Best Marriage Advice

Options

Replies

• metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Always assume your spouse has the best intentions.

Be your spouse's best cheerleader.

Don't just add your spouse as a part of your life; build a new life, together.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of pineapple juice.

Does that really work?

Yes, it does!!!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Hot sex. Every.Single.Day.

THIS!!!!!!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Regular, quality blow jobs. They pretty much can't argue with anything after that.

Just so much truth

And this benefits the woman...how?

Well I don't know about you, but I ususally get some action in return but I don't mind giving no strings attached (that they can see anyways lol) *kitten*. Try giving your guy road head the next time you've had too much wine at dinner then you'll have your answer dear :flowerforyou:

and this!!
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I always give the same advice to people getting married.

"Put each other first, and love each other best. The rest will fall in place."

We're celebrating 30 years this November. Works for me!!!

My mom and mother-in-law gave me this advice when my husband and I got married. We have always lived with this in mind, and have been very happy for 12 years now.
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Never, ever go to bed angry.

If you must, stay awake long enough to calm yourself down and to tell your spouse, "Right now I'm too angry to talk about this, and I/we need to get some sleep. But tomorrow, we will address this and resolve it." The fact that you have acknowledged you're mad, and you've verbally committed to addressing the issue rather than ignoring it, is so very important.

11 years as of this September and still going strong.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Realize that your spouse is your best friend and no one is going to have your back like they do. Fight right away and get it over with, no point in letting your anger simmer. Never treat the person with anything but respect. Remind the person that you love them several times a day.
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Touch each other daily. Doesn't have to be sexual but a hand on her shoulder as you walk past still shows intimacy.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Always be willing to work on your marriage
    kiss everyday, several times a day and lots of touch
    do little things for each other that says I am thinking of you
    have regular date nights or alone time and have time for yourself
    communicate
  • Amy11108
    Options
    Don't let the sun go down on your anger: Settle any real fight before you go to sleep.

not going to bed angry is terrible advice...

AGREE!

I'm gonna go ahead and AGREE here as well. Most of the time we are overtired, over thinking, and just need to go the F to sleep. We actually say "lets go to bed and talk about this tomorrow" and tomorrow we are FINE!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Don't let the sun go down on your anger: Settle any real fight before you go to sleep.

not going to bed angry is terrible advice...

AGREE!

I'm gonna go ahead and AGREE here as well. Most of the time we are overtired, over thinking, and just need to go the F to sleep. We actually say "lets go to bed and talk about this tomorrow" and tomorrow we are FINE!

I agree with this also!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Decide if you would rather be happy or you'd rather be right. Sometimes you can have both, but usually being happy trumps being right for me.

The first answer was one of the best. It's so true. Is any single incident more imoportant than the lifelong commitment to your spouse? If it is, then you are with the wrong person.
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Say "I love You" every night before falling asleep, and again before heading out the door in the morning: you never know what will happen during the day aor the night......
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It's all already been said. I did have an advice box at my bridal shower though and I got one that said; 'Clean the house naked'. It totally works, too!:wink:
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Make sure your spouse is your best friend!
  • Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Learn two phrases:

Yes Dear

You're Right

And don't sound even the slightest bit sarcastic when you say them.

is that possible? HAHAHA
  • Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    for men AND women: DO NOT let yourself go! Its important to be attracted to your spouse!!
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Regular, quality blow jobs. They pretty much can't argue with anything after that.

Just so much truth

And this benefits the woman...how?

Well I don't know about you, but I ususally get some action in return but I don't mind giving no strings attached (that they can see anyways lol) *kitten*. Try giving your guy road head the next time you've had too much wine at dinner then you'll have your answer dear :flowerforyou:

So not happening. :tongue:
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    for men AND women: DO NOT let yourself go! Its important to be attracted to your spouse!!

Not true for me; my husband has gained probably 50-60 pounds since we met - he always jokes he "looks like Buddha" and I wouldn't trade him for anybody else!!!! He's attractive to me as an entire package, not just his looks. Everything about him culminates together into his attractiveness.

And on the opposite spectrum, there are completely great looking guys with hot bods that I wouldn't take if you gave 'em to me because they're lacking in so many other important areas...

I know what you mean, but just sayin'! :-)