CROCKtober - break out your crock pot recipes for October!

Options

Replies

• iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    in for the recipes!

I don't have one handy to add right now, but I do vouch for the whole chicken in the crock. I must try the lemon or orange in it too next time, sounds great.
  • anjiemr
    anjiemr Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump..chili
  • Mita19
    Mita19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of favorites:

Mock swedish meatballs:
    1 large can cream of mushroom soup
    1 packet beefy onion soup mix
    1 bag frozen meatballs

let it go for the day on low (only has to get hot) and serve over mashed potatoes or prepared egg noodles-my kids love this recipe! you can even add in some sour cream if you want that slight tang :)

I made the pork loin in rootbeer for pulled pork sandwiches and my semi-picky son ate 5 of them (he's 13)..."best sandwich ever mom!!"
    Cooked a 4# loin in 2 liters of rootbeer on high 6 hours, drain the rootbeer off, pull the pork apart and add BBQ sauce, cook for another hour to get the BBQ flavor incorporated--was delicious! It had an essence of the rootbeer but didnt taste like rootbeer :)

I also made the creamy mexican chicken soup and it was a hit! Would be a great vegetarian soup without the chicken!

1 can corn
    1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
    1 can rotel
    2 chicken breasts - cooked and cut into bite sized pieces (I used leftover grilled chicken-yum)
    1 packet of Ranch dressing & seasoning powder
    1 block of cream cheese

put it all in the pot & let it go - stir well & eat...this is a new favorite of mine for sure:)
  • cheergirl1993
    cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ldonahue74
    ldonahue74 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • littlelady62
    Options
    Bump
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the R in Crocktober at first...
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Crock pot meatloaf

1 lb extra lean ground beef
    1 lb ground chicken
    1 dry package of french onion soup
    1 egg
    3/4 cup dry bread crumbs, oatmeal or crackers whatever you prefer. I used bread crumbs

Mix all the above ingredients well, form into loaf.

Take aluminum foil and shape up around the meatloaf forming a pan and use enough foil to tent up loosely above meatloaf to prevent top from over browning.

Place meatloaf in crock pot and add water 2/3 of the way up the side of the foil covered meat loaf, making sure no water can get into your foil.

Place crock pot on low heat. I work 9 hour days. So when I got home I loosened the top of the foil and drained juice out of foil and opened the tent turned up the heat to high, while I prepped and cooked my side dishes.

You can adjust the heat and time to suit your schedule.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump! Tired of trying to figure out what to make for dinner at 7pm!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I just got my very own crock pot!
  • jmbond06
    jmbond06 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • betrishy
    betrishy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Angel Chicken
    1.5 to 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 packet of Italian Seasoning( like dressing mix)
    1 brick cream cheese (could use low fat)
    1/2 stick of butter
    1 cup of chopped celery
    pepper to taste
    (I added red onion because I had it)

Put it all in the CrockPot cook on low for 6-7 hours
    Serve over angel hair Pasta, so yummy, with pasta I log it as 400 calories for a serving

This is really yummy!!!
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    I've been making this one from Budget Bytes, it makes a great soup or goes over rice: http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/01/spicy-black-beans-tomatoes/

Spicy Black Beans & Tomatoes

Ingredients
    1 lb. (2 cups) dry black beans
    1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
    4 cloves garlic
    ½ Tbsp cumin
    1 med jalapeno
    5 cups water
    Salt to taste

Instructions
    Sort through your beans to remove any stones or damaged beans. Rinse the beans well to remove any dust. Place the beans in the slow cooker.
    Also add to the slow cooker: a can of diced tomatoes (including juices), 4 cloves of garlic (smashed or roughly chopped), one jalapeno (diced and seeds removed), and ½ Tbsp of cumin. Do not add salt at this point. Add 5 cups of water, secure the lid and set the heat to high.
    After four hours open the slow cooker and check the beans to make sure they are tender. They should be fully cooked at this point but if they aren’t, simply cook them longer and check again after a couple hours. Season the beans with salt (I used about ½ tsp).
    Either serve the beans immediately or divide up and freeze in single or double serving sized portions.
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I had this today:

Slow Cooked Pork and Apple

800g pork middle loin, fat removed
    200g apples peeled and chopped into eighths
    100g leek chopped finely
    2 bay leaves
    Salt and pepper
    200ml water

I put the pork on top of the apples for the first 3 hours, then covered the pork with the softened apples to keep it moist for the rest of the cooking time. I cooked this for approximately 6 hours on high.
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump