BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH AND HOW IT SCREWS UP THE NFL

Options

Replies

• IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    OP Is it the colour PINK that seems to be your issue and not the fact that it's to raise awareness for Breast Cancer??? There are plenty of teams who were PINK!

Stade France rugby team.....
    http://boutique.stade.fr/boutique/liste_rayons.cfm
    Oh ooooops these are men who play a game with no body armour, what we call real men..............
    Lots of other teams also adopt pink as their chosen colour throughout the year too.... Cardiff Blues and Newcastle Falcons.

http://uk.movember.com/
    Where the rugby teams show their facial hair with pride....... (again no armour)
  • zevodactyl
    Options
    Uh, guys get breast cancer too, OP.
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    As today marks the 5th year since my 28 year old sister-in-law's passing from breast cancer, all I can say is how hurtful your posting is. Thanks for ruining my day. I was hoping this was one of those "if you don't support, then get out" kind of postings, that's the only reason I read it - lesson learned.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    As today marks the 5th year since my 28 year old sister-in-law's passing from breast cancer, all I can say is how hurtful your posting is. Thanks for ruining my day. I was hoping this was one of those "if you don't support, then get out" kind of postings, that's the only reason I read it - lesson learned.

*comfort* :flowerforyou:
  • tripledipped13
    tripledipped13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Personally when I am watching football the color they are wearing is NOT what I care about....Really the fact that they have pink on bothers you?? Grow up! Watch it for the game and NOT for what they are wearing......
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Wait .. there's people that aren't aware of breast cancer?
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Yeah.....the teams should just donate the money they would have spent on all the pink uniforms to cancer research centers instead. Seems like that would make a lot more sense.
  • Pie319
    Pie319 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A lot of NFL players sign their pink garb and sell it for breast cancer charities. so, it is helping.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Yeah, maybe if it was a pretty pink instead of pepto bismol pink.
    what color will they wear for testicular cancer month?... or maybe there will be one blue ball?

OMG I just died!!! HAhaha
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I wanted to check back to make sure everyone was able to choke back the vomit last night without asphyxiating or anything. Hope all is well.

The risk is probably higher on Sunday since with the redzone channel and Sunday Night football it might be too much. Just sleep on your side on Sunday night just in case, we don't need a Jesse's girlfriend in breaking bad situation. :flowerforyou:
  • normychan9
    Options
    The issue of breast cancer is painfully close to many people's hearts. Each year, over 200,000 women are diagnosed with invasive breast cancer while approximately 40,000 will die. http://CancerSurvivals.com
  • ReneeDawalga5100
    ReneeDawalga5100 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Listen, the pink is to give awareness. Its to remind people to get checked. Its just a freaking uniform, it should not bother you. If you are that set in your ways that seeing pink on Sundays throws you off and makes you angry then you need to up your dosage.... Awareness, thats it. If it puts breast cancer in someones mind when they are too young then good for it. I had a mastectomy this year and personally won't wear anything that is pink ribbon (hello I have enough scars to serve as a reminder) but I know that people my age (ahem 28) don't get checked. Truthfully I never thought about it, until last year I asked my husband why the Dolphens have pink shoes.

I do think my post is pointless, any man or women that gets upset over a uniform needs WAY more help then anyone on here to provide. This website is suppose to be supportive. Why hate ANYTHING that could possibly save a life. Does that St. Jude commercials make you angry becaus they intrupt your beloved NFL. My god, move out of your parent basement and figure out that in the real world, there are MANY things that should make you angry.

If my sex and the city girls had to wear light blue for teste cancer I wouldn't care. Because I'm not a heartless think only of myself *kitten*.

I only hope that you don't loose a loved one because of breast cancer. Or I hope you do don't have to watch your wife or daughter go throught what my husband and child had to help me through.

It all comes around.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    You had good intentions, but thanks for bumping this ****ty, hurtful thread.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    I love boobies but I'm sick of pink on the uniforms of NFL teams for the entire month of October. One week, maybe.

Doing it all month does not raise my awaremess, mostly just pisses me off.

Men, we need to find some ball cancer cause to plaster all over a women's thing for an entire month.

assume this is tongue in cheek?

i hardly even notice it, i am color blind though lol
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Personally when I am watching football the color they are wearing is NOT what I care about....Really the fact that they have pink on bothers you?? Grow up! Watch it for the game and NOT for what they are wearing......

if they were running around in pink thongs i'd imagine you'd object... i would anyway

of course the thongs would be as objectionable in any color lol
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I think it is awesome that an organization as large as the NFL commits to raising awareness each year. Maybe you should not watch football in October if it bothers you that much.
    [/quote]

THIS..... absolutely this!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Are you watching football to see the game or be the fashion police???? Generally I don't notice the uniforms when I am watching a game.... I am watching the action!
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    The uniforms are not really my focus when I'm watching football, unless it's a random throwback game...and even then I get over it after 2 minutes.
  • DeputySox
    Options
    OP is an idiot. Have an incredible day.