What is the nastiest piece of food you have ever chewed on?

Options

Replies

• manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    any kind of offal ie kidney, brains, liver, tripe *vomit*
    oysters & mussels
    Pork Belly - never had it and never will
    anchovies - hate those hairy little buggers.
    olives
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Tripe (edible part of a cows stomach) stew a.k.a Mondongo is a big thing in my heritage and just the smell makes me want to puke. :sick:
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Those Harry Potter Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, they were so disgusting I almost vomited http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Bertie_Bott's_Every_Flavour_Beans
  • fivepence
    fivepence Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Rocket (arugula for any Americans). Rocket is the food of the devil. 1999 through 2001 were cruel years - it was the new trendy thing in London and you couldn't get a salad or sandwich anywhere without it. Things have tapered off a bit since we discovered kale and wheatgrass and goji berries and all those other food-of-the-moment things, but I still am pathological about checking ingredients on prepacked sandwiches and salads, and in restaurants it's pretty common for me to get an unpleasant surprise and end up picking it out of my food while friends look on in shock and horror. It's like the catfish of foods, too - it takes so many forms I often think I'm getting a nice piece of lettuce or dandelion or shepherd's purse, and instead it turns out to be the seed of all evil.

Flame away. I'm fully aware that I am probably the only person on here who finds the stuff gag-worthy. :)

I'm with you on this one! Rocket is the very worst. Evil is the correct word for it.
    I'm also not a fan of coriander.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    A hamburger I bought from a fish and chip shop and there was some sort of grub still on the lettuce which I didn't see of course. Woah! It was the most vile thing I ever tasted and I can eat almost anything. I was not happy!
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    Rocket (arugula for any Americans). Rocket is the food of the devil. 1999 through 2001 were cruel years - it was the new trendy thing in London and you couldn't get a salad or sandwich anywhere without it. Things have tapered off a bit since we discovered kale and wheatgrass and goji berries and all those other food-of-the-moment things, but I still am pathological about checking ingredients on prepacked sandwiches and salads, and in restaurants it's pretty common for me to get an unpleasant surprise and end up picking it out of my food while friends look on in shock and horror. It's like the catfish of foods, too - it takes so many forms I often think I'm getting a nice piece of lettuce or dandelion or shepherd's purse, and instead it turns out to be the seed of all evil.

Flame away. I'm fully aware that I am probably the only person on here who finds the stuff gag-worthy. :)

I'm with you on this one! Rocket is the very worst. Evil is the correct word for it.
    I'm also not a fan of coriander.

cant stand coriander blergh, beetroot, sardines and any canned fish except Tuna, or canned meats yuck
  • bantamspaul
    bantamspaul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Love corander and rocket. Boringly, I hate Marmite and celery
  • zettatini
    Options
    Scottish egg, yech.....
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Sea urchin sushi...just saying it makes me puke a little in my mouth.

Another vote for sea urchin - crunchy AND jelly-like at the same time. It's just not RIGHT!
  • Anita_hoar12345
    Options
    olives
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Most dutch people will recognize this, called Kapsalon, it's SOOO nasty, at least for me now. Almost 2500 call's for this cup of food...
    This:

kapsalon.jpg

From Wikipedia: "Kapsalon is a Dutch food item consisting of fries, topped with döner or shawarma meat, grilled with a layer of Gouda cheese until melted and then subsequently covered with a layer of dressed salad greens."

It actually sounded good, up until the "layer of dressed salad greens" - Yech!
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh and that disgusting jellied cranberry stuff around Thanksgiving.

I love that disgusting jellied cranberry stuff!

for me it would probably have to be a grilled portabella "burger"......blech. It's NOT a burger. Not even close.

TOTALLY AGREE!!!! Just plain nasty! The word burger should not even be added on the menu with this mushroom!
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - beef tongue - given to me as a child - my mom didn't tell us what it was! Oh my gosh, I could feel the taste buds and we all (six of us kids) spit it out at the same time. I'm sure my mom got a really good laugh out of that one. :noway:
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that it is my mother's "Salmon Wiggle"

Canned Salmon
    Milk
    Canned Peas

She would pour this liquid evil over crackers. Sometimes, she would add mashed potato flakes and bake it in a pie. :noway: :frown: :sick:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Barbecued Pig's Ear.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Texture wise I'm gonna have to go with dango. It's a Japanese dish that was prepared for my Japanese culture club by some of the actual Japanese students on campus. It's pretty much a ball of dough.. but in a light brown sweet sauce.... and it was served kind of cold.The first time I tried it, I wanted to vomit so badly but didn't want to offend the students who put so much effort into making food for us.. so with a heavy heart I swallowed it....but never again. Ya hear me?

That had the mitarashi sauce (which I don't like). However, if you get dango with the sweet red bean paste, it's pretty friggin' delicious. It's just kind of chewy and sweet. Mmm.
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant I was addicted to Country Kitchen's calico bean soup so my boss gave me a recipe to make it at home in the crock pot. She said to be sure to put a ham hock in it for flavor. Oh dear gawd! The smell was like dirty sweaty feet! I tried to dispose of it but I was heaving so hard I dropped the whole crock pot of it on the floor. I was home alone so I was heaving and wretching the whole time trying to clean it up. I will never ever EVER eat calico bean soup AGAIN!!
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that it is my mother's "Salmon Wiggle"

Canned Salmon
    Milk
    Canned Peas

She would pour this liquid evil over crackers. Sometimes, she would add mashed potato flakes and bake it in a pie. :noway: :frown: :sick:

:laugh: :sick: :laugh: :sick: I don't know if that is funnier than it is disgusting or more disgusting than it is funny!!
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Quest chocolate chip cookie dough bars...yuck......and I tried raccoon and squirrel once at a New Year's Eve BBQ.