BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH AND HOW IT SCREWS UP THE NFL

Options
1234568»

Replies

• archoo_letsdothis
    archoo_letsdothis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wait .. there's people that aren't aware of breast cancer?

Actually people know about breast cancer, but most need a nudge before getting a mammo. It is like obesity, in the sense no body thinks it will happen to them till it does. A timely mammo saves lives. Get your wife, mom, sister and friends to have it done every 2 years If over 50 . Others talk to your gp about it.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Maybe the NFL players should just donate their salaries from the month, instead of wearing the ribbon. It wouldn't raise awareness; it would only raise money. Tons and tons of money.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    At the risk of bumping this silly thread that I just found, and which has cracked me up...

Allow me to say, Max, you are the man. My husband and children and I wholeheartedly concur.

Enough with the pink crap everywhere. We have "pink out" games for football and basketball, too, at our high school-- you know, seriously-- like forcing pink socks on our quarterback is going to help anybody anywhere? It's all a bunch of politically correct garbage designed to con the women into believing they and their health issues are being taken seriously-- as if breast cancer wasn't taken seriously already.

And women fall for it-- unreal.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it at all! Pink on guys!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    The pink on the uniforms makes money for Nike and reebok and the NFL, but not a lot for cancer research. It's a cynical marketing move on the NFL's part.

These are interesting takes on it:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/10/04/nfl_s_a_crucial_catch_football_s_breast_cancer_awareness_initiative_is_about.html

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2011/10/18/thanks_to_the_nfl_and_breast_cancer_awareness_month_little_boys_.html
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    And women fall for it-- unreal.

Falling for breast cancer.... yeah I have heard it all on MFP. SMDH. :noway:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Disgusting thread. I'm a breast cancer survivor who has lost too many to this disease. Someone should be ashamed.
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Not a damn thing wrong with it.
  • KatieKat1979
    KatieKat1979 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    This is your major complaint in life? Here's an idea.. Get one..
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Says the person commenting on a nine months old thread...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Says the person commenting on a nine months old thread...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    large.gif