Skinny/Fit people trying to have Fat people problems

Options

Replies

• trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    right, because six packs automatically bestow the wearer with infinite confidence, mental fortitude, and a desire to let everyone in real life stare at their unclothed body
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

Hi. I'm Mr. Six pack from the other thread you are talking about. Until the last couple of years I have always been in the extremely overweight/obese category. I apologize for making you feel bad or what you would consider fat shaming. This was nowhere close to the purpose of the thread. My body is relatively new to me and I'm still trying to find my bearings with it after all the hard work I put in. Until recently I was shy to even take my shirt off at the beach or a pool. This is all new to me and I thought my question was valid as to what is acceptable and not douchy to do. You will have to excuse me while I learn.

So Mr Six Pack is a measured, calm, rational man with self-awareness, bags of humility AND a six pack? Is that even possible? :love:

Yep, is this real life?

Impressed. :heart:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    The displays of 'fattism,' here on MFP are kinda freakin' me out.

discrimination.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Hi. I'm Mr. Six pack from the other thread you are talking about. Until the last couple of years I have always been in the extremely overweight/obese category. I apologize for making you feel bad or what you would consider fat shaming. This was nowhere close to the purpose of the thread. My body is relatively new to me and I'm still trying to find my bearings with it after all the hard work I put in. Until recently I was shy to even take my shirt off at the beach or a pool. This is all new to me and I thought my question was valid as to what is acceptable and not douchy to do. You will have to excuse me while I learn.

So Mr Six Pack is a measured, calm, rational man with self-awareness, bags of humility AND a six pack? Is that even possible? :love:

Yep, is this real life?

Or is this fantasy?
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options

Yep, is this real life?

Or is this fantasy?

Caught in a landslide....
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    For instance: one guy on here, who is really fit, 6 pack and all, is asking if he should run shirtless or not.

I'm fat I would never think of running shirtless.

So, why make fat people feel bad when you question your six pack body to go on a shirtless run?

If you are referring to the thread I think you are then I believe OP had the intent to inquire about when it was socially acceptable to run shirtless. I see no reason to believe he had the intent to make anyone else feel bad.
  • whierd
    Options

Yep, is this real life?

Or is this fantasy?

No escape from reality...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Yep, is this real life?

Or is this fantasy?

Open your eyes....
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Never posted here before but I am "thin" but was a fat kid for a several years. Some of us never really get past the body image
    issues or at least I never have. That said I never like to see any man running shirtless because I always wonder WHY do that?

Why run shirtless?

Because it is hot. Because you want a tan. Because you like the feel of the wind and sun on your skin. Just because you want to.

Why on earth are you bothered that someone is doing something you don't get why? Jesus. There's a ton of hobbies I don't get. Doesn't mean my blood boils when I observe someone quilt or collect stamps or play a video game or discuss cosplaying their favorite fantasy character at the next comicon.

Again, folks. Boundaries. Get some. If someone has interests and activities that have no bearing on you, why are you getting your nose out of joint?

I hope you and the OP can have a lovely life filled with evenings spent judging the **** out of other people and then smuggly citing your right to your own opinion when you are judged yourself. Sounds like fun.

I think I might go for a run in my running bra in the rain.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    For instance: one guy on here, who is really fit, 6 pack and all, is asking if he should run shirtless or not.

So, why make fat people feel bad when you question your six pack body to go on a shirtless run?
    Something to consider. Peoples insecurities are their own.
    I'm sure Mr. Six pack meant no disrespect.

Just because you think Mr. six pack is in great shape and could get away with running shirtless, doesn't mean Mr. six pack sees it that way.

I don't think you owe anyone an apology, you earned the body you have, now go out there and run shirtless!!!
  • whierd
    Options

Yep, is this real life?

Or is this fantasy?

Open your eyes....

Look up to the sky and seeeeeeeeeeee
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, the classic 'I'm larger than you therefore your opinions and struggles in life are invalid'.

Classy.
  • klerato
    Options

Just because you think Mr. six pack is in great shape and could get away with running shirtless, doesn't mean Mr. six pack sees it that way.

AAAAWWWW, Congrats on your success!That was so nice of you to respond the way you did.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Being skinny does not equal being confident.

This may be true, but skinny people can tie their shoes and wipe their *kitten* easier than a fat person. That's nothing to do with confidence, it's just how it is. Those are fat people problems.
    *snort*
  • LMick1986
    Options

But that's not a fat person problem. No fat person would even consider/question running with their shirt off.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I love skinny girls who complain about wearing the next size up. "Ugh! I'm so fat, I have to get a size six jeans instead of a size four." If I could squeeze into a size six, I'd celebrate with half a cake, because I have actual fat person problems- like celebrating a loss with food.

That's a little different. It's thoughtless to complain about your size when you're around other people, especially if they're larger than you, because then you're implying that everyone else is beyond fat. Many fit people celebrate with food, and that's a problem for anyone who celebrates too much.
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    these kind of threads are the reason i don't like people very much. just worry about your own damn self. you do not know what it feels like to be in any one else's body except yours.

So how can anybody say they know how I feel,
    The only one around here who is me, is me.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    centre-of-the-universe1.jpg

^
  • Full4Life
    Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
    Options

This, totally. I am DEADLY insecure... part of it is because I have ALWAYS been at least a little overweight. I guess I could be considered "fit" now, but it's REALLY, REALLY hard to see myself that way.

I was literally shocked when I was at the beach this past summer and people were suddenly looking at me differently. I felt VERY self-conscious!
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options

Yep, is this real life?

Or is this fantasy?

Open your eyes....

Look up to the sky and seeeeeeeeeeee

I ****ing love this forum. <3