Worst compliment you've ever gotten.

Options

Replies

• the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    That I have a nice name and its the name of their Dog and that i remind them of their dog.. yea ive had that one soo many times. Yea the last lady was like omg your just like my dog.. omg so not a compliment mmkay even if u love your dog its not ok.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Some guy told me "Baby you thick!" he liked thick woman and thought it was a complement but to me I took it as I have a fat *kitten* lol
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    "Wow, you're almost hot enough to *kitten*!" :huh:

Pre-losing weight. This.
  • mcibty
    Options
    I'd totally bone you if you lost 2 stone.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    That I have a nice name and its the name of their Dog and that i remind them of their dog.. yea ive had that one soo many times. Yea the last lady was like omg your just like my dog.. omg so not a compliment mmkay even if u love your dog its not ok.

Begs the question what IS your name... is it something like Lulu or Fifi?? :huh:
  • Dannie23187
    Options
    You've got a lovely figure considering you've had 2kids! What??
  • ankatja
    ankatja Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "Wow, you have a big butt. In other countries, you'd be hot." - from my trainer. :)))
  • mcibty
    Options
    I've gotten several times that I was really "f**kable".......um, thank you? wth???

That's a bad compliment, why??
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I was recently told by a co worker that while i have done a great job losing weight/getting fit my uniform hides it but, your FB pictures of your journey make you look mannish now.

But, after i got over the sting i started thinking.....im going to take that as a compliment and run with it :) I work hard on my body and am proud of what she calls mannish.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I've gotten several times that I was really "f**kable".......um, thank you? wth???

That's a bad compliment, why??

It's the context in which it was said....
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    recently some creepo says to me! " you look hot! just like my mum infact!!" BOAK!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    "I'd do ya"

from a sleezy nasty looking co worker who really thought he was giving me THE compliment of the day

:huh: uh no ya wont

:laugh:

Or my ex

"How much weight did you lose?''

"TWENTY POUNDS" :happy: :happy: :happy: (dancing happy shaking my butt)

"Oh, is that all?"

(later to tell me it was meant as a compliment.....never figured it out but you notice the EX in the sentence:wink: )
  • redmamacita
    redmamacita Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    "you'd make a really pretty plus-size model."
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You look good for having kids. Because mom = lard troll ??

Same thing here! I mean seriously!
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    recently some creepo says to me! " you look hot! just like my mum infact!!" BOAK!!!!

EWE!!:sick:
  • jamantha
    jamantha Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    "Of course they don't believe your age, fat people always look younger"
  • Mareebzz
    Mareebzz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow are you pretty, you would be gorgeous if you lost 30lbs. NO JOKE. Heard it from an old timer while I was bartending at the local bar.

Yup, I heard this one too. Except it was from someone I had just started dating at the time, and it was 50# not 30. Nice, huh? :ohwell: :huh:
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    "You're big-boned like your Father so you really don't look that bad carrying around the extra weight. Besides, (gives me a wink) we all know guys like big boobs."

Yeah, thanks Mom...
  • njspratt
    Options
    Just had a read through this thread - some are absolute shockers!

Mine are:
    1) from a former work colleague "congratulating" me on my weight loss - "Yeah, I can tell you've lost a bit, your neck looks really thin". Erm...thanks?

2) from an ex - "you were just the fat c*nt who lay next to me in bed and never touched me". W*nker!

3) from a stranger who a mutual male friend introduced me to - "You've got a face like a bag of spanners". Lovely.

4) from Mother-in-Law - "I don't know why you're bothering to try and lose weight, your Mum's fat". FYI, the MIL is also trying to lose weight to go from a size 16 and she has a size 8/10 daughter. Of course, I was so shocked when she said it, this information completely disappeared from my mind, damnit!
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Worst genuine compliment:

First date with my BFF who I'd loved since we were 16. (We were about 20 when this happened.) I dress up, pretty dress, hair up, got my nails done. We're in the restaurant, and he's gazing at me. I smile.

"What's up?"

"I was just thinking..."

Ooh, he's about to say something nice!

"It's actually a good thing your nose isn't any smaller, or your face would look unbalanced."

Facepalm.

Again, this was a GENUINE compliment. Over the years I've told the story to friends and family members, inevitably to either looks of horror or screams of laughter, and he always looks confused, like, "What did I say that's so wrong?" Chufflebrain. He's still my BFF, but I don't bother to do my hair or nails when we go out nowadays, and my clothing choices are determined by whether it shows enough leg for him to not be looking at my face.

Worst "compliment":

Some youngling PUA who'd been trying out negging on me:

Him: You know, you're kind of pretty. Not my type, but pretty.

Me: Thanks.

Him: Oh my god, your nose is all red and shiny, it's so cute! You look like an Eskimo.

Me: I am.

Him: [face falls] Uh, what?

Me: I am. Good eyes. Most people don't pick up on that.

Him: Oh...um...thanks. [clearly at a loss as to where he should now go with this, shuffles away]

(Edited for typo.)