Things I get unreasonably angry about.

Options

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    You can quote all the online dictionary's you want. Seeing as they all use the bastardised american version of English they are bound to be wrong too.
    I am English, I speak English, I don't speak, read or write in Americanish, therefore when I hear it used in England by an English person it is wrong. Much the same as spelling colour, honour, valour or any other derivation without using the letter U is also wrong.

When the word was introduced to the English language the British haven't even started migrating to the New World.

But I see your point of being against language evolution. I can imagine a guy in the Vatican City going on and on about the bastardised English version of the Latin language.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    When people put condiments in the main part of the fridge instead of the door.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure "unreasonably angry" appropriately describes my reaction, but these are among my top annoyances:

People who abuse animals and/or people.
    Littering
    Telephone / door-to-door solicitation
    People who believe (and spread as fact) what the media tells them.
    People that stand too close to me while in line
    Inconsiderate / selfish drivers; those who pull out in front of you / force you to brake when there is no traffic behind you, people who fly by and then get in front of you only to slow down or make a turn, distracted drivers, people who refuse to (take turns and) merge properly when a lane is shut down, and people who don’t use turn signals.
    Selfish / rude people at the grocery store, mall, etc.
    Poor restroom etiquette; failing to flush / wash hands.
    Debbie Downers - everything that comes out of their mouth is negative.

I also like turtlenecks. :flowerforyou:
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    -People who don't know their own address (this refers to my job where I have to ask). How can an adult NOT KNOW THEIR OWN ADDRESS? :explode:

ETA: It's not unreasonable to have gotten irritated at this the first time I ran across it: the unreasonable part is when I STILL get irritated the 9,236,2154th time it happens. I should just accept it by now. :laugh:
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love this topic haha. So some things off the top of my head that make me angry:
    - When adults (who were US born and raised) still screw up they're/their/there and you're/your all the time. I understand there are some minuscule grammar rules that people don't know, but I don't judge people based on those. It's just the really obvious and simple things that bother me when I see mistakes consistently.
    - Any stereotype. Primarily that dancers have to be twiggy. I'm a mesomorph, and the only way I could achieve the "ideal" ballerina look is when I'm underweight, which clearly isn't healthy. Not all dancers are ectomorphs. -_-
    - People who have absolutely nothing and still have the audacity to criticize your house and material things
    - Airports.
    - Train stations.
    I love being at new destinations, but I hate airplanes and trains and the atmosphere that surrounds them.
    - When someone doesn't know their email address.
    - When you can't spell the town/city you live in correctly. HOW?!
    - When someone *cough* relatives *cough* don't check their emails and want me to go through and "help them" delete their 2000 emails. No! You don't need my help! Just keep hitting delete! Maybe you shouldn't have let your email get that full in the first place. :huh:
    - Those people with 50 items that try to slip into the 14 items or fewer lines at grocery stores. You're not fooling me, people!
    - When you're using the automatic check-out at Walmart and it keeps telling you that you have to put the scanned item in the bag when you already did, and it doesn't let check out anything else until it's resolved... and the employee who's supposed to help isn't paying attention.
    - Those idiots that pay 13 dollars to go to the movies yet they sit on their phones the entire timeee and their bright screens keep distracting you from the film.
    - People who seriously dress like they're going out to the club for Sunday mass. Just, no. :grumble:
    - Those girls at the gym that check out the speed and level you're going at on the treadmill/elliptical and then haughtily increase their speed/level until they're doing something more difficult than you. B*tch, please.

Yup haha, I'm sure there's even more I could add to this list.
  • LittlemissPear
    LittlemissPear Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    People that want to cuddle while falling asleep.....seriously??? To misquote dirty dancing,...this is my sleep space, this is yours, I don't go into your sleep space, don't come into mine...... :-)
  • Firemansam79
    Firemansam79 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    People who pass you on the right when there is not a passing zone.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    people who don't understand that a pound is a pound no matter what it is.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    slow walking people at the mall/grocery/sidewalks.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    slow walking people at the mall/grocery/sidewalks.
    and driving
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Definitely traffic
    When the stupid dj's interrupt a song every 10 seconds to say something or sing along. No I don't want to hear you. I want to hear the music. Grr!
    People who never use their blinker (It can be amazingly helpful!!)
    5533021c6a00bcb1474ffa8fd389016b_zps9c104a0e.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    underpants gnomes. :angry:

Underpants+Gnomes.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    users with mismatched avatars and usernames. :angry: :angry:
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    People who make it a lifestyle to live off the system.
    This girl at work, I can't stand her, just typing this makes me clench my teeth, she thinks she's so wise and together, but she's an annoying whiner who's a hypochondriac bordering on having munchaussen's by proxy.
    People who burn rubber to pull out In front of me, then go 5 miles below speed limit, even though there are no cars behind me.
    People who drive the speed limit in the passing lane on the Interstate like its their own personal lane.
    People at the grocery store who loudly discuss every (overly processed) food item before they put it in their cart.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    users with mismatched avatars and usernames. :angry: :angry:

iseewatudidthere
  • emmawoolf84
    emmawoolf84 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Kids squishing insects!
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    FML
    Misuse of too, to, lose and loose.
    People who always have to be right.
    Legging so tight I can see your cellulite.
    People who abuse animals.
    Violent people.
    Slow drivers, at least go the speed limit. Come on!
    Bro's.
    Girls who drag words out. "sooo liike I wasss aat this partyyyy."
    If you use the word 'like' in every sentence. "what I mean is like when your trying to like explain something and like you can't think of other words so like you put like in every so often."
    People with to much money.
    People who ***** about not being able to pay bills but wear name brand cloths, have tattoos, buy drugs/alcohol and drive nice cars.
    You realize you misused to in this post:laugh:
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    People who reply with "uh-huh" or any other like term when I say "thank you"
    Double pissed off points if I'm saying it to someone I'm buying something from like checking out at a store.

Actually those without proper social manners in general.

Also, stick figure family car stickers...not even sure why they make me rage.