Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I started to follow this guys website and he sends daily notes. Here was today's post and the last paragraph is exactly my mantra. Let's crush these last 11 weeks of 2013!!!

Make Today your January 1st!

Why do we think that we "blew it" because on one particular day (41 weeks ago) we made grand plans for how much weight we would lose in 2013?

If you started the year with solid intentions and never got started or have fallen off, then today is a great day to start. Any day can be the start of something amazing so I say you make today your January 1st!

Forget about the first 41 weeks of 2013 - they are now water under the bridge. Plus, beating yourself up about something you can't change is only going to drag you in the wrong direction.

Why wait until January 1st to start doing amazing things with your energy and health? Jump in today and get excited to crush it over the final 11 weeks of 2013. You are worth investing your time and energy into so make Today your January 1st and then get after it!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Well, I think I needed a down day. I had every intention of doing something active on my day off but I did not. Part of me is so use to rock climbing on Friday's, I will be going through withdrawal tonight. I am heading a co-worker's dessert party tonight for a Girls Night Out. It should be fun but not as much fun as climbing. This is all because of the tri on Sunday. I did not need to bruise my knees before the event. In the future, I will most likely continue to climb on Friday nights even with something on Sunday or Saturday. Tomorrow, I will do water aerobics in the morning and hopefully spend some time outside tomorrow as well.

I hope the desserts tonight will not be to bad since the host is also concerned about her weight. I just decided to double check to make sure the event is still on for tonight. If not, I might go to my gym or find something else to do.

Have a great night.
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness -- today is a rest day. High School football tonight and it's going to be a cold one. Bundling up with extra layers and a big mug of coffee tonight. My fitness for the weekend I'm very excited about... Tomorrow is the annual Breast Cancer Awareness Zumbathon. Three hours of non-stop action...several instructors in the area donate their time and they are amazing. It's a huge party really, with 100% of proceeds going to research. After three hours, my knees will need ice packs and ibuprofen but it's so worth it :)

Sunday is my future son-in-law's birthday. I'm making a Sunday brunch for the family and we will probably graze all day. Also baking and decorating a cake for him. Heaven help me have some control.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    friday fitness- rode my bike 19 km today. Was nearly home and working my way up a short steep hill when a guy leaned out the window of his truck and sais "you dropped something'. Of course i stopped to look and there was NOTHING. So i called him a bad name and then rode up the rest of the hill. Ha!
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!! Feeling good for the weekend!!! Went for a walk at lunchtime; and took my first side-by-side photo and actually NOTICED a difference in more than just my face!!!

You are all inspirational to me - know that reading this thread helps me stay the course!!!!

OJNiIBi.jpg

DGbS4Wx.jpg
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! It's friday which makes me super-happy! :bigsmile: This was the longest "short week" ever! Anyway, I went out with colleagues after work, and tonight I'm going to see a friend's band play. It's their last show ever b/c the band is breaking up. My friend, who is the drummer, and the bassist are planning to start something else, but who knows if and when that will happen. I'm looking forward to it, but they don't go on until 10:30. I'm really feeling my age thinking about going out that late on a friday night! :yawn: At least I get to sleep in tomorrow.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Good gosh this thread moves fast!

After a week off from the gym, I went back yesterday. Holy moses do my arms ache, but it’s such a good burn. I love going. I’m scared for my weigh-in this week. My scale hasn’t budged, and that makes me nervous. I feel as though I slacked last week, and it’ll show this week.  I get so discouraged so easily. I want to feel good about myself, and I know I’m losing, but it’s such a mental battle to lose so much weight. I’m almost down 50, and that’s a huge deal for me. That’s 1/3 of what I wanted to lose.

Kooky-way to go on 5” heels! I’d break an ankle!
    Lives2travel- I completely agree with the “needs to lose 10 pounds” comment. I am looking to lose 150, or essentially ½ of myself! It’s a little longer of a commitment, but way to go on losing over 50!

Fitness Friday:
    Today was a mad cardio day. Have you guys ever done the arc trainer? It sucks….so much. I did 30 minutes on it on the weight loss program, which is all extreme intervals. Burned 100 more calories in the same amount of time than I did yesterday, which is cool, but jeeze. Then it was another arms day. I didn’t spend as much time as I wanted to on them, but I noticed my triceps are starting to show a little more.

