Twenty Somethings Week 1

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Well...almost the end of my day and I have left-over calories once again. Just finished eating some Dove Dark Chocolate (it's that time of the month for me) but am still well under. Oh well. I did have a GREAT workout. Ran for 1/2 hour on the treadmill and then did my 1 hour Body Pump class! Feel GREAT!!!! Also had some Chocolate granola bites (90 cal) after dinner! Can you tell I'm craving chocolate!?!:love: Anyways...off to bed in a bit! Hope everyone else had a great day and I'll check in tomorrow!!:flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    time to get up and moving 20#ders. :yawn:
    did real good yesturday. made good choices eating out last night also. it wasn't that hard to not eat the whole yeast roll. i am trying to decided where i want to eat for my birthday saturday. i love chinise, but, i can really lose it there and all that salt. i will have to think on that.
    well, i've had breakfast now time to get the 30 plus minutes on the wii fit.
    have a super day everyone :bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Okay kids! On to day 3!! Still going strong and VERY excited about it!!!!:bigsmile: So...here's the food for today:

Breakfast:
    2 sl. Village Hearth Wheat Bread toasted (80 cal) with 2 tbsp Sugar Free Seedless Blackberry Jam (20 cal), 1 medium banana (105 cal), 8 oz. Diet Cran-grape juice (5 cal), Kraft 2% String Cheese (70 cal) and 1 multivitamin=280 cal total

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee with 2 tbsp. sugar free Vanilla Caramel Creamer (30 cal), Kashi Soft-baked TLC Blackberry Graham bar (110 cal)=130 cal total

Lunch:
    Lenders Whole Wheat Bagel (180 cal) with 2 tbsp Fat Free Cream Cheese (30 cal), AE Yo Lite Yogurt (80 cal), 14 baby carrots (35 cal), and a diet coke=225 cal total

Afternoon Snack:
    1 medium apple (72 cal), 100-cal pack Almonds (100 cal), and Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar (190 cal)=362 cal total

Dinner:
    4 oz. Tilapia filet (98 cal), Homemade green salad with Italian Spritzer dressing (83 cal), and Homemade Oven Fries (117 cal)=298 cal total

PM Snack:
    1/2 Dove Dark Chocolate Bar (95 cal), 1/2 c. Fat Free Pineapple Sherbet (100 cal), and 4 tbsp Cool Whip Free (30 cal)=225 cal total

The exercise plan is 45 minute Step class and 15 minute Ab session. This will again leave me with some extra calories, but I may have something extra with my dinner (i.e. glass of wine?:love: ) But we will see...

I hope everyone else is making good choices and enjoying this challenge as much as I am!!!:bigsmile: Keep up the good work!!!!:drinker:
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    My foot is feeling better and I was even able to go for a walk yesterday and today I thinkI'll try doing more agian.

Time to get my butt back in geer:ohwell:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and I'm down a pound! Today is a good day :drinker: going for a walk now, have a great day everyone!
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Honestly I have not been eating my exercise calories, but I think I will.

So the goal is to always have your recommended amount in you at all times?
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    ok... day three.. down 2 lbs.. this could be to the 90 degree humid heat and i have to walk to work and back.. plus i worked an extra shift and had to mop floors vigourously..... WOW... tired girl here..lol :bigsmile:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have not been eating my exercise calories, but I think I will.

So the goal is to always have your recommended amount in you at all times?

You should eat your exercise cals and you should aim to eat small meals every 3 hours or so that contain both complex carbs and a protein. :happy:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yah! Day 3!!
    Started off the day with Kashi puffed wheat cereal w/frozen blueberries & trim soy milk. I think today will be a little harder because i'm meeting coworkers at a pub for drinks, but i'll try and stick to water and possibly one drink. I've been a bike riding machine! yah! I'm curious as to what the scale will say during my weigh in on Tuesday!!

Good luck today!:happy:
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well, I just ordered pizza for supper. Vegetarian whole wheat thin crust so it's really quite good for calories (and yay, they have their nutrition info online so I could make a good choice!). But I did 1250 calories worth of exercise today and at 5:30pm had 1600 calories left that I was supposed to eat!! :noway: I had some a couple of weeks ago too. I honestly would have preferred to have a higher quality supper (I've totally fallen for tasty healthy foods over less favourable options!) but this is decently healthy and a nice little treat I guess. I'm going to have to put some serious thought into my meals throughout the days though and find a way to get more calories in. I ate really well today and had TWO protein smoothies as well. The big difference for me on this has been eliminating nearly all sources of refined sugar. I was having nutella on toast most days in the late afternoon and that alone ate up 300 calories. Well, good night everyone! Lets keep up the good work tomorrow!!

wow! how did u burn all those calories?!
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i've done really good so far!!! hope i can keep it up! i resisted a box of shipley's donuts this morning :smile: (actually, i think they're still sitting there!) If that's not self control then i dont know what is! -lol-

B- 3 egg whites, 2 slices turkey bacon
    fruit and yogurt smoothie
    sugar free/fat free french vanilla coffee mix (only 25 calories and delicious!)
    S- yogurt
    L- south beach lunchable (turkey sante fe hot sandwhich melts), apple
    S- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter on a slice of whole grain bread,tea
    D- baked fish and brocolli
    S- chocolate "shake" (1/4 cup reduced fat ricotta, 1 tbsp cocoa powder,1/2 cup skim milk,splenda)

this shake is absolutely amazing! it tastes like a real shake! you can add a tbs of natural PB, or fruit, or vanilla extract depending on what your in the mood for.

