 159.4 lbs this morning. I should definitely hit 159.0 or lower for Friday. I also ordered my Halloween costume today! I'm a 1940's pin up girl and the costume it HOT! I'm gonna work hard this month so I look my best in it. I ran/walked 4 laps around the lake yesterday, it was chilly and windy and a lot harder to run. I didn't manage the mile I usually can run without stopping, but it was still a good 40 minute workout.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Great workouts today. I got in Burn Circuit 2, Core 20 and HIIT 20 plus an hour of jogging. I feel so good. I love strength days.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hello ladies! Well, busy day yesterday and another busy day today and tomorrow! Trying to get prepared for a booth that I'm doing at the local ADA walk on Saturday.

So, the workout this morning has been put off but I will definately get it in today, don't you worry! I plan on doing TF 55 EZ because it is such a calorie burner!

A****eru: I second what Sharon said about the programs. They are both produced by the same company that produces P90X; at home workout systems that work!!!

Sharon: Wow, you're in your recovery week already, that's great! I hear ya on the calorie burn during those weeks but your body does need to rest. I always struggle myself with recovery weeks because I just want to keep burning up those calories! How is the stretch video? I haven't done it yet. Hope you have a great day and I'll follow up with you tomorrow!

Sara: Way to go! I know you'll hit your mark! You are one determined girl! I like it! Your Halloween costume sounds really cute!!! I love that era! I am still working on mine, I'll have to post pics when it's all done. Glad you had a good walk/run! Keep up the good work!

Robin: Wow! Way to bring it girl! Good for you! I also love my strength days! Although I can't wait to start my HIITS next week because I made the mistake of getting on the scale this morning and I've gained 2lbs!!!! WHAT?!!! But, I know it's because of this Push Phase, happens every time! I know I'll lose it again next month!

Well girls, I'm off again. I'll be back later to let you know how my workout goes! Keep rockin' it!

Deb
  • telcochik
    Options
    Deb - the Stretch 40 program combines yoga poses with deep stretching moves. I HATE yoga so I end up grumbling my way through 3/4 of the pure yoga poses and then I give up and fast forward to the stretching portion.

Did 45 EZ and Stretch 10 today. Another sweaty mess but I burned 477 calories!

Hope you all have a fantastic day!
    Sharon
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Samantha and I am addicted to Chalene Johnson workouts! I discovered her about 3 and 1/2 years ago and have done Turbo Jam off and on and now am doing Chalean Extreme. I finish that on Sunday the 10th of October and am planning to start Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme Hybrid about a week or so after that. I have been doing the Turbo Fire workouts in the mornings and they are so much fun! I love it! I have 10 lbs to go to my goal and hope that Chalene can help me get there.

Just wanted to know everyone's opinion on how things are going with both CX and Turbo Fire together...? I can't wait to see what kind of results I get.
  • afeinberg
    afeinberg Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Off to girls night out - good thing i did fire 45 today to get a good burn....
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Ok girls, I'm back for the day! Let me tell ya, when I make up for a workout, I make up for a workout! I just got done with Turbo Fire HIIT 30 and Brazil Butt Lift High & Tight! And let me tell ya......the calories were a burning!!!!! Love it!

Samantha: Welcome! Glad to have you! How are you liking Chalean Extreme? You will love Turbo Fire for sure! If you love Turbo Jam; it's that times 100!!!! Tons of fun and lots of energy! So far, I am loving the hybrid! I am one who always wants to make sure I get in my strength training so it's a great combo!

Allison: Hey girl! Glad to see you again! Hope you have fun at your girls' night out! Way to go on getting in a good burn before hand! Hope all is well!

Well, it's shower time and dinner for me girls! Hope you all have a great evening!

Deb
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! so today i did Core 20 for the first time.. i'm officially a week into Turbo Fire, yay!! wow was my body burning during that 20 minutes lol. def a love/hate thing. i'm pretty sure i'll still be feeling it during Fire 45 tomorrow. her core workouts are so great, plus you can't beat the short workout time.

Deb, how do you like the Brazil Butt Lift? i have a friend who's been interested in starting it, but is afraid it would get too complicated.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Last day of week 12 recovery week so another session of Stretch 40...yawn! LOL! Have 2 rest days now scheduled for the weekend so I will be walking tomorrow and Sunday to burn calories.

Week 13 has 2 days of TF 60!!! Yay new workouts...can't wait!

Welcome Samantha! I'm only doing TF now but I did CLX before I started. Plan to do the hybrid after I finish so I'll be interested to see how people combine the workouts.

Hope you guys have a great day!
    Sharon
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hi ladies! Well, today I switched it up a little; I did Turbo Fire Tone 30 and OMG! Those bands are no joke!!!! My arms and shoulders were on fire! Love it! I also finished it up with Abs 10; love that workout!

Allie: Glad you're loving the workouts! They just keep getting better! I was actually doubtful about BBL at first but after doing one workout, Leandro changed my mind!!! This stuff works! My bum bum is tighter and higher! No joke! And my thighs are smaller too! My friend actually told me yesterday that she thought my thighs looked more smaller and toned! Yeah!!!! I give it a big thumbs up!

Sharon: Woo hoo! Recovery week almost over! Yeah! You are gonna love the upcoming workouts! So much fun!

Hello to all the other lovely ladies! Hope you're having a great day and Happy Friday!!!

Deb
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    hi all, I just couldn't get my energy up to do fire 55 ez yesterday so I only did ab jam and some walking. I was back today in full force with Fire 45EZ and Burn Circuit3 ans stretch10 plus an hour on the treadmill. I feel great and it means I can have some wine with dinner tonight. Yay!!!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    hi all, I just couldn't get my energy up to do fire 55 ez yesterday so I only did ab jam and some walking. I was back today in full force with Fire 45EZ and Burn Circuit3 ans stretch10 plus an hour on the treadmill. I feel great and it means I can have some wine with dinner tonight. Yay!!!

Dang girl! You were in full force! Enjoy your glass of wine!
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I went for a nice run/walk today, did 5K total. And did much more walking than running this time. I was having issues breathing with all the fluffy stuff floating around in the air around the lake and it was making me cough and my eyes water. It was still a nice hour of exercise, very relaxing! Tomorrow morning I'll be doing Push 2 and some sort of TF workout. I'm gonna be busy busy tomorrow after that, I'm going to the Fall Festival near here for the afternoon with my cousins and then my booze cruise is tomorrow night! I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna get there, it's 40 minutes away but the Metro (aka Subway, Underground, whatnot) is under construction and the schedules are all wacky. I'm looking for someone to carpool with right now, but since I don't know anyone going, I'm just posting on the RSVP page for the event and hoping someone is willing.

Anyway, everyone here is doing so well! The magic of Chalene! I lost a whopping 2.2 lbs this week!!! I've cut down on my calories and sodium this week and it's worked so well! I've kept up with exercise too, I think I finally have things figured out. I feel really great about myself and I"m looking forward to everything I'm doing this month. Keep it up girls!
  • 00trayn
    Options
    Double post...
  • telcochik
    Options
    Wow you guys...you are all on fire! So many workouts...so little time. Soon we'll have to come up with a new name for our little group...and it has to include the word "skinny" cause that's what we're all going to be!!!

Deb - sorry I didn't respond to your earlier email. I haven't had a moment to watch the video yet but I do want to talk some more afterwards. We're going on vacation for a week starting next Saturday so let's catch up when I get back. I'll let you know when is a good time.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Finishing up with 2 rest days per the week 12 schedule...lots of walking on tap for me to keep the lazies away.

Sharon