EVERYONE IS NOT HAPPY FOR ME

Options

Replies

• Tell her to stop drinking that Haterade, Cuz it ain't good! I can definetly see a major change! It has nothing to do with the position of the way you took the photo. Next time you need real opinions that do CARE and understand the process of this whole journey, come here to MFP to get it. Thank you and you are doing an awesome job! Keep it up.
  • shabrick00
    shabrick00 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Aww boooo hoooo I lost a tiny fraction of my weight and nobody threw me a party!!!!

2llgkt4.jpg

Get over it.
    I find it extremely funny that you took time out of your day to be negative and very childish.....smh at people like you
  • shabrick00
    Options
    Aww boooo hoooo I lost a tiny fraction of my weight and nobody threw me a party!!!!

2llgkt4.jpg

Get over it.
    i had to come back to you again...lol....if i was the person i once was I would have cursed you out....but because im not I wont...But I will say that Im sure before you got rid of the EXTRA PERSON you were carrying around you wanted support from those that were close to you...I was not looking for a party to be thrown i simply did it to encourage her probably something you know nothing about obviously or maybe you are a little salty because you had NO ONE to encourge you or maybe you didnt need it im not sure. But what I do know is that you did not go on this journey alone and im sure at some point throughout you were EXPECTING a pat on your back for doing well....people are just STUPID
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So this is my second encounter with a friend/co-worker trying to put a damper on my success...I shared this pic with a co worker and I asked did she notice a difference she said "yes but i think its because of the way you were positioned". I was blown away by her comment...Tell me what you think.
    [img]http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab286/shabrick00/mfp pics/d9d7c8c8-2a57-4005-9204-81ed897cab4f_zpse8b4fa10.jpg[/img]

Definite difference!
    It's just jealousy. One of my neighbors asked about my weight loss and how much I had lost. I told her 59lb and she actually tried to say it was water weight and that I won't have lost any fat yet.

59LB OF WATER WEIGHT!???

Funny I didn't hear myself splish sploshing down the street.

Moral of the story. People will try to take your glory, but you should be flattered that you look so damn good that they'd even try to knock you down :)
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Please, your face and neck are noticeably smaller. Haters gonna hate. You go girl!!! God Bless
  • shabrick00
    Options
    So this is my second encounter with a friend/co-worker trying to put a damper on my success...I shared this pic with a co worker and I asked did she notice a difference she said "yes but i think its because of the way you were positioned". I was blown away by her comment...Tell me what you think.
    [img]http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab286/shabrick00/mfp pics/d9d7c8c8-2a57-4005-9204-81ed897cab4f_zpse8b4fa10.jpg[/img]

Definite difference!
    It's just jealousy. One of my neighbors asked about my weight loss and how much I had lost. I told her 59lb and she actually tried to say it was water weight and that I won't have lost any fat yet.

59LB OF WATER WEIGHT!???

Moral of the story. People will try to take your glory, but you should be flattered that you look so damn good that they'd even try to knock you down :)
    lol @ "Funny I didn't hear myself splish sploshing down the street. "
    thank you!!! And I do :-)
  • shabrick00
    Options
    Please, your face and neck are noticeably smaller. Haters gonna hate. You go girl!!! God Bless
    LOL...thank you!
  • wendydl
    wendydl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think shabrick sounds like the hater she hates everyone !!
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have a tool to gauge if someone's an a-hole or not, isn't it? Looks like you found out what side of the fence your co-workers on. I was able to identify the people who weren't happy for me and have reduced their role in my life. And am better off for it.

It's an obvious difference, and you look beautiful. Don't let jealous and bitter people dampen your spirit!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Definite difference!

59LB OF WATER WEIGHT!???

lol @ "Funny I didn't hear myself splish sploshing down the street. "
    thank you!!! And I do :-)

See....it's a trap! That's why whever asked about my weight loss I deny it, change the subject or pretend I didn't hear the question. I always had the feeling the conversation could not end well. I feel almost like only a person who is a douche already is bold enough to ask the details of one's weight loss and it's so they can come in later with a douchey suckerpunch when you are all open and vulnerable. Other people tend to just pay the compliment and move on...."Wow you look awesome, you've lost weight." end of story. I think I'm fine tuning this who to be guarded against thing. Anyone stating it as a question is looking either to school you or for instructions which they will immediately regret putting themselves in the student position and will make excuses when they hear it's not a magic pill and that's when the attack ensues.

So TL:DR
    Weight loss compliment phrased as a statement? "Thank you" and walk away.
    Weight loss compliment phrased as a question? Fight or flight response.
  • myprana
    myprana Posts: 66
    Options
    I shared this pic with a co worker and I asked did she notice a difference she said "yes but i think its because of the way you were positioned". I was blown away by her comment...Tell me what you think.

I think your co-worker is either going blind or doesn't want to admit you look slimmer.
  • jonturbett87
    Options
    IMO it doesn't matter what other people think. Sure it makes the struggle to be healthy easier, but we are doing this for ourselves. Don't let somebodies contempt derail you!!
  • luv2camp
    luv2camp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    a number is only as good as how you feel. You look beautiful and no one can take that away. Cheers to you.
  • shabrick00
    Options
    I think shabrick sounds like the hater she hates everyone !!
    LOL...REALLY???? AND WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT FACT?
  • jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Look how nice your neck is now!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at how many people in this thread sound so bitter/hateful about...

...some person who is unable to respond/defend themselves who may or may not have been bitter/hateful when confronted with a couple of comparison pics.

Oh, MFP...don't ever change.

Don't. Ever. Change.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful, and there is a definite difference. Your coworker sounds to me like she isn't quite ready and is feeling pretty negative and lacking in confidence about her own abilities. When people are feeling that way, their judgment is clouded-unfortunately, your success was an obstacle to her, so she knocked it down. It probably wasn't personal or intentional, though it was thoughtless. (On re-skim, I misread something, so maybe not exactly this. Maybe she felt you were trying to one up her by showing her your progress when she is trying to lose too. Could be anything.)

Keep in mind that when showing people progress pictures, you will hear really stupid things. A woman at my job showed us her progress pictures, and I wanted to sink through the floor at the really tactless and thoughtless comment someone made about her before picture.
  • shabrick00
    Options
    thanks all
  • paulei1975
    paulei1975 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome and you look great. The best way to deal with the minority of trolls on here is to ignore them. Brava, on your accomplishment and stay well.
  • shabrick00
    Options
    You're doing awesome and you look great. The best way to deal with the minority of trolls on here is to ignore them. Brava, on your accomplishment and stay well.
    Thanks so much kind Sir! I have decided that the next mean, ridiculous post I see will not get any of my attention or energy. People can definitely state their opinions without being jerks about it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!