what is the worst thing you have been called?

Options

Replies

• OoOJennieOoO
    OoOJennieOoO Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Also, my mother in law says I have a big "pansa" pansa means stomach in spanish.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I was mistaken for my mother once and called by her name......it was horrible!!
  • everettehenry
    Options
    bam bam bigelow, though I was no where the size of him. I have been called Sausage roll and many other names. But it is all good. Never bothered me to much.
  • candaceleigh8806
    Options
    When I was younger I was very skinny due to dieting and work outs, I was called anorexic and bulimic, even though I never had an eating disorder. I then put on some weight and those same people started calling me fat and talking about how big my belly is. I've learned to just try and ignore people and have just started working out and eating better for myself.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I was mistaken for my mother once and called by her name......it was horrible!!

^^^This...my brother told me I looked like my mom. And my husband told me once that I was starting to look like her. My mom is short, fat & crazy in the head!! :explode:
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My step-daughters mother told them to laugh at me because I had cancer. As you can see in my pic I have a scar from srugeries I had to have to remove it...after picking up my step-daughters one day she said "watch you neck, it makes you ugly"....
    It hurt at the time becasue I was still dealing with the meds and surgeries - after awhile I realize what a sorry person she is and took a lot of time explaining to my step-daughters that cancer is not funny, we read many books together and now they help each year in Relay for Life, donating their time and allowance to find a cure!

What a fabulous turnaround you did with this!
  • hippielalala
    Options
    My classmates would always call me "beached whale." In first grade or so, we read The BFG (or Big Friendly Giant) by Roald Dahl. The other kids in my class decided to change it to BFT, or Big Fat Tiffany. Some of them told me they were going to save their lunch money to send me to fat camp. By the time I was in fourth grade, I had been told to kill myself, leave school and never come back, and that I should live alone on an island so no one could see me. Needless to say, kids are cruel. I even told one kid's mom about what he was saying to me, she looked me up and down and said that he was OBVIOUSLY trying to do me a favor. My sister would also CONSTANTLY touch my stomach while saying "Oh great Buddah."
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My grandpa has never liked taking me out in public because of my weight. One time he had no choice and we ate at a restaurant. I asked what was in the fruit salad and she named off a few melons including cantelope which I'm allergic to. I said, "Oh no thank you. I'm allergic to cantelope." He said, "Too bad you're not allergic to pizza." He made her face go red. I just glared at him.

I don't really know what the worst thing I've been called because I don't get my feelings hurt easily but my grandpa was a good man when he was young. He married my grandma who had 6 kids at the time and even when they divorced he raised them. He is the only grandpa that we grandchildren know. My grandma even offered to give him a child and he said no because he was afraid he would treat the other children different than his biological child.

So knowing how he feels about me and the words he says really stuck to me and made me kind of feel unloveable even though I know it's not true.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    A cripple.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    A cripple.

And to me that is harsh.

((hugs)) :flowerforyou:
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My parents were nothing but supportive of me growing up. Of course however I didn't have a weight problem at that time. My weight problem came after I got divorced and wanted to just eat my problems away. I honestly have never heard anyone call me names to my face, because well... back in the day I'd beat you down and take your ho ho and smother your face with it. It seemed like everyone was afraid of me, and never wanted to be on my bad side. Honestly... I hate that I potrayed that kind of person! I'm completely opposite of that now!!!

I'm my own worst enemy... no one has to call me a name... I could think of plenty to call myself.

For all of you that had to endure that growing up... I am so so sorry.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    A cripple.

And to me that is harsh.

((hugs)) :flowerforyou:
    Well at least this cripple can still kick some *kitten*, hehe, and ty for the
    ((hugs)) :flowerforyou: :heart:
    We all can't choose what happens to us, but we sure can make the best of it
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Stupid, Spoiled, ***** & Self-Centered...all of which come out of my husband's mouth. It's quite sad really cause it has nothing to do with me being overweight or skinny. Guess Im just a ****ty person in his eyes. :cry:

You need a different husband. You don't deserve that.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Fat b*tch has always been my favorite.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Pregnant, I've always been bigger around the belly area...and I've had an old manager of mine argue with me thinking I was really pregnant, and NO I have no kids....so I have always had mixed reactions just trying to find the right way to handle it, but no matter what it still burns inside me being asked that... I had a girl even purposely know I wasn't being pregnant and harrassed me about it and she was 2ce my weight, she wanted to fight though and I ended up kicking her *kitten* so that made me feel better lol
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    :( That is sad.

I have been called many things, before I lost weight, my husband called me a fat lazy *kitten* once. In his defense we were fighting but yeah.

Recently I was called fake because I naturally have big boobs, and the person said that everyone knows that when you lose weight you lose your boobs, I lost some but not all of them, so because I have natural curves, I'm fake.

I use to hear "You have such a pretty face, it's a shame that you are so fat."

Had a guy once tell me that if I was thinner he would totally date me but he isn't into fat chicks (That was in high school and I wasn't even at my biggest).

I was told not too long ago that my mom (Who is 5'5 and weighs 125 lbs) looks great now, but me who is 5'1.5 and at the time was also 125 lbs, I looked sick and needed to go eat a hamburger.

I could go on and on, the hate and mean things don't stop even after you lose the weight. I get more flack now at 118 lbs then I did at 250 lbs. Just today I was shopping and this girl kept staring at me and whispering to her friend and her friend kept turning around to look at me. I smiled and walked away, not worth my time.
    As I'm reading all these posts, I was thinking about this one comment by this one person which I still think about...wondering if I should post...and YOU had heard the same thing "You have a pretty face, it's a shame that you are fat" - mine was very similar... 'Wow, you are lucky you have a pretty face because you are so chubby..." Why oh Why do people say things like that? Couldn't she have stopped at 'you have a pretty face' or nothing at all (it's not like I asked her)...but I *do* feel proud of keeping MY mouth shut because I felt like saying to her (because it was true) " you are lucky you have a great body because your face is not pretty at all"...but I kept my pretty mouth shut! ha ha
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Eta:
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Pregnant, I've always been bigger around the belly area...and I've had an old manager of mine argue with me thinking I was really pregnant, and NO I have no kids....so I have always had mixed reactions just trying to find the right way to handle it, but no matter what it still burns inside me being asked that... I had a girl even purposely know I wasn't being pregnant and harrassed me about it and she was 2ce my weight, she wanted to fight though and I ended up kicking her *kitten* so that made me feel better lol

Pregnant, yep...many many times...usually in a 'oh wow I didn't know you were pregnant' or 'congratulations' , 'when are you due' or in high school I had a teacher pull me aside once and asked me 'who did this?' - we were in a hallway with graffiti and I thought she was talking about the graffiti, not by belly!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    A 9.
  • isabellalune
    Options
    I would have a shorter list of names I haven't been called, to be honest.

Instead of "Bella", people would call me "Belly".

Then when I started middle school it was "fat wh*re"... character development? Haha.

I take it in stride nowadays. It just shows me the people I shouldn't hang around without having to waste my time filtering them out myself.