What group were u in at High School

Options

Replies

• danamarich
    danamarich Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Most of my closest friends were either artsy or athletes but what mattered to us was who was nice.

We had a couple of a**hole basketball jocks in our class who thought it would be funny to pick a fight with a freshman who was from the middle east just because they could. Those guys got their butts tuned up in a hurry by the brutes on the wrestling team (who often moonlighted as players for the rugby team).
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I was with the rebelling party crowd freshman/sophomore, junior year I joined the mom club. LOL :laugh:
  • jacobhyatt91
    jacobhyatt91 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i didnt really fit into one....i mean i was on the football team for 5 years and played World of Warcraft every night too...so a jocky nerd i guess lol
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    jock all the way...but I was a smart jock at least
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I wasn't on either end of the popularity spectrum. I had no major enemies or admirers that I was aware of, just a handful of really good friends. I was in advanced classes but certainly not valedictorian material. If a movie were to be made of my high school years, my group would likely just be cast as "extras".
  • carblover79
    Options
    I guess I was considered one of the "nerds", being quiet and introverted. I lettered in choir, was in freshman debate, and hated gym. I knew people from every group and would intermingle as needed, but mostly stuck to myself. I went on to college for my junior and senior years, though, and didn't really care what people thought of me.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    i was what ever. I did do some sports (football/wrestling) but i wasnt hardcore over it. I would never sit in the same spot in the lunch, I had friends with preps, jocks,geeks, religous kids, nerds, metal heads, goth kids...ect.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I was good in sport, often sent out in class, never did my homework but succeeded.
    Once the accounting teacher told me not to come back when I didn/t have my homework. So from this day on I went straigt to
    the coffee when we had accounting.

I passed my bachelor and worked in accounting , that's ironic

Lots of the same here. My Algebra teacher in high school told me not to waste her time and I stopped going to that class. She didn't report it. I made A's in college math and work in an accounting function at my current job. I also wound up getting kicked out of my English classes junior and senior year and I have a bachelor's degree in English with honors.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Definitely the drama/musical theater nerds!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    The "skater/grunge" group. It was the 90's. I wore nothing but flannel and combat boots.

^ This group
  • idontknowwhoiamia
    Options
    Dazed and confused...
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My friends and I just called ourselves the leftovers since we never fit into any particular group.

This is about right. Most of the kids I hung out with were gay, bisexual, or trans. Some of them were goth, some were metalheads, some were athletes, musicians, science olympiad kids. Some of us were straight, and I'm sure there were plenty of gay/bi kids who never hung out with us, so it wasn't just the "gay kids' table". Each of us had a label, I'm sure, but a label is only one aspect of who we were and are; "gay" or "straight" or "athlete" or "goth" didn't fully describe any of us. We were together because we accepted anyone who was a good person and had a sense of humor. Many of us fit into several groups, but we chose each other, and there isn't really a single label to describe our group.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It depends on what part of HS you are referring to.... I went through a bit of a metamorphosis.

9th and 10th grade: I was part of the "burn-out" group..... wore Pantera t-shirts, smoked cigarettes and weed, acted like a bad-a** even though I really wasn't. I was just angry inside about a lot of things. Typical story.

11th and 12th grade: I left the "burn-out" group; stopped smoking everything and went back to dressing "girly" again; became interested in art and ended up fitting in nowhere. Nobody was really mean to me (at that time...... they did their damage years earlier in junior high), but I was not very visible to anybody, either. I had a few friends but they were not in my grade, so when I walked the graduation ceremony, I had a hard time finding a walking partner. Did not attend prom; refused to go without a date.

I was not overweight back then, so I really don't know why I just floated after I stopped hanging with the burn-out kids. Truth be told, one of the reasons I hung with them in the first place is because I felt accepted by them, and they were fun. I guess we can't always understand certain things. Whatever.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Oh, hands down, the "Losers' Club". But you know what? I actually liked being there. We were a big enough group and we were all great friends. I remember thinking that I was comfortable there and didn't want to be popular, as all the popular people's friends were backstabbing, two-faced people who only wanted to hang out with them because of their popularity.
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    the years of school are erased from my memory.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    not really sure where you would classify me... i played football and powerlifted, but didnt hang out with the "jocks" and go party with them. made good grades, but didnt hang out with the "nerds/geeks". didnt do drugs, but had stoner friends.... took a wide array of classes like, psychology, nutrition and foods, welding, body shop, automotive mechanics, wood working, civics, music history/appreciation, drama, electricity/electronics, adult living, health occupations, advanced P.E./ powerlifting, physical therapy..... guess i was a mix of all of them, but none of them. wasnt super "popular" but had lots of friends. guess thats what i liked about high school the most. i could stop and talk with any "crowd" and be accepted.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    The smoking/bunking group. Always in ****.
    Best times of my life :)
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I pick other....I was several different things in high school....In 9th grade I was shy, 10th more outgoing (made friends from many groups), 11th I hung with the stoners mostly but others as well, 12th I moved to a tiny town where the people in my grade didn't accept outsiders....so I was quiet again...but hung out with the underclassmen so I had someone to talk to. Don't even get invited to high school reunions....LOL Stupid small town politics!
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Odd leftovers. I participated in everything from Key Club to synchronized swimming to pep club. I played some dungeons and dragons too. I had some friends who were cheerleaders.Some of us worked tech for theater, a couple were actors. We were a strange bunch. Smart weird kids who took a lot of advanced classes and ended up being doctors, lawyers, and research scientists mostly. We protested Styrofoam trays in the lunch room and blew up condoms with helium to fill the ceiling of the commons for our senior prank.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    rocker/ outsider