NSV: I can feel my ribs again, and for someone who is 260some pounds, that’s pretty sweet. Even though I still have my rolls on my stomach, I am pretty excited because they seem like they’re “deflating” a bit. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • aimeemarie150
    Options
    oh yes, frau....way to go! :) I can definitely tell there's a big difference between your before and after pictures!
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Bump. Grandkids are down and I'm doing great. Heading to bed cause they are early risers. Have a great w/e everyone. Charlotte
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Had my night out with a friend from work at Ghouls Night Out at a local winery (they have monthly girls night out events), had a blast - a bit too much wine, I'm sure of that but had a lot of fun! Tried 6-7 different types of wine plus a fantabulous raspberry champagne and a wine they called Samba that was a raspberry white merlot (which I bought) - came home with just two bottles of wine (we bottled our own Peachy Keen which is a dry chardonnay with peach and apricot) . Could have been worse, my friend went home with 6! :laugh: I'm more of a dry red wine person, but the fruity wines they had were so tasty. Basically behaved with the snacks they offered, we opted to drink our calories instead. :wink:

Its a bit too cool for me to run outside so, I'm headed to the gym shortly. I got an impromptu lunch invite, so meeting friends later. Other than that, usual Saturday stuff I guess. It's going to be a beautiful fall day, so maybe we'll do some walking in a park afterwards.

ETA: @Frauhaas~Great progress photos!

Enjoy the day!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Queen – We have an “old” mall in Bismarck that we have lots of walkers use. Still stores, but mostly the kind that you go to on purpose instead of walking the mall to shop. Lots of walkers there…maybe you can find one of those in your area.

I'm heading out to a lunch date with Jacob. He’s still on crutches and he’s been “down” so we’re going to hang out. We looked at a couple of movies, but since I’m not willing to give in and let him go to an R rated one yet, we have pretty limited choices. We usually have some really good talks while having a lunch together, so that’s where we are headed. I’ll be glad when he’s off these darn crutches and we can do a basketball date at the Y. Some house cleaning and weight lifting round out the rest of my day. I'm hoping to be done by supper time so that Emma and I can cuddle on a couch and watch a movie on Netflicks.

Saturday Success: I got on the scale and am down another 2 pounds!! That means I’ve lost 3.1 so far in the month of October. I have now lost all my summer gain and am actually .3 pounds lighter than I was in May. Hopefully I’ve learned my lesson.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Well, I started my day off well with water aerobics and very short lap swim just to get muscles thinking about tomorrow. Then ran a few errands and meet a friend for lunch. Of course, I was hungry so I opted for a milk shake and a chicken BBQ wrap (way to many calories) after the aerobics class. I most likely blew dinner tonight in attempting to "carb load" but I will see how it goes tomorrow. Hopefully, I will feel okay tomorrow after eating so much today.

Saturday success- I realized yesterday and again this morning that I have re-lost 10 lbs since summer. My ticker never reflected the gain that I had. At the beginning of summer I was hitting between 205-210 lbs on the scale and it just keep jumping around in that range. The past couple of weeks my weight has stayed below 200 lbs consistently and today was 195.8 lbs. I was excited to see this number since 195 is my current recorded weight. I hit 192 after having a major case of the flu after my brother's wedding a year ago. I did raise it to 195 a few months later and then it just keep creeping upwards. Now it is creeping back down and I want to keep it that way.

Well I need to go and pack my bag for tomorrow's event. My plan tonight is to get a good night sleep and drink more water.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

Prodigal returns with head hanging in SHAME!

:embarassed:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @marsha--No shame!! Be proud of yourself that you came back! :happy:

@laurie--I'm glad your weight has gone back down to match your ticker. I've been going through the same sort of struggle all summer. True to our doppelganger status, I also dropped to my low of 181 last spring after a bout of illness. Like you, I raised it back to 185 at the start of summer when it was clear that loss wasn't permanent. Since then, my weight has bounced around between 187-193 and recently it's been staying in the low 190's. This morning, I finally saw a 189.4 again. My hope is that my body has now adjusted to my increased calorie allowance, and I will continue to see the scale go down. Would love to get down to my ticker weight before the holidays really set in. GOOD LUCK at your tri tomorrow!!! :flowerforyou:

@tracy--hope you enjoyed your day with Jacob.

@kelley--that wine outing sounds like fun--and I don't even like wine! :smile:

@charlotte--enjoy the weekend with the grands!