Good luck on making good choices everyone!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Well, I just ordered pizza for supper. Vegetarian whole wheat thin crust so it's really quite good for calories (and yay, they have their nutrition info online so I could make a good choice!). But I did 1250 calories worth of exercise today and at 5:30pm had 1600 calories left that I was supposed to eat!! :noway: I had some a couple of weeks ago too. I honestly would have preferred to have a higher quality supper (I've totally fallen for tasty healthy foods over less favourable options!) but this is decently healthy and a nice little treat I guess. I'm going to have to put some serious thought into my meals throughout the days though and find a way to get more calories in. I ate really well today and had TWO protein smoothies as well. The big difference for me on this has been eliminating nearly all sources of refined sugar. I was having nutella on toast most days in the late afternoon and that alone ate up 300 calories. Well, good night everyone! Lets keep up the good work tomorrow!!

wow! how did u burn all those calories?!

I taught a stroller fitness class in the morning then power walked with my kiddos in the stroller over to *almost* the other side of town to see friends & go to the park, then I walked home again. Stroller was almost 700 cals in an hour (I'm a tough teacher lol) then the walks were about 300 cals each way!! My legs soooo feel it today.

AND, I think I'm done with the take out pizza, even if it isn't too bad. I felt jittery and my heart was beating faster for the rest of the evening!! Clean food is what I wanted and I should have listened!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Wow...good strolling!!!!!!

Well...I'm getting ready to leave work in about an hour and head to the gym for Step class and Abs. I'm TIRED...:yawn: ...Oh well! Gonna keep on keepin on! I'll check back either later tonight or tomorrow!

Good luck friends!!!:flowerforyou:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Bagels are my nemisis....I thought i found a really healthy great flax seed one...of course, too good to be true...I eat half of a bagel for a snack thinking it was only 80 calories because the whole bagel was 160...no, i need to pay closer attention to the serving size...of course 160 calories is for half of the bagel...I knew it was too good to be true :noway:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Bagels are my nemisis....I thought i found a really healthy great flax seed one...of course, too good to be true...I eat half of a bagel for a snack thinking it was only 80 calories because the whole bagel was 160...no, i need to pay closer attention to the serving size...of course 160 calories is for half of the bagel...I knew it was too good to be true :noway:

I do that all the time...miss read the serving size, that is! Don't ya just want to smack yourself?:noway:

Nah...don't worry about it! It's one day...and it's easy to do! And you probably didn't go over you calories even...it's not THAT bad.:flowerforyou:
  • jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    Options
    OK. I weighed in at 194 Lbs this morning, then went for a 3 Mile run.

For breakfast I had a bowl of Quaker Oats instant Oatmeal.

For Lunch I had a 6 inch turkey breast Subway Club on wheat with lettuce, sweet peppers, olives, and pickles. Mustard for dressing, a bottle of water, and apple slices.

For dinner I am having the other half of the sub, with an individual sized bag of baked lays. For a late snack I will have a cup of yogurt.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well another successful day! Just getting ready to have my sherbet and cool whip. And I actually managed to eat almost ALL my calories! AMAZING!!!! So...ready for tomorrow! It's Friday so have to be careful to not go over...but I think I'll be okay.

Good night my little MFP friends!!!:yawn:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Well another successful day! Just getting ready to have my sherbet and cool whip. And I actually managed to eat almost ALL my calories! AMAZING!!!! So...ready for tomorrow! It's Friday so have to be careful to not go over...but I think I'll be okay.

Good night my little MFP friends!!!:yawn:

Woohoo! I hit my cals today and did really well across the board! I have 2 calories remaining, 2 carbs, 17 fat and -54 protein. Protein is always high these days but basically hitting calories and carbs on the head and having fats left over is great I think! I'm getting this eating enough through the day thing DOWN!

I hope you had a lovely sherbet and cool whip :tongue: My treat today was warm, fresh focaccia from the farmer's market! :glasses: Tomorrow is going to be super clean day though.

So, I have some improvements I'm hoping to make to fine-tune my diet, since I think it's going really well generally. I seem to be getting better and spacing my calories through the day (since I end up with so many exercise calories every day!). Now the things I want to really start acing are:

- getting protein and complex carbs at every meal all the time. Pretty good but with some planning I could do even better!

- not eating within 3 hours of bed time. That's a tough one for me because we've always had supper a bit late. Baby steps.

- taking the opposite approach to a cheat day and having one or two SUPERSTAR days each week. Most days I'll have a healthy choice chocolate pudding cup or some frozen yogurt but I want to practice having nutrition hero days.

Well, that's it for tonight - good luck tomorrow... Friday can be a toughie!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Thurs

Calories Consumed 2177
    Calories Burned Exercising 977
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning 20#ders :happy:
    doing real good this first week. i do get on the scale every day, somedays a few times. scale junkie here. but, not updating ticker until tuesday morning. the one weeki mark. i am pleased. i don't think i will have chinese tomorrow for my b-day. i don't want the salt water weight. i am thinking of someplace else. i love bbq chicken and hot dogs. maybe i will just have dh bbq for me.
    well off to wii fit.
    have a great day, chipper