Women / Large Bra Sizes

Options

Replies

• archoo_letsdothis
    archoo_letsdothis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think it's availability that's the biggest issue. If I could wear a 40 DD I could pick it up at a Walmart for $20. Make the cup size a J in the US or a GG in the UK and my bras end up between $81 and $160.

This. smaller bands with larger cup size are expensive. usually over D cup. Sports bras especially.
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Creeper entering thread ninja style....carry on....
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    If you are talking about sizes ranging from A to DD in linjerie collections... never saw a difference in price in the same model. Neither in clothes (the same blouse in XS, S, M, L sizes had the same price).

If we are talking about a C cup generic model and a JJJ cup bra custom made or brought from the exclusive store that sells that big sizes... prices may go very high.

I never saw a difference in prices.
    I mean... from where I am, few shops have large sizes.
    Like for brands only H&M and C&A had big sizes. And I can't say that the cost of clothes was different (for example normal blouses and bras had the same price range).
    Other than that, there are here generic `fat people clothes stores` which are no-brand whatsoever and thus have small prices. But the models and quality aren't so great either.
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It can be costly when you have such an odd size and have to special order and have them made, or purchase them from other countries and have them shipped to you.
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Must just be related to women's clothes, because I don't have to pay any extra for my larger Jock Strap.

Gooch material is cheaper
  • Kiwigirlkim
    Options
    I use to be a full DD! But with breast feeding and losing weight in now a C cup.

I'd love to be a full F or G

I LOVE BIG BOOBS! They are so sexy. God I sound like a pervert!! LOL
  • reds_1
    reds_1 Posts: 59
    Options
    I think it's availability that's the biggest issue. If I could wear a 40 DD I could pick it up at a Walmart for $20. Make the cup size a J in the US or a GG in the UK and my bras end up between $81 and $160.

This. smaller bands with larger cup size are expensive. usually over D cup. Sports bras especially.

That's true. But hey, having awesome big boobs sure makes up for extra cost!
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I use to be a full DD! But with breast feeding and losing weight in now a C cup.

I'd love to be a full F or G

I LOVE BIG BOOBS! They are so sexy. God I sound like a pervert!! LOL
    pm'ing my credit card number....:)
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My experience has been that regular department stores don't go beyond a DD cup size, so I have to shop at specialty boutiques like Intimacy (love this place!!) to get a properly fitting bra for my 34F's. And that means dropping between 75-150 for a single bra, but they're brands are quality like Empreinte, Freya, Prima Donna, and Fantasie.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how one size can be doubled or selected as a different letter (i.e. an F cup could be considered a DDD) that confuses the crap out of me.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Same problem. If I want to squish my boobs into a 34DDD I can occasionally find a bra at Kohl's or TJ Maxx for a reasonable price. But to get bras that actually fit (34G) I have to rely on the internet or better department stores.

They say that something like 80% of Americans wear the wrong bra size, and I have to wonder if it's because of the lack of availability. Too many women assume that they have to fit into one of the sizes available at Target or Walmart and just squish into whatever they can.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how one size can be doubled or selected as a different letter (i.e. an F cup could be considered a DDD) that confuses the crap out of me.

Sister sizes and European vs. American sizing.

If you really want to know more about bra sizing: http://www.epbot.com/2013/04/everything-you-never-knew-you-needed-to.html?m=1
  • Elpaw4mbv
    Elpaw4mbv Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    40G or H depending on the manufacturer and yes - they cost A LOT if you want something that doesn't look like your great Aunt Edna's iron underwear. Unfortunately - even within the larger sizes they don't all run true. In Elomi, I am a G, in some of the other larger bra makers it's gone up to an H.

FYI to the ladies on the thread - Elomi makes an AWESOME sports bra with underwire. You can run without getting a black eye - "the girls" stay put. It costs around $80 per bra but beats the hell out of double bra'ing it or wearing the ones that smash the girls flat.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Its so frustrating to see super cute bras in Wal Mart or JC Penny or wherever and they only go up to a C or D at most (if you're lucky). And even if they go up to D, they take out the cleavage-making part. Just because my girls are big doesn't mean I don't want to shove 'em up like smaller girls get to.

I end up having to go online to get quality as well as the structure/style I want.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Its so frustrating to see super cute bras in Wal Mart or JC Penny or wherever and they only go up to a C or D at most (if you're lucky). And even if they go up to D, they take out the cleavage-making part. Just because my girls are big doesn't mean I don't want to shove 'em up like smaller girls get to.

I end up having to go online to get quality as well as the structure/style I want.

QTF
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yep. My sister can pop into a store and get any bra for 10-20 bucks and I have to go to lane bryant or online and if they aren't having a sale, its at least $40. Before kids, I was a 40DDD, Now a 40H/42G depending on the brand and it is almost like all bra makers stop making good bras after DDD...and they start at around $50 or higher :sad:
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options

QTF

Quality Task Force???
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options

QTF

Quality Task Force???

it's Yoda for Quoted Truth For (it is)
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    40G or H depending on the manufacturer and yes - they cost A LOT if you want something that doesn't look like your great Aunt Edna's iron underwear. Unfortunately - even within the larger sizes they don't all run true. In Elomi, I am a G, in some of the other larger bra makers it's gone up to an H.

FYI to the ladies on the thread - Elomi makes an AWESOME sports bra with underwire. You can run without getting a black eye - "the girls" stay put. It costs around $80 per bra but beats the hell out of double bra'ing it or wearing the ones that smash the girls flat.

I haven't tried Elomi. Freya makes a very supportive underwired sports bra, but it only comes in black, white, or nude.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

QTF

Quality Task Force???

it's Yoda for Quoted Truth For (it is)

Dang, I need more coffee. Thanks for the Yoda save though!