What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't snore as much. :)

"I never snore"-my story and I've been sticking to it. My husbands spreads lies... :laugh:
  • sjfugatt1
    sjfugatt1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can bypass tempting foods and comfortably cross my legs while sitting on the couch. I can also ride my stationary bike for a solid 20 minutes without stopping (or dying). :laugh:
  • dizzow
    dizzow Posts: 65
    Options
    I can get to the top of our stairs without being so out of breath I have to stand at the top for a minute. Went from panting to just breathing a little hard.
    I can almost put my fingers flat on the floor when bending over, 30 days ago I could touch and just bend a little.
    I've went from wanting to sit down every 5 minutes to being able to be up moving around for 45-60 minutes without thinking I'm going to die if I don't sit down.
    My 4x shirts were previously getting to feel tighter, now they are feeling a bit loose.
    I've lost 20 lbs. (just started a month ago yesterday)
    I have a neck again.
  • NH_Norma
    Options
    I can get to the top of our stairs without being so out of breath I have to stand at the top for a minute. Went from panting to just breathing a little hard.
    I can almost put my fingers flat on the floor when bending over, 30 days ago I could touch and just bend a little.
    I've went from wanting to sit down every 5 minutes to being able to be up moving around for 45-60 minutes without thinking I'm going to die if I don't sit down.
    My 4x shirts were previously getting to feel tighter, now they are feeling a bit loose.
    I've lost 20 lbs. (just started a month ago yesterday)
    I have a neck again.

These are all awesome! Very motivating to keep going. Congrats!
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    I can run a 6 minute kilometer :D.
  • MilliDenney
    MilliDenney Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I can run up the stairs 2 steps at the time, walk down the stairs and do it again and again, I can do push ups which I never have been able to do before, and I can comfortably wear my most favorite clothes of which I though I would never ever fit in again.

And the most rewarding? I can polish my toe nails without having my breath cut off by the size of my belly.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Now i can walk 4.6 miles, i can jog for 25 second periods with out having a heart attack.
    My face is more relaxed, my cloths fit better.
    I workout 5-6 days a week including long walks.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • NH_Norma
    Options
    And the most rewarding? I can polish my toe nails without having my breath cut off by the size of my belly.

^^^ OOHH!!! A new goal for me to work toward! :)
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I can do 7 consecutive lunges whereas less than 3 weeks ago .. I could do at most ONE. I consider this a victory, even if it is a small one.
  • NH_Norma
    Options
    I can do 7 consecutive lunges whereas less than 3 weeks ago .. I could do at most ONE. I consider this a victory, even if it is a small one.

This is great! I can't do lunges...I must use bad form because it kills my knees. :(
  • Mavalicous
    Mavalicous Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    appx a month ago I started running. I would jog a half mile out stopping a few times and walk home.

Today I am running 5K in the morning and either 2 or 3 miles in the afternoon!!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    So, this is silly, but I can now easily reach up with my foot and flush the toilet in public bathrooms. I've always hated touching the handle, but usually had to lean against the wall to keep my balance to flush it. Now, no problem at all. Today I also ran my fastest mile yet. Still a way to go to have it be fast (I'm just at 9 min 47 seconds now) but I'm getting there slow but sure. Also added 10 lbs to my chest press. So, what about you? I'm sure 30 days has changed you, too :drinker:
  • NinjaMaid
    NinjaMaid Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Improved my running speed and I can lift more.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I can walk up my monster hill without stopping......or dying! I like walking to the store ( and back up my hill)
  • kezzola
    kezzola Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    At the age of 61 I now weigh less than I did when I was 40. Just achieved that milestone in the past month.
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Make a lay up
  • health1971
    Options
    30 days ago I could only ride my bike for 3 miles...

Now I can ride my bike for 12.5 miles...

I never cared for running and 30 days ago I started training for a 5k Diva Run...
    When I started my training it took me 18 minutes to finish a mile...

Now I do a 13 minute mile and that's with an injured ankle...

Thanks for all the inspiration..:flowerforyou:

Taking a step at a time to reach my goal always
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I can run five miles at a steady 5mph pace and deadlift triple digits. And wear size 6 jeans. :smile:
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    The 32-inch-waist jeans that were too snug on me 30 days ago are finally ready for prime time.
    And I can -- by a couple of inches -- deadlift myself using a chin-up bar. I might have been able to do that 30 days ago -- I don't remember when I started -- but it's a recent accomplishment.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I can wear a second pair of jeans from my closet (my first goal was the first pair), I can move a ton of freight by hand and never get winded, and I can say I've reached my first big scale goal of 50 pounds down. I'm at 51 today. :)