Worst compliment you've ever gotten.

Replies

• jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    From a guy friend who isn't exactly winning any beauty pageants himself: "You have the personality, just not the body." I went home afterwards and cried. :(
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Someone called me skinny once.... made me :sad:
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    "I don't care what anyone else thinks. I think you are beautiful!!" LOL Really?!?! Guessing the rest of the world thinks I'm atrocious! LOL
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    just last week, "I feel so fat and my husband doesn't like me like this. I was 115 when we met and sometimes he will tell me not to have seconds because I have gained so much weight. My sister in law has gotten really skinny and she said she just stopped eating to lose weight.. But you are a big girl and that's your thing."

Don't really think that's a compliment, but I took it as one because I'm not crash dieting to please my *kitten* husband.
  • JoyceMakker
    JoyceMakker Posts: 21 Member
    Before losing weight, an older (bigger) woman who I hadn't seen for years told me: "I am SO GLAD you gained some weight! You always looked so fragile to me, like you could break at the slightest touch, like a twig."

Gee, thanks. Yeah gaining weight is the best thing that ever happened to me.....
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    "You are everything I ever wanted in a woman... Smart, kind, fun... but you just aren't pretty enough"

Said by my SO 10 months after the birth of our second child when we had a brand new 2 year old and a 10 month old at home. I guess the first part was a compliment, right?
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    I've also gotten, "You're mixed? Oh, well, you're white enough to pass." (It's always been from tourists in London, and I've had to actually explain that in England this is not something many people, if anyone, wants to hear.) Yeesh.
  • tomich54
    tomich54 Posts: 99 Member
    "You could really be beautiful if you lost some serious weight" or my favorite "You have a really pretty face".
    :mad: :explode: :noway: :sad:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    "I'm proud of you for losing weight. But I preferred it when you had bigger boobs."
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    "you don't sound like you're from West Virginia."

um... thanks?

Locals would say this to me when I was growing up. Pretty consistently. I took it as a compliment.
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    bahahahahaha!!!
  • My Grandma always said that she and I were in the Fat Girls Club. Thanks. SO. Much.
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    'You're so pretty that if you just lose weight you would probably find a man"

Poor kid doesnt get it..
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    It looks good on you though....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzPsdkTCufs
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    "but i like your little weiner"
  • irunforcookies
    irunforcookies Posts: 111 Member
    This one was from my friend - Your ankles look so small - it's only because your calves are so big though. :noway:
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    I don't think you use the word friend in the same sense I do.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    "OMG, you look just like Chastity Bono!"

(Thank goodness at least that was PRE-sex change!)
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    "you'd be much more handsome if you weren't such an *kitten*"

actually! Wat! That's the best compliment I've ever gotten
  • Just got this one over on the "which celebrity does the person above you look like"

" you look like Lena Dunham w/long hair.."

:cry: :sad: Sorry but I think I'm way prettier LOL