Wearing makeup to the gym

Options
smc864
smc864 Posts: 570 Member
I see a lot of ladies at the gym I go to now wear a full face of makeup just to work out. I can't understand why someone would put an entire face of makeup on unless they weren't going to work hard enough to sweat it off.

Don't get me wrong, I don't always go completely bare faced. I am very fair with blonde eyebrows, so I do pencil them in just a bit so I don't look albino... but aside from that why would anyone bother? Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me.

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I would use the treadmill behind your stairclimber...
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

This
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

this.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I will usually head to the gym after work and still have my makeup on. I don't get ready for the gym though, that's a whole different story.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

this.

ayup!
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    If I have make up on before I go to the gym or work out then I don't bother taking it off first. I don't put it on just to go to the gym though.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I work out at lunch or after work. I'm not going to take my makeup off before I go. *shrugs*
  • smc864
    Options

Ummm... thanks, I guess lol
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    If I go after work, I still have my make up on.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I will usually head to the gym after work and still have my makeup on. I don't get ready for the gym though, that's a whole different story.

This
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    This line for the treadmill is huge today! Oh.....
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    This line for the treadmill is huge today! Oh.....

Going to have to enforce the time limit rule!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't even go to the gym but if I did, you better believe I'd be wearing makeup. I do not leave my house without makeup. It is just as much a part of "getting ready" for me as wearing pants or bringing along my keys.

<<shrugs>>

I don't look horrible without it, and some of my friends/family even say things like "You are so lucky you don't have to wear makeup" (while I'm in foundation, powder, eye shadow, lipstick, mascara & eyeliner). But I have been wearing it daily since I was 8, it's just part of me! haha
  • smc864
    Options
    I don't mean after work, or on your lunch break.... I work out at about 9-10 am
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    We have a few ladies at my gym that have on a lot of makeup, and they are just the kind of people that wont go anywhere without full on make up.
    But I think most of the time, its just girls going right after work or on their lunch break.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup to the gym because it is bad for your pores. But that is all I will say on this subject. The last time we had a thread like this, it just turned into a bunch of women snipping at each other for no apparent reason and taking things personally.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

is anybody even in there to care at that time?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I wonder if anyone has asked this question before.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    In that case, some women just don't feel confident without their makeup on. Sad but true. Me, well, if you're checking me out while I'm getting all sweaty and not made up, you get what you deserve. :tongue:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Maybe they go to the gym straight after work and already have the makeup on....
    Maybe they are hoping to pick up a guy at the gym and are wearing water proof makeup....
    If it doesn't hinder your workout, I wouldn't worry about it.