I will come back in a bit to finish posting. DH and I are catching up on the new season of American Horror Story.
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    So I missed Friday, but I have a new plan for fitness.
    I have been doing Zumba and while its a great workout... I haven't been getting much of a burn . So I added in a circuit training video.It's a jillian Michaels beginner one. One disc does front muscles and the other back. So I do the circuit training in the morning and either go for a walk or Zumba in the evening. It depends on how many steps I have left on my day!

Saturday success: umm. I lost a bit of weight this week. But what I really am enjoying is my increase in energy. Today we were at the mall and my 7yr old was bugging me. So I started to chase him around, pushing the stroller and threatening to run him over. I chased him for about 3 min. It was so much fun. But the big thing was I was running. I don't run. I almost caught him too! lol!

Robin, I work at Moxies, a few of the new items on our roll out was: Ginger sesame tuna salad, fresh pizzas ( the wild mushroom is awesome), sushi cones (similar to the rolls but very cool looking), and salted caramel cheesecake. Num Num Num! lol!

Frauhaas, congratulations! You can really see the difference in you face!
  • jjpayner12
    jjpayner12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Here is my first post as I just joined two days ago. I'm glad I found this community.

My partner and I are getting really serious about this, and I know we have said this quite a few times-this time seems different. Allowing ourselves to be human and holding each other accountable.

Really into cardio and shooting hoops right now-looking forward to getting back into lifting and swimming. This community looks awesome and I'm super impressed with everyone!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @p1xy--I think it's great that you are mixing up your workouts and including some strength training. I'm surprised you aren't getting a big burn doing the zumba--I've never done it, but the posts I've seen from friends who do it led me to believe it was up there with running or the elliptical.

@alupinsk--congrats on nearing the 50 lbs lost milestone!! :drinker: I do the arc trainer occasionally, but I don't love it. I find the movement a bit more awkward than the elliptical, and I only burn about half the calories even when I do intervals or hills programs. I can burn a similar amount on the stationary bike which I prefer to the arc trainer.

@frau--great pictures--you can really notice the difference! :drinker:

@karenleona--sounds like a great bike ride despite the a$$hat. :wink:

@carla--hope you had fun at the zumbathon. Those HS football games can be brutal! Our team is 8-0, and although I don't go to all of the games, I always feel obligated to attend at least one playoff game. We typically host one, so I'm crossing my fingers that if coincides with some relatively warm, dry weather.

@susan--thanks for sharing the post about making today January 1st. I agree 100%!

@robin--glad you are getting over the virus. The orchid sounds like a lovely gift!

@sjacobs--congrats on the 3.5 lbs lost!! Yes, it can be a slow process, but I think it's much more likely to be a lifelong change when it comes off slowly vs. crash diets.

@holly--I think we've all been where you are (and if not yet, then we will be). It's frustrating to do everything right and still not see the scale budge, but you've got the right attitude! :flowerforyou: I hope you find a good indoor walking space.

@beachgirl--how did the dress shopping go?

@kooky--I could never imagine wearing 5" heels with my *problem* feet--even 3" heels need to be very expensive designer brands if I want to walk in them or stand for any extended period of time. I will say that losing close to 60 lbs has definitely improved my ability to last in any type of heels though. When I weighed close to 250, it was torture to wear heels--even low 2" ones.

Saturday Success:
    I managed to stay awake to see my friend's band's last show even though they played until 1:30. After sticking around to say goodbye to the band members we know and a long drive home, I finally got home around 2:45 AM!!! :noway: Needless to say, I slept in a bit today.

I was planning to hit the gym and them do schoolwork today. However, my student teacher texted to tell me he forgot his laptop charger in our office. Since he has no keys to get into the building, I had to meet him at school so he could get it. He felt really bad about it, but it turned out to be a good thing b/c I did some work while I was there. I completed my lesson plans for my formal observation on Tues. and planned out the next couple of weeks for my AP class.

By the time I got home it was too late to go to the gym, but at least I got in a good walk with gunner in the morning. Tomorrow I will go lift and probably run a 5k on the treadmill (weather is yucky :grumble: ). I'm also going to try to make a small dent in the AP essays and do some grocery shopping.

