Worst compliment you've ever gotten.

Options

Replies

• aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    "I hate tattoos and think they're tacky, but I just wanted to say that your back piece* is really pretty."

* I also had four other tattoos showing at the time.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Conversation with a coworker from when I was 16 or 17:

Him: You're still a virgin? I have a lot of friends--one of them might want to f*** you.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    "Once you get these braces off you're going to be very pretty" said my orthodontist.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    "I would totally sleep with someone your age."
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend said, "You know why I love you...because you're not a "pretty" girl".
    Ouch.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I worked in a small town bar in college and 2 of the regular townies used to call me lifters.....I didn't really get why until a few months later when they were refering to my bewbs being so big you'd need lifters to move them......and not once did those *kitten* tip me!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My *best* friend in high school, "I think boys like you because you're accessible."

A guy in high school, "You have bodacious ta-ta's."

I've also gotten the "you'd be so pretty if you lost weight" comments. Cuz you know, you can't be pretty if you're overweight.

One that I said and then wanted to hide under a rock because I realized how bad it sounded, "Your feet are as soft as a gynecologists hands!" :blushing: At least that one was to my husband and he's used to me opening my mouth and stupid coming out.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    "That dress would look so good on me!!" :grumble:
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend said, "You know why I love you...because you're not a "pretty" girl".
    Ouch.

:noway: I'm glad to hear he's an "ex" boyfriend....
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    "You're really sturdy looking, like not like one of those little skinny girls, you know? You're like sturdy." - said by one of the 30ish year old body builders that I chat with in the weight section at my gym.
    While I don't want to be skinny per say, I'm not sure sturdy was what I was going for, but thanks anyway guy. I think he meant it as a compliment but still....
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Not my own, but a close friend was once told that she was built like a brick sh@thouse. Come again? We mulled it over for DAYS and finally decided it was meant as a compliment since she had just finished a rather intense weight lifting program and was in the best shape of her life. Just odd...who wants to be compared to an OUT HOUSE for God sake?!?!?

I was told this once years ago and also mulled over it forever. I'm still not sure if it was good or bad. lol. I'm mean yeah, it's an outhouse so eww and brick indicates it's pretty solid so idk. I think I've put entirely too much energy into deciphering this! haha

I've also heard that I would be really pretty with bangs to balance my forehead (my hairline grows in such a way that bangs are impossible for me). That I've got quite a butt for a white girl. That I'd have a great figure, if I were taller. That they'd never guess I was THAT old (35). People must love backhand compliments!
  • KrystleKiri
    Options
    So sick of being told, "oh my gosh! you weigh 200 pounds!? you carry the weight so well!"

I mean, I know they're trying to be nice but geez... shut up lol
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    After hitting my ultimate goal weight of losing 60 lbs, my ex said, "You're starting to look decent.". :grumble:
  • tbaby1279
    tbaby1279 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You're cute for a CHUBBY girl! I was hot as fire!!:mad:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    'Wow you have very long arms' I was 16. To this day I still compare my arms to others to make sure I don't really have long arms.

From ex mother in law I got the 'you got wide hips but it's ok you have the breasts to go with it'. Thanks I guess?
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    "You only weigh "x" amount? With those thighs?"
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    "You were an accident, but we eventually decided to keep you."

-- Mom
  • shelbelw
    shelbelw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look pretty good when you're all sweaty and gross.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

'Whats your ethnicity? You don't look normal.'

LoL! I got that one too! I had 2 separate people come up to me and ask me what my ethnicity is, and when I told them, western European, they both said "no, thats not it, you have a look about you........when I asked them what they meant by that, they said I had an "exotic" look. I didnt take it as a compliment! WTH?

I know!

I've even gotten '..What are you?'
    Me: '...human?'

I've also gotten the "What are you?"
    :huh:

And not me, but my mom had someone say "Ooo, I love your accent. Where are you from?"
    Mom: "I grew up in Mexico."
    Weirdo: "Nooooo, that's not it..."
    :noway: 'Scuse me?
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    "I hate tattoos and think they're tacky, but I just wanted to say that your back piece* is really pretty."

* I also had four other tattoos showing at the time.

Yes, yes, yes! I hate these kind of "compliments" and I get this from time to time (I have 20 tats) or the,"Tattoos aren't for me, I would never get one, but I like yours", and I've actually said,"I wasn't thinking of you when I got mine", and their reaction is either, they weren't expecting me to say something in return or they feel the need to justify themselves by their off-handed remark.