diet sadness

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I was at a friends last night for dinner and for dessert they have sopapilla cheesecake. She asked if people wanted big or small pieces- I said medium which was about 125% of the small and about 1/3 of what the big pieces looked like. I ate it and LOVED IT, wanted more. I didn't eat more though. I reminded myself - the first bite of the most delicious food is the best bite. Every bite after that is not as good - so eating more would not mean I would get more enjoyment, each bite after that would be less enjoyable. I am trying my best now to "SAVOR" the food, it is really hard and sometimes I catch myself eating too fast and missing out on the actual taste and I remind myself again... enjoy this bite....enjoy this bite...

DEFINITELY. I have a dr who refers to this as "conscious eating". He says to think about where the food came from, how it was prepared, how it tastes in your mouth, and to enjoy every bite. Definitely words of wisdom!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling very sad as I eye the dish of Candy Corn on my counter. After all, you can't get that stuff in July. But, I have (and will continue) to resist it's White, Orange, Yellow delishishness until I reach my goal.

I will feel equally sad about Peeps in the spring.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    not sad. im doing pretty good at controlling what i eat and how much i eat of it. the only thing i wish is that i would have met "cookie butter" years ago so i could eat more than 1 or 2 tablespoons of it. LOL. but im not sad about it. i just look forward to the next night. when i get to do it all over again if i'd like.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    not sad. im doing pretty good at controlling what i eat and how much i eat of it. the only thing i wish is that i would have met "cookie butter" years ago so i could eat more than 1 or 2 tablespoons of it. LOL. but im not sad about it. i just look forward to the next night. when i get to do it all over again if i'd like.

Cookie Butter!?! Tell me more.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    No, not really at all. If I want a Jack-in-the-Box pumpkin shake, I get one. Large. And then I go run 7 miles.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Sad part is I can relate. I hit reality yesterday though when I had my endo appointment because I was told I have a metabolic disorder due to possible insulin resistance.

Will I miss some of the food? Sure, but I have to think about what is more important: my kiddo and husband having a healthy wife around for a long time, or an ill mom and wife that will die young?
  • sabrinar1982
    sabrinar1982 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am very sad today. My boss brought in 4 big boxes of donuts today. Everyone is laughing and enjoying their donuts and im eating my stupid yogurt!! LOL Seriously tho, it does make me sad but at the same time, I'm proud that I CHOSE not to have one :)
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options

Cookie Butter!?! Tell me more.

What is Cookie Butter?? Are you talking about cookie dough?
  • reneeb816
    reneeb816 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It makes me more sad to think that eating a whole loaf of banana bread would make someone happy.

Rude! You should have just kept quiet. Obviously you have never had problems with binge eating. It's a tough road for some of us.

To OP: I totally get it! Some days are worse then others. I try to keep anything tempting out of my house altogether.
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Not anymore... I miss fruit and carbs during the week (I'm on the ketogenic diet for a few weeks), but now I'm perfectly capable of making a huge dish of lasagna and not having a bite. It takes time, but you get there.
  • NaoyukiTai
    NaoyukiTai Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I miss a lot of foods I don't eat.
    To make life easier, I designate Sat. Dinner - Sun. Lunch as cheat meals and eat whatever I want to eat.
    And when I eat "bad" food (like beer+chips+dip), I enjoy it.
    It keeps me honest for the rest of week.

However, even on the cheat day, I keep eating "good" food like fruits, veges, lean protein food as much as possible to lessen the impact of cheating. This also reduces my guilt of cheat day.

Funny thing is, I did not lose much of weight whole September, and after implementing cheat day, my weight started going down again.
    Keeping calories down is important but keeping metabolism up by some cheating helped me.
  • LprLady
    LprLady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There is a devil on your left shoulder :devil: And an angel on your right shoulder:happy: The devil wants you to believe that that banana bread tastes better than an apple . . . a nice juicy fuji apple... an apple that will not only fill your tummy but make you happy for choosing something that is good for your body. One time I told a friend that God made food for us to enjoy and she replied that there was not a HoHo or Hostess Cupcake - or banana bread - tree in the Garden of Eden. You can do this! And when you do do it you will wake up tomorrow so proud of yourself that you will want to dance. Go for it girl . . . the angel is right. The devil is wrong.