Grading goals:
    1. x/73 AP essays
    2. annotate poem for Tuesday's lesson
    3. 50/73 AP test corrections
    4. x/55 Junior in-class essays (student teacher will do these)

Exercise goals:
    Mon-walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and elliptical) DONE
    Thurs--rest day (going to dinner and a play straight from work)
    Fri--walk gunner DONE
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) NOT DONE
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift and run 5k)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 90
    Dead lift = 65
    Squat = 55
    Overhead press = 45

Upright row = 35 (kettle bell)
    Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 80
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess today was really a mixed bag. I worked really hard this morning, cleaning house, etc. I did an hour walk, too, so I had really accumulated a lot of exercise calories for today. Then this evening we had nachos and polish hot dogs while we watched the BSU football game and I ate nearly all of my exercise calories. At least I had them to eat. I guess that's a win.
    Its always a bit stressful around here, but part of the stress is gone. DIL finally took the naughty dog to a shelter to find a new home. I just couldn't trust him with the baby. I finally banned to him to outside whenever the kids were here. I guess she decided that he shouldn't have to stay outside that much. She has cats in her apartment upstairs and he was very aggressive toward other animals so she didn't want him up there. I know she is unhappy about giving him away, but because she wouldn't let him upstairs he had kind of become my dog to care for and I just don't need the stress of a pet with all of the other things I have to do, especially one I couldn't trust.
    Some things I am just learning to take in stride. Last night I prepared dinner for 7 and 3 of us ate. Oh well, there are leftovers that will get eaten eventually. I'm really grateful for the invention of the microwave.
    Tomorrow will be a challenge, too. We are going to my second son's birthday dinner. I think that it will be pretty easy to control how much I eat there so it shouldn't be too bad. I wonder why food has become such an integral part of celebrations for most of us. It seems to be true of all cultures.
    Well, onward and downward. Have great Sunday. Kaye
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: Cyrus and I completed our 2nd Color Me Rad 5K today at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Perfect day for it. We had a really great time doing it together. Of course, for the next few days while I blow my nose or clean out my ears I'll be seeing pink, blue, and green. Plus, even though I was wearing a serious "over the shoulder boulder holder", some how my cleavage was covered in pink (sorry Gorilla) and it will not come out. Serious. Plus, I did my 165 squats today for our October Squat Challenge. Only 11 more days and will be doing 250 on 10/31. It's been a challenge and I better have "Buns of Steel" when I'm done. LOL!!! After all that exercise, I needed a little R&R so decided to try out a new foot reflexology place. I use to go all the time in Atlanta, but haven't tried one in Vegas. You can't beat it $30 for 60 minutes. I felt like the guy was beating me to death, but I had some serious knots worked out. At the time, I was squirming, but do feel better now. Whew.

@ Marsha - It's so good to see you!!!! Get back to posting. We're here for you!

@ Kaye - I know it was a tough decision on the dog, but the safety of the children are first and foremost. Hopefully, the shelter will find the dog the right home for it's personality.

@ Kelley - What a fun night! I'm not much of a wine drinker, but I do enjoy a glass on occasion. I probably would have really enjoyed it because the lighter and fruiter the better for me. Not so much the dry reds.

@p1xy - I haven't tried Zumba yet, but I want too because I heard it's constant movement. I'm surprised your not getting as much calorie burn out of it, but we each have to find what works for us. Loved your story of chasing your 7-year old around the store. It's those times that keep reminding us why we're on this journey and making this our life going forward. Keep finding those special moments.

@ Frau - You can definitely see the changes in your before/after especially the head shots. You're doing this. Keep going!!!

@ Sjacobs - Nice loss!

@ Laurie - I know you're going to do great tomorrow. Can't wait to hear about the Tri!!!
  • aimeemarie150
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound Thanks :) It's a rough path for sure. Are you an English teacher, because it sure sounds like it!

Weigh in was today. Lost 3lbs this week and 5.5". I'm not sure how to measure inches correctly because if I pull the tape measure taut, I get a different reading each time depending on how tight I wrap it. Either way, I'm going down in size. My christmas goal is to be around 230, which is another 30 pounds, but that gives me 2 months to accomplish that.

I almost have to force myself to avoid shopping for right now because as I go down in sizes, I only want to buy clothes when the old ones don't fit anymore. Fortunately, I'm a pack rat so I have about 5 different sizes of pants in my closet right now. I'm definitely looking forward to purchasing a new wardrobe next year, but I'm not looking forward to the cost of